Board index PBase Questions and Answers Customer Service

Questions and Answers

Customer Service

Ask if you need help using PBase.
powerandbeauty

Customer Service

Post Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:33 pm

Recently I had a album mostly posted, and it just disappeared from "popular galleries" and also from "recent uploads". At first I thought maybe because it had full nudity in a few shots. Then this week I started posting a new album, only glamour stuff with a little topless which I and many others have been doing similar for years, and it does not show in "recent uploads" either.

Of course messages to customer suport have been unanswered.

Anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this? I've been on Pbase for 17 years, seldom have a problem but when there is one it seems we are on our own.

akmc_in_au

Re: Customer Service

Post Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:31 am

powerandbeauty wrote:Recently I had a album mostly posted, and it just disappeared from "popular galleries"

You don't really have any control over that. If other people get voted on more than you, your galleries will slide. There are a few communities that tend to vote mutually, and if you're outside of those circles you're unlikely to (a) get into the populars in the first place or (b) if you do, stay there for very long. That's not actually criticising anyone, but it's a reality. Consequently I don't really worry about the populars too much, personally. Also, since the number of photos posted each year, and by extension membership and vieweship, seems to be on a perpetual, unstoppable slide, the voting becomes more concentrated than it may have been a decade ago which further amplifies this effect.

powerandbeauty wrote: and also from "recent uploads". At first I thought maybe because it had full nudity in a few shots. Then this week I started posting a new album, only glamour stuff with a little topless which I and many others have been doing similar for years, and it does not show in "recent uploads" either.

Yes it does. Your Recents list shows that your most recent gallery was Emma Jade, posted at 12-Jun-2023 09:31. If I look at the recent galleries with "showing nsfw content" on in the bottom right corner and scroll back to that time code, I can see it. If I change it to "hiding nsfw content", it won't be there. That means that the gallery has been flagged as NSFW, which I imagine that you did (which would be the right thing to do) because....

powerandbeauty wrote:Of course messages to customer suport have been unanswered.

Yeah, no kidding. That's why I'd be surprised if the PBase admins flagged it, since they seem to pretty much ignore all support requests these days unless something accumulates about a week's worth of support tickets and they finally notice. That's why I suspect that they didn't flag your gallery as NSFW, but I could be wrong.

powerandbeauty wrote:Anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this?

The system seems to be working as expected; your galleries ARE still showing up in the Recents (if NSFW is off), and there's no guarantee of being in the Populars.

powerandbeauty wrote:I've been on Pbase for 17 years, seldom have a problem but when there is one it seems we are on our own.

Indeed. I wouldn't mind seeing the admins sell the site to someone who gives a stuff, because they don't seem to any longer as far as I can see. However I have a sneaking suspicion that the plumbing is so archaic that it would be a bold buyer indeed who would take it on.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Customer Service