Board index PBase Questions and Answers Question regarding EXIF data

Questions and Answers

Question regarding EXIF data

Ask if you need help using PBase.
relay_denied

Question regarding EXIF data

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:53 pm

Hello and thank you. I love this opportunity to show my work.

I notice in some of the galleries, after the size buttons, there is a button for exif data. I do not see the opportunity to add exif data while uploading or editing the image. I would be grateful for some help to see what I am missing.

Thanx,
Paul

tamn

Re: Question regarding EXIF data

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:57 pm

Hi Paul,

I can't speak for the PBase folks, but I believe that the EXIF data is extracted from information embedded in the image file (usually a .jpg). The EXIF data is created by the digital camera.
From my observations, PBase gathers the EXIF data when the image is uploaded the first time, and aside from values with are already editable (camera, date, tech notes, etc.) you cannot edit other EXIF data (metering mode, white balance, etc).

Note: Some photo editing software will not preserve the EXIF data in an image when changes are made and you save. Photoshop does save EXIF data, I don't know about other programs...

I have heard of programs which allow you to create and edit exif data for a jpg (I think one was called EXIFer) but I haven't used any myself. It might be easier just to use the tech notes field :)

Hope this is helpful,
-Mike

relay_denied

Thank You Mike

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:48 pm

I was wondering if that was the case. I believe the images I put up were saved by another program and the exif data stripped. I downloaded Exifer, looks cool.

BTW, Beautiful shots. That D60 looks great. Remarkably clear even at iso 1000. I also love the bee, how did you get him to be so still :)

Thanx,
Paul

tamn

Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:22 am

BTW, Beautiful shots. That D60 looks great. Remarkably clear even at iso 1000. I also love the bee, how did you get him to be so still

Thanks! The D60 is indeed a great camera, I love it.
The bug (I think it's a hornet, it was big) actually didn't hold still for long! I took 30+ pics of him zipping between flowers, and only one picture was actually sharp, although another was workable.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Question regarding EXIF data