Board index PBase News New Datacenter, Much Faster Servers

News

New Datacenter, Much Faster Servers

richo

Re: New Datacenter, Much Faster Servers

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 pm

dw_thomas wrote:I like the new performance.

But I am seeing that the daily hits display seems to have stopped with 08 February? (I did try clearing cache, just in case.)

DaveT

DaveT,
Try now...my stats are now complete with 8-13 Feb filled in.

richo

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:34 pm

WOW! Talk about FAST!
I just uploaded a 2100x1500 pixel image and it uploaded before I could blink. Granted it was only about 500K, but still that is way faster than before.
I had no problems with updating the titles, and using the bulk update (all in the old editor) to update other fields. I had no problem with editing the descriptions and adding HTML links. I had not problem copying an image to my POD folder and it showed up just fine.

dw_thomas

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:30 pm

richo wrote:WOW! Talk about FAST!
I just uploaded a 2100x1500 pixel image and it uploaded before I could blink. Granted it was only about 500K, but still that is way faster than before.
I had no problems with updating the titles, and using the bulk update (all in the old editor) to update other fields. I had no problem with editing the descriptions and adding HTML links. I had not problem copying an image to my POD folder and it showed up just fine.

Yes, I haven't uploaded anything for a while, but the speed is quite strikingly better. As of sometime in the last 24 hours the hit counts appear to be back to working also.

DaveT

dw_thomas

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Hmmm -- I was going to edit the above post to add "access in general" is faster -- and I'm not seeing a way to edit?! (prolly just my aging eyes .... :shock: )

Ah well; I remember a major software upgrade on another forum where after several days of almost unusable operation, they reverted to the previous software. I'd say PBase has done way better than that!

DaveT

richo

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 pm

dw_thomas wrote:Hmmm -- I was going to edit the above post to add "access in general" is faster -- and I'm not seeing a way to edit?! (prolly just my aging eyes .... :shock: )

Ah well; I remember a major software upgrade on another forum where after several days of almost unusable operation, they reverted to the previous software. I'd say PBase has done way better than that!

DaveT

I think the "edit" permissions are turned off, except for site admins in the News forum section. If I go to any of the other posts in other forum sections I can edit. DaveT, I am thinking you should be given some type of an award for all the questions and support you have given in the past several years when Emily and Chuck were "absent" in the forums while they were busily working behind the scenes. ;)

dw_thomas

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:16 pm

richo wrote:I think the "edit" permissions are turned off, except for site admins in the News forum section. If I go to any of the other posts in other forum sections I can edit. DaveT, I am thinking you should be given some type of an award for all the questions and support you have given in the past several years when Emily and Chuck were "absent" in the forums while they were busily working behind the scenes. ;)

That's probably it (occasionally a 'write only' forum makes sense!)

Thank you richo for the kind words, but I would certainly defer to you for serious behind-the-scenes web related stuff. I do hope this place can turn itself around a bit and I do try to offer what advice I can to stranded users. That's partly altruism and partly the selfish motive of not wanting to rebuild galleries with thousands of images elsewhere! 8)

DaveT

allen_hart

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:19 am

My statistics page is happy again. Thanks. And thanks for all the work you are doing to give us a faster PBase! Looking forward to the other improvements too.

gedumans

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:00 am

Je ne peux toujours pas telecharger les photos dans ma galerie......Merçi pour la réponse

richo

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:44 am

My stats were okay until today and now they have stopped updating since 2/13/2019.

mardoli

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:07 pm

gedumans wrote:Je ne peux toujours pas telecharger les photos dans ma galerie......Merçi pour la réponse

Je crois qu’Emily a cherché de vous répondre. Je copie ici son post pour vous, Mais j’ai bien peur qu’elle ne comprend pas trop le français
14 Feb 2019, 16:23

I believe you are saying that you cannot see any images when you view pages. Can you see the image at the following urls?
A - https://pbase.com/emily/image/23547405/medium
B - https://a4.pbase.com/u36/emily/medium/2 ... 035.21.jpg
C - http://a4.pbase.com/u36/emily/medium/23 ... 035.21.jpg

For your comment issue, are you able to type the words, but they don't show up after you submit the comment? More details about what you are experiencing would be very helpful.

-Emily
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

gedumans

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:19 pm

Merçi
Mon probleme ,,,,c'est que je ne peux pas telecharger mes photos sur ma galerie,elles n'apparaissent pas;;;;;;
Merçi pour la réponse

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:42 pm

gedumans wrote:Merçi
Mon probleme ,,,,c'est que je ne peux pas telecharger mes photos sur ma galerie,elles n'apparaissent pas;;;;;;
Merçi pour la réponse

J'ai corrigé un problème de téléchargement avec l'ancien éditeur qui pouvait vous affecter. Essayez encore et laissez-moi savoir comment ça se passe.
Emily

pmakuch

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:07 pm

hello again, I checked of the box for the images that I would like to be sent to my gallery and when I hint the choose button nothing happens, it's like I lost that option chose, it's a hell faster but less reliable as a friendly web site, so like I say if not broken why fix it. are you guy's going to fix that problem ???? :?:

peter makuch

pmakuch

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:35 pm

picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help logout home
You do not have permission to move images to that gallery. now I'm starting to get pissed off my gallery and I can't post my own images, fix the freaking problem from your end, now on the left is a copy why I can't
post any images :roll:

peter makuch

1heart

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:58 pm

As of today, I am unable to create new sub-galleries within existing galleries, the option is gone when I go to edit galleries. instead, the top part of the edit page is now over-sized.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Datacenter, Much Faster Servers