Board index PBase Questions and Answers Non-public gallery: Why do links [i]not[/i] work sometimes?

Questions and Answers

Non-public gallery: Why do links [i]not[/i] work sometimes?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
monoprint

Non-public gallery: Why do links [i]not[/i] work sometimes?

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:37 pm

I have one gallery that I have designated as non-public by removing the check mark from the box: "this gallery can be viewed by anyone."

I use it to store a couple avatars that I link to on other sites to display a small thumbnail that identifies me. I also sometimes put example pics that I want to link to but not display on pbase in there.

Usually this works fine, I can link to my avatar and it will display with no problem on sites like Fred Miranda. But recently, the avatar has not been displaying, all that appears on Miranda's site, in the space where the avatar should be is a little block with the words "access denied."

I also tried adding the check back (to make it a public gallery) and I still get the same message on Miranda's site.

Any idea why?

And ... why doesn't HTML work in the subject line? :mrgreen:

Bill

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:03 pm

looks like the "publicly viewable" box on the image itself is unchecked.
just go to the update image page, and check it again.

let me know if that's not the problem.

i fear html in the subject lines. we'd have 1MB photos or 1inch text there. and i'm sure someone could come up with something far more evil.

-slug

monoprint

Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:05 am

That was the problem. Thanks.

Your point about the headers is well taken. :P

One other thing -- I checked the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box, but got no notification. I was thinking in terms of email notification, maybe that was wrong, is it just a notification when I join the forum?

Bill

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:53 am

yes. that's email notification.
go to the Settings link near the top of the forums and fill in an email address.

this is a separate email address than from on your pbase account.
that way you have the option of setting up a separate mailbox aside in case you don't want forum messages being sent to your primary address.
also, it will make you verify it by clicking on a link in an email.
this is so that people don't use someone elses email address and have these forums start sending spam to that other person.

-slug

monoprint

Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:08 pm

slug wrote:this is so that people don't use someone elses email address and have these forums start sending spam to that other person.

-slug

Ah, sure and it's a wicked world. :wink:

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Non-public gallery: Why do links [i]not[/i] work sometimes?