forums upgrade

spyeye

Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:13 pm

the same here... missing thumbs and originals in some galleries
I wish they let us know what to do, reupload or wait

harlanjs

still not working right!!

Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:53 am

I am seeing alot of question marks where pics should be in various galleries of mine.
I just tried to post a picture today to Dpreview of a pic that appeared in my gallery and it did not make the link.
What is the story.
When can we expect this to be fixed and can it be fixed.
Harlan Saperstein

all_sports_pics

lot of problems

Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:56 pm

thumbs and pictures missing since yesterday,
I realy intend to change to an other server!!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

juliano

Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:45 pm

The direct links to my images do not work

rotalbar

Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:48 pm

The direct links to my images do not work

ramasan

unFUKINbelievable

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:25 pm

im outta here.

i would expect this level of service from an used car dealer. wait a minute, actually you get BETTER service at an used car dealer.

it borders on bizarre how pbase management cant/doesnt/wont acknowledge their technical problems. is it ineptitude, arrogance, or what?

duane_bolland

Pack 'em up, move 'em out

Post Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:31 am

Okay, I've had enough of this adventure with missing files. I value reliable storage more than new features and right now a good percentage of my photos are missing or corrupted. Any recommendations on alternative posting sites? I've been considering http://www.smugmug.com/.

kent

Re: Pack 'em up, move 'em out

Post Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:43 pm

duane_bolland wrote: Any recommendations on alternative posting sites? I've been considering http://www.smugmug.com/.

For what it's worth, I opened an account with smugmug about a week ago and am very pleased.

natalia

"regenerating thumbs"

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:28 am

10kzoomfz wrote:Thumbnail 'regeneration' doesn't appear to be working. :roll:

I am getting kinda tired of having to regenerate my thumbs every day :cry:

natalia

Re: "regenerating thumbs"

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:13 pm

natalia wrote:I am getting kinda tired of having to regenerate my thumbs every day :cry:

momentary weakness there...sorry:)

ukexpat

Re: "regenerating thumbs"

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:37 pm

natalia wrote:
10kzoomfz wrote:Thumbnail 'regeneration' doesn't appear to be working. :roll:

I am getting kinda tired of having to regenerate my thumbs every day :cry:

Then just wait until the current problems are resolved...

gpolubes

Re: Pack 'em up, move 'em out

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:46 pm

duane_bolland wrote:Okay, I've had enough of this adventure with missing files. I value reliable storage more than new features and right now a good percentage of my photos are missing or corrupted. Any recommendations on alternative posting sites? I've been considering http://www.smugmug.com/.

I never experienced even fraction of the indifference to the frustrating needs of users, as I meet here, on the other host, where I'm posting most of my pictures. It is cheap and reach of features - $25/year/1500 pictures of any possible formats and resolutions.
You can evaluate it. Though I'm not great photographer, I can suggest just for example to visit this page:
http://imageevent.com/gpolubes/photo/fl ... .buffalo_s

Two months I didn't visit PBASE, and nothing changed. The owners of the host have a time to create new whistles and bells and keep aside this real pain with the broken links. They just ignore us. What's irony with their declaration to be the best host. I intend to stop publishing here before the account expiration.

pinemikey

Post Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:29 pm

bye

eddyb

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:54 pm

Any word on when we can expect our problems to be resolved?

I'm not one to bitch be we have all been patiently waiting 3+ months for these problems (direct linking dead, missing thumbs, missing photos) to get resolved. Giving us 2 months free isnt solving the problem, seeing there still is a problem and its March.

If anyone was dealing with their ISP with problems this long they would of dropped them. I dont want to call it quits on pbase because its been there for a long time for me and I'd like to think that I can still stay here. Just cant stand that things are not working for so long.

Ed

marchael

Post Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:58 pm

All along everything has been great, even when others were having troubles with this site. Now, for the last 2 weeks or so I've had problems just about every day. Pages don't load or take forever to load, thumbnails go missing, comments I leave for other people often take 2 or 3 tries, etc. It seems the more things are "fixed" the worse they become. I still think this is a great site, despite the problems, so I'll wait them out...for now.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News forums upgrade