Board index PBase Questions and Answers GIF Images Are Gone

Questions and Answers

GIF Images Are Gone

Ask if you need help using PBase.
johnsgallery

GIF Images Are Gone

Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:18 am

Hi!
I noticed last month that my collection of 'emoticons' was gone. I thought it was a temporary quirk, but they're still not back.
Thanks in advance for any help! Here's the link:
http://www.pbase.com/johnsgallery/gremlins

srijith

Re: GIF Images Are Gone

Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:23 am

johnsgallery wrote:Hi!
I noticed last month that my collection of 'emoticons' was gone. I thought it was a temporary quirk, but they're still not back.
Thanks in advance for any help! Here's the link:
http://www.pbase.com/johnsgallery/gremlins

Hm.. I can see them in the gallery. What do you mean "gone"?

johnsgallery

Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:51 am

Thanks for the reply, srijith!
The titles show on my screen, but not the images.
Now I'm really confused!! :?

*EDIT*
Either my firewall or my browser were blocking them. I've fixed it.

srijith

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:22 am

johnsgallery wrote:*EDIT*

Let me guess.. disabled showing of pictures from other than the original server?

patsysj

Where is that setting?

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:59 am

srijith wrote:
johnsgallery wrote:*EDIT*

Let me guess.. disabled showing of pictures from other than the original server?

I'm still trying to diagnose my inability to see my own originals regardless of the size of image uploaded. From my vantage point, this is a problem for every image in pbase.com/patsysj, where the galleries are more or less chronological and where I could at one time see all my originals. Where is the setting you refer to?

Thanks for your help.
Patsy

srijith

Re: Where is that setting?

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:43 pm

patsysj wrote:I'm still trying to diagnose my inability to see my own originals regardless of the size of image uploaded. From my vantage point, this is a problem for every image in pbase.com/patsysj, where the galleries are more or less chronological and where I could at one time see all my originals. Where is the setting you refer to?

Thanks for your help.
Patsy

This is how it goes. When you upload an image to pbase, it tries to create three versions of the image (other than the original) - small, medium and large. The dimension of small = 160 x scaled_height, that of medium = 400 x scaled_height and that of large = 800 x scaled_height.

Now, the problem is, if your originally uploaded image is only of the size 800 x some_value, there is no way pbase can make a large version of the image since large is same as the original (800 x some_value)

Example : http://www.pbase.com/image/16042677
This image's original size is 800 x 534. The width (800) is already the width of the size large. Hence original = large. So large version is not produced. Hope that clarifies things.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers GIF Images Are Gone