Board index PBase News forums upgrade

News

forums upgrade

srijith

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:34 am

ISP hosting PBase lost power supply. From what I have heard and read, they are trying to get things back into order.

rsbfotos

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:36 pm

Tuesday 13:00 EST and still not able to load any images. I sure hope things get cleared up by 12pm GMT as that is a deadline for posting to a photo challenge that I would like to submit to. :cry:

sveetzel

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:25 pm

The whole Pbase site is painfully slow lately, for hte past day or so. Is something going on? I hope that this will not continue. Yesterday I could NOT even access my forum of comments. Can somebody shed some light on what's going on here?

wangi

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:06 pm

10k, me too (pana challenge)... but you can also email the entry.

lord_of_the_badgers

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:07 pm

although it's not AS fast as normal, speed is not the issue it was last night, IMO

abwhitt

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:40 pm

snargle wrote:I've been experiencing problems accessing my galleries for the past 24 hours...either extremely slow loading or it just gives up and eventually times out.

Same here. I've a 1024 connection, and it's still incredibly slow, often timing out.

Frank
http://www.pbase.com/abwhitt

radamo

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:57 pm

So far it seems we are all seeing the same slowness but no real answers yet. Power outage yesterday should not affect today. If it did, it must have caused some real damage.
RA

texindian

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:20 pm

Linking to other sites has been down for a couple of days now. Nothing but red X's all over the net.

stevesfotos

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:31 pm

texindian wrote:Linking to other sites has been down for a couple of days now. Nothing but red X's all over the net.

Same problem here. Looks good when linking, but comes up a red X.

gordy

Slooooooowwwwwww

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:21 pm

:( Well.... It's 6:50 PM EST here in the Boston area and the site is still very slow. Feels like a dial up connection :roll:

Several times over the day it was worse.... even timing out like others. Also, a couple of times, I got none of my chosen color backgrounds... just all white.

Anyway.... what's the old saying? "Patience is a virtue!" :wink:

Hang in there!

Gordy in Reading, MA - USA

gordy

Re: Slooooooowwwwwww

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:24 pm

gordy wrote::( Well.... It's 6:50 PM EST here in the Boston area and the site is still very slow. Feels like a dial up connection :roll:

pBase's posting of the time also appears to be off by 30 minutes. It's now 6:54 PM EST

Gordy

shellyva

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:41 pm

I'm new here but has this also affected the style sheets? Most of mine have changed to white - plus like everyone else, not able to load any pics, and VERY slow.

juliano

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:58 pm

I sure hope pbase can fix this asap. I only joined and paid Nov 27 and the problem started right the next day. Very disappointed.

texindian

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:44 pm

Shelly, I had the white style sheet myself earlier today, but it has gone back to normal now. Guest, the problems now are uncharacteristic. I suspect it has something to do with the recent features 'upgrade'. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!) This is the first time I've seen problems persist more than a few hours. I thought for sure that things would get back to normal yesterday, but......

ian6367

Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:01 am

stevesfotos wrote:
texindian wrote:Linking to other sites has been down for a couple of days now. Nothing but red X's all over the net.

Same problem here. Looks good when linking, but comes up a red X.

me too~ :twisted:

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News forums upgrade