Board index PBase Questions and Answers Exif data.

Questions and Answers

Exif data.

Ask if you need help using PBase.
abwhitt

Exif data.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:14 am

Hi, having problems getting the data to display. Must be something I'm doing wrong! I've done a search but still not a lot wiser. I am using Photoshop 7 and my camera is a Canon 10D, so both have the ability to supply the info. Any pointers, or clues as to where I may be going wrong?
Thanks
Frank

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:21 pm

i took a look at the files from your first day with the 10d gallery (congrats on the new camera)
there's definitely no exif data in them.

try uploading one directly from the camera and see if that works.

what exactly are you doing to those files between the time you take the picture and upload it?
you're only using photoshop 7 to process them?

does anybody know if there are some photoshop preferences to enable/disable saving of exif data?
maybe Save For Web... strips exif data? (i don't know one way or the other, just guessing at possibilities)

-slug

decloedt

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:19 pm

Yes, Save For Web strips exif data. Also, some file format plugins (like Box Top ProJPEG) strip that data as well.

juliano

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:24 pm

slug wrote:i took a look at the files from your first day with the 10d gallery (congrats on the new camera)
there's definitely no exif data in them.

Thanks Slugs, rubbish photos, struggling to get to grips with this focusing on the 10D. I think it's improving!

what exactly are you doing to those files between the time you take the picture and upload it?
you're only using photoshop 7 to process them?

Yes, just PS

does anybody know if there are some photoshop preferences to enable/disable saving of exif data?
maybe Save For Web... strips exif data? (i don't know one way or the other, just guessing at possibilities)

Looks like that is the culprit, thanks

-slug

juliano

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:35 pm

decloedt wrote:Yes, Save For Web strips exif data. Also, some file format plugins (like Box Top ProJPEG) strip that data as well.

Yes, you are corect, thanks.
http://www3.pbase.com/image/19840854
Sorted it now.
Thanks
Frank

alienspresent

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:07 pm

Hi there

I also have the same problem as you when doing a "Save forWeb" I found a solution by useing BreezeBrowser from http://www.breezesys.com . There is a facility to copy EXIF data between folders i.e. "Originals" to "Enhanced for Pbase", I use it all the time. Incedentially I use the Downloader which is also available from breezesys.com and find it much easier and quicker to use compared to the software supplied by Canon. The software is tailor made for use with Canon digital cameras although I believe it can be used with other makes of camera.

Hope this sorts your problem out.

Ian

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Exif data.