Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:28 am

To claeson
"creating thumbnail"
PBase glitch.

claeson

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:31 am

Yeah, I noticed... I've tried EVERYTHING, appears they just won't let me upload pics on the forum. :x

jyfoto

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:40 am

I just discovered this time lag with the Recent Uploads gallery. I uploaded one photo to one of my galleries at 19:26 and then loaded another photo to another gallery 10 minutes later. Obviously with this new arrangement, that second photo did not appear in the Recent Uploads. So I deleted that file and loaded it again at 20:26. Again after an hour interval it didn't show in the Recent Uploads. I do not partake in the practice of uploading and deleting then re-uploading to stay in the top of the recent lists.

The current delay is somewhat frustrating as I would like my aperiodic posting of photos to show up for others to at least see and perhaps appreciate. We still see the updates from our personal "favorite photographers" list but this time constraint at the Recent Uploads certainly prevents being aware and seeing alot of interesting work that I've come to enjoy from the previous Recent Upload arrangement.

I hope there will be enough user reaction to revert to a more timely Recent Upload timing update.

Ok so I just uploaded a photo at 10:22 21 July and it didn't appear in the Recent Uploads. It should have been in between a photo time tagged at 10:25 and 10:16 21 July. I hadn't posted anything since 20:26 on 20 July. That's just about a 12 hour interval. The photo and gallery are public. What is the the problem here!!

Please explain and tell us you are everting back to the previous Recent Upload arrangement.

kodachrome

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:36 pm

My experience is is similar to jyphoto. My recent upload never appears in the "Recent Uploads" gallery. The image was uploaded almost 12 hours ago. The gallery is public and has never spammed the "Recent Uploads" pages yet it is now "filtered". I am not impressed.

tddunn

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:47 am

This new logic is frustrating. The horse is about dead, and it is getting well beaten, but let's give it another. I uploaded an original, new photo today. It has been my only upload in days. It has not shown up for the past ten to fifteen minutes on the recent page. Now I'm left to wonder, did it take? Did it upload? I've got three months left on my contract. Should I use the time to evaluate other solutions? Please advise.

tddunn

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 am

Last night's update never posted to recent uploads. This morning's update hasn't posted to recent uploads. Meanwhile I see other galleries updated multiple times within the hour showing up on the page. Are you sure you don't have a defect in your code? Thanks for any info that can be provided.

powerandbeauty

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:13 pm

In my opinion the new "gallery's" pages suck. I don't see where the list is available anymore, just thumbs so we can only view 12 at at time rather than 50.

ugot2bkdng

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Talk about a giant leap backwards. I am with Mongo69. The new look sucks for so many reasons.
Chuck

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:21 pm

We found a bug in the old editor that was causing some uploads not to appear in the recent list, but it is now fixed. Let us know if you are still experiencing problems.

Thanks,
Emily

tddunn

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks for checking Emily. I will have some photos later today and will give it a try and let you know if it is better.

powerandbeauty

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:05 pm

I just uploaded a few more photos to a new album....the update does not show on the galleries page (This is the first uploads for me since yesterday) I see it's been like 45 minutes since the galleries page has updated. Looks like theres still a bug or two in there....

mardoli

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:22 pm

It’s very funny….Since the new version of the recently uploaded galleries was modified I had not had any problem; my galleries appeared in the page as soon as I updated them.
But today mysteriously nothing appears anymore. I post a photo in a gallery, but it remains invisible, not only my gallery is not in the recently updated page, but it doesn’t appear in my own “recent” page and the photo is not visible anywhere either….
So you are not alone…
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

mardoli

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Oh, it’s really funny, it’s like if I had been totally banished…I can upload in every gallery, but my photos and the relative gallery don’t appear anywhere anymore, I have made all possible attempts, then I have deleted my most recently uploaded picture. I’ll wait and see. I suppose Emily & Co. are trying to fix things and at the same time something got wrong in another place.
It’s useless to get angry. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this situation.
Let’s take it easy!
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

ac

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Continued problems but selective this time..!
Still waiting for responses to my questions some days ago :
What is a normal way to use the site ? What is monopolize ?
How many minutes must I wait before posting a new photo ?
How many hours maybe ?
Unclear.

I have had one photo this day in the "recent uploads" page.
Don't try to "fix" things that run ! :twisted:

helenpb

Problem with recent uploads

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm having a serious problem with my recent uploads. They don't show up as being recent either on my own "Recent" page or for people who have me as a favorite, although they do appear in the gallery itself. The last image of mine that appears as recent was posted six hours ago, and I've uploaded several since then. Likewise, Pbase friends who have uploaded recent images don't appear to have uploaded anything for hours on my own favorites page. I've heard from several people who are experiencing the same thing. On my favorites page, it looks like nobody has posted any photos for hours, but they definitely have. This happened before right after the updates were made but resolved itself quickly. This has now been going on for at least a few hours.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD