Board index PBase News new search engine

News

new search engine

kerrypierce

lens names/descriptions?

Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:20 am

Having just uploaded some new pics, I discovered that I can't add new lenses from the dropdown list. Is that search feature not going to be available with the new search engine?

Thanks

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:14 am

the lack of new lenses in the popup menu is a temporary situation until a better solution is made.
there were 3500 cameras and lenses in those popup menus which made the page painfully slow, and for some browsers the page wouldn't even load.
so those lists were truncated a couple of days ago.

will be setting a special page for managing your cameras and lenses.

for now, you can still just type in the name of the camera or lens if it's not already in your list.

sorry for the inconvenience.
-slug

mcindan

Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:32 pm

I am unable to type in a new Camera Type - I can only use one of two cameras on my personal list. I want to add the Nikonos IV-A and Nikon Action Touch.

..Thanks, Dan

kerrypierce

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:41 am

slug wrote:the lack of new lenses in the popup menu is a temporary situation until a better solution is made.-slug

Okay, thanks for the reply, Slug. The menu is a nice deal. Do you think it will be back relatively soon?

Have you considered extracting the lens info from EXIF? That would be cool too, except that it only shows the focal length, like 80-400 on my d70.

thanks

interaxus

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:25 am

Thanks for the info, slug, I was wondering where they went!

On a related topic, is there any way to remove a lens/camera from my list? Sounds like there might be in the future, but is there a way now?

thanks again

wingspar

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:26 pm

Interesting. I didn't even notice the lens list was gone. However, I would like to know how to remove a lens from my list. I accidentally added a lens I’ve never owned by clicking on the wrong lens that was next to my lens on the list, and would like to remove the lens from my list.

wingspar

Post Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:06 pm

Does anyone know how to remove a lens from their list?

kerrypierce

lens database?

Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:24 pm

Hi Slug,

Any news on the update to the lens database? Is it coming back?

thanks!

Previous

Board index PBase News new search engine