Board index PBase Questions and Answers Who is direct linking to my photos?

Questions and Answers

Who is direct linking to my photos?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
srijith

Re: A suggestion

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:15 am

sheila wrote:That sounds a good idea. So would I put my Internet Provider, in my case, Bigpond.com instead of your own server - in your case srijith.net in the account setting if Slug ever addresses this issue?

Cheers and thanks
Sheila

You put the IP/domain name of the host from which you allow your pics to be linked directly. If say you want to share a picture ar photosig.com (an example), you just fill in photosig.com. Rather than the ISP that is incharge of your personal Internet connection, you will put the name of the site from which you allow direct links.

To make it simple for people who are confused about this IP/domain thingie, I guess it will be good to have an option of just allowing all links too :)

yardbird

i am still confused

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:41 am

http://www.pbase.com/image/14902618

the above image of NY has had 61 hits. Now how do i know how many are direct links? Will there be another statistic at the bottom saying how many direct links?

let me know,
THanks
Karthik

magpiesyear

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:51 pm

I had one image get up to 2500 hits in 2 months. I put it down to the name for a start, the moment i slapped a watermark on it the hits stopped. There was no indication of a direct link being used on it.
http://www.pbase.com/image/12230284

sheila

Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:48 am

There's a difference between Hits and Direct Links. Hits, of course, are posted at the bottom of the image and if it has been direct linked, it will show that underneath the Hits.
Such as

439 hits since 26-MAR-03

33 direct links since 26-MAR-03

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

juliano

Re: A suggestion

Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:57 pm

srijith wrote:
sheila wrote:That sounds a good idea. So would I put my Internet Provider, in my case, Bigpond.com instead of your own server - in your case srijith.net in the account setting if Slug ever addresses this issue?

Cheers and thanks
Sheila

You put the IP/domain name of the host from which you allow your pics to be linked directly. If say you want to share a picture ar photosig.com (an example), you just fill in photok;lksig.com. Rather than the ISP that is incharge of your personal Internet connection, you will put the name of the site from which you allow direct links.

To make it simple for people who are confused about this IP/domain thingie, I guess it will be good to have an option of just allowing all links too :)

Previous

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Who is direct linking to my photos?