News

New Mail

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Mail

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Hello Everybody,

We have just put the new mail on the live site after a very long run on beta. It has an upgraded look and various improvements to make it generally easier to use and do what you want.

As always, if you experience any problems, please let us know your operating system and browser, including version numbers.

Enjoy!
Emily and The PBase Team

mardoli

Re: New Mail

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Emily,
Thank you for what you keep on doing to improve PBase. Unfortunately I have a problem with the new PBase mail system. I have not any new message to read, but still in my profile page and in my dashboard there is a message which informs me that I have " – 1 message unread".
Maybe it's just a little bug to fix…
Thanks
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

mardoli

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:34 pm

I cannot delete my former post...
But the message informing me that I had still an unread message disappeared by itself, mysteriously.
So let it be.
Thanks
Marisa
ImageImage
~Oscar Wilde~

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:08 pm

We are checking into this negative number of unread messages issue and will get it resolved.

Thanks,
Emily

pkocinski

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:30 pm

I have a -1 read messages too :-)

mardoli

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:20 am

Well, I think there is really a little problem in the notification of the messages.
The "-1 unread messages waiting" is back, even though I have not any.
When I checked this morning ( for me it's morning) I had three new messages, but the notification said only two, after reading the three of them I got the "-1 unread messages waiting".
Not very reliable notification system so far.
ImageImage
~Oscar Wilde~

laroseforest

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:20 pm

I like the look of the new mail system, easier to use, larger font. But... I keep getting an "internal server" message when I try to reply to any comments. Another glitch, I guess. Hope it can get sorted out soon. Thanks!

danad

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:39 pm

I have the same problem as Mardoli and I cannot reply to the comments I receive.
Danad.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Comment replies should be working nicely now. We are still working on the unread message count.

Thanks,
Emily

kstuebin

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Very clean looking. I like the new look. It works for me too so far.

isabel95

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Using Firefox and Windows 7.

Have notification of 3 new messages, yet I've looked at all of them. Two were from yesterday and one from today.

Isabel

emily wrote:Hello Everybody,

We have just put the new mail on the live site after a very long run on beta. It has an upgraded look and various improvements to make it generally easier to use and do what you want.

As always, if you experience any problems, please let us know your operating system and browser, including version numbers.

Enjoy!
Emily and The PBase Team

isabel95

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:18 am

I should have written "-3" (minus 3) new messages - It just stays there even though the messages were read. I see I'm not the only one with the problem.
Isabel

isabel95 wrote:Using Firefox and Windows 7.

Have notification of 3 new messages, yet I've looked at all of them. Two were from yesterday and one from today.

Isabel

emily wrote:Hello Everybody,

Enjoy!
Emily and The PBase Team

merriwolf

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:31 pm

I like the new Mail look, Emily, but I am also getting the same -3 unread messages error, "You have -3 unread messages waiting." Safari and Firefox both with Max OS X.

amoxtli

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Meanwhile, I have increased to "You have -6 unread messages waiting."
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

Next

Board index PBase News New Mail