Board index PBase Questions and Answers RED X + $23 NEW Customer = LIVID

Questions and Answers

RED X + $23 NEW Customer = LIVID

Ask if you need help using PBase.
alaska_43

RED X + $23 NEW Customer = LIVID

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:18 am

I am a new (2 days) PAID customer and I am getting RED X. Nothing is working properly ! Some of my photos that were loaded earlier today are RED X. I made SPECIAL arrangments to upload phots tonight and it's SNAFU. IS this a reoccuring event>? Is this what I have to look forward to, for the next year? needless to say I am NOT a happy customer.

ALASKA_43

arev

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:46 am

I have never had this problem till today now many of my photos have the dreaded red X. my year runs out this month and I am using way over my limit so I thought slug may have been turfing out some photos but it seems to be many customers having problems

kimr55760

Re: RED X + $23 NEW Customer = LIVID

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:48 am

alaska_43 wrote:I am a new (2 days) PAID customer and I am getting RED X. Nothing is working properly ! Some of my photos that were loaded earlier today are RED X. I made SPECIAL arrangments to upload phots tonight and it's SNAFU. IS this a reoccuring event>? Is this what I have to look forward to, for the next year? needless to say I am NOT a happy customer.

ALASKA_43

I think we are all having the same problems today. Considering the incredible amount of data that is being uploaded and then viewed I think pBase does an incredible job. There are occasional glitches but they never last long. Kim

framewerkz

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:20 am

alaska_43 wrote:I am a new (2 days) PAID customer and I am getting RED X. Nothing is working properly ! Some of my photos that were loaded earlier today are RED X. I made SPECIAL arrangments to upload phots tonight and it's SNAFU. IS this a reoccuring event>? Is this what I have to look forward to, for the next year? needless to say I am NOT a happy customer.

ALASKA_43

Sheesh. Get a grip, everyone seems to be having the same problem and given the time of day it is in NC I doubt very much that slug is aware of the problem and will get to it as soon as he aims some coffee at his head. On the whole the team here at PBase is responsible and will get things sorted out.

I've been a paying customer for over a year now, and though it's an inconvenience, it's really not worth getting uber-pantybunched about it.

In direct response to your questions...

- No this isn't a recurring event - it's a rare occurrence and things this serious haven't happened in the past (at least I haven't witnessed it)
- No this isn't what you can look forward to in the coming year - what you can look forward to is a community of genuinely interested photographers willing to share tips and location ideas, a site with improving search functionality that allows you to view others' work and learn from it, a site that automatically displays EXIF info and a site that doesn't require your friends to register to view your photos.
- Where I am it's Happy Hour on a Friday. I'll have a beer for you and I hope it makes you that little bit unhappier.

Have a good weekend.

trrsranch

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:27 am

Don't worry, Slug will get it fixed asap. It is happening to all of us so it is on pBase's end. Your money is well spent as this site is the best and easiest and most versitle photo site I've found. Slug needs to get all the free loaders to ante up so this place can start rocking. It's not fair to the paid members.

alaska_43

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:43 am

Thank you Framewerks for such kind words. You have NO idea what I went through in order to get the time to work on my gallery. I really appreciate you telling me to get a grip, and to NOT get my panties in a wad ! I didn't realize I posted in a yahoo type forum.
ALASKA_43
PS: please drink 2 BEERS for me, that way I'll be double unhappy ; )
framewerkz wrote:

ALASKA_43

Sheesh. Get a grip, everyone seems to be having the same problem and given the time of day it is in NC I doubt very much that slug is aware of the problem and will get to it as soon as he aims some coffee at his head. On the whole the team here at PBase is responsible and will get things sorted out.

I've been a paying customer for over a year now, and though it's an inconvenience, it's really not worth getting uber-pantybunched about it.

In direct response to your questions...

- No this isn't a recurring event - it's a rare occurrence and things this serious haven't happened in the past (at least I haven't witnessed it)
- No this isn't what you can look forward to in the coming year - what you can look forward to is a community of genuinely interested photographers willing to share tips and location ideas, a site with improving search functionality that allows you to view others' work and learn from it, a site that automatically displays EXIF info and a site that doesn't require your friends to register to view your photos.
- Where I am it's Happy Hour on a Friday. I'll have a beer for you and I hope it makes you that little bit unhappier.

Have a good weekend.

framewerkz

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:57 am

If this is you chucking the toys out of the cot I'd hate to see how you drive.

Cheers (I'm having a six-pack for you)

framewerkz

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:14 pm

Hey, fixed now. Just wanted to say:

NO RED X + $23 old customer = HAPPY (and with six cervezas in me)

juliano

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:36 pm

LMAO : ) AH , No worries mate ! I wish you would quit muckin around and get me a beer, lol WAIT, I hear Slim Dusty singin "A pub with NO beer"
Ga'Day
PS: Awesome gallery you have thier mate : )

framewerkz wrote:Hey, fixed now. Just wanted to say:

trrsranch

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:47 pm

It's fixed now. Everything working a-ok. Thanks, Slug...

alaska_43

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:48 pm

Anyway thier mate, framewerkz, you have me LMAO. TY I appreciate it ! Now back to singin Slim Dusty and try to catch up with ya, I'm a 6 pack behind.
ALASKA_43

Anonymous wrote:LMAO : ) AH , No worries mate ! I wish you would quit muckin around and get me a beer, lol WAIT, I hear Slim Dusty singin "A pub with NO beer"
Ga'Day
PS: Awesome gallery you have thier mate : )

framewerkz wrote:Hey, fixed now. Just wanted to say:

Board index PBase Questions and Answers RED X + $23 NEW Customer = LIVID