Board index PBase News Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

News

Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

piet01

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:19 pm

mccartney wrote:
ac wrote:Emily,
I haven't seen any user accepting the limits. Not one.
Even your client who started the problem doesn't like your solution.
Why do you stay on your position ?
Is there something we don't know ?
You don't like us ?

Agrred - this is still unacceptable. Emily, can't we please just put it back the way it was originally? Or is this whole exercise just a ruse to help increase bandwidth?

Agree!
Obviously the "solution" is more important than the problem.

fishit

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:44 am

emily wrote:somebody is uploading a batch of new images all spaced out by a few minutes, they won't constantly be bumped to the top of the list.

Has that been the main issue?
I know I upload of late 4-5 at a time, I thought only one would show, getting in the gallery was not the purpose.
Is there a way to throttle or spool the entries if people "uploading a batch of new images all spaced out by a few minutes" to say 10-20 minute increments?
Either way you go Emily I am okay with it, showing in the gallery has not been a high priority, but others seem to feel other wise.
I hope some how it all comes to a happy civil solution for everyone.

ac

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:15 pm

No response again Emily.
You shouldn't believe we could forget !
We are not stupid.

pajarrett

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:18 am

I don't think the solution to your supposed problem is working. Everytime I check the galleries pages I seem to run across the same gallery of marginal fasion show photos. Now maybe I am just lucky, or someone has found a way around your limits. :shock:

mejaz

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:06 am

The cursor keys for navigating between previous/next image stopped working. They worked fine on my Windows 7 64-bit Home Ed and Chrome browser. I also tested it in IE9 and they don't work in it either. Tried other galleries (by other people) and its the same?

mejaz

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:38 pm

mejaz wrote:The cursor keys for navigating between previous/next image stopped working. They worked fine on my Windows 7 64-bit Home Ed and Chrome browser. I also tested it in IE9 and they don't work in it either. Tried other galleries (by other people) and its the same?

It started working today.

galleryhost

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:36 pm

emily wrote:Hey Guys,

If you have set your account to allow NSFW content, NSFW flagged galleries will appear in the recent uploads for you.

Thanks,
Emily

Does this mean that older pbase accounts previously blocked/restricted from public galleries/recently updated galleries/PAD etc. for content or other reasons will now reappear to pbase users who have their accounts set to allow NSFW content or does this apply to only relatively new accounts and older restricted accounts will still be essentially lost to the pbase community at large?

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:31 pm

galleryhost wrote:
emily wrote:Hey Guys,

If you have set your account to allow NSFW content, NSFW flagged galleries will appear in the recent uploads for you.

Thanks,
Emily

Does this mean that older pbase accounts previously blocked/restricted from public galleries/recently updated galleries/PAD etc. for content or other reasons will now reappear to pbase users who have their accounts set to allow NSFW content or does this apply to only relatively new accounts and older restricted accounts will still be essentially lost to the pbase community at large?

This applies to older flagged content as well.
Emily

helenpb

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:37 pm

What in the world is going on there?? Pbase has been responding quite slowly all afternoon, after which it seemed to have completely crashed, several times over. It sometimes works now and sometimes doesn't, but all my galleries are white, my two most recent uploads don't show up on my recent page (so I'm sure not on anybody else's) and at least one of my posted images lost all the tech info and was made invisible to the public.

Please get this fixed, Pbase, and soon.

helenpb

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:49 pm

I've noticed recently that Pbase is responding incredibly slowly, like it takes quite a long time to even load pages, and a Pbase friend yesterday complained that it was taking a very long time to upload an image. (I was in transit so wasn't trying to upload anything myself at that time.) But the growing slowness notwithstanding, now I'm back to a previous problem in that my most recently added to gallery doesn't show up on my own recents page, nor does the gallery appear on the Recent Uploads page. I would also bet that it doesn't show up on any of my Pbase friends' favorites page, either. Could we get this fixed again, please?

Thanks.

PS I wasn't able to post this to the forum without several tries, either. It said I was logged out (after like two minutes?) and that I was being logged in again, but still it wouldn't post the message. If it appears multiple times (well, if at all) I apologize in advance.

ac

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:24 pm

This idea interferes seriously with my workflow.
Your motivation is, IMO, only to reduce your bandwidth.
Why don't you tell it frankly ?

ac

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:55 am

In the end Emily, what are the rules ?
I suppose that your clients may know the rules of your game !

ac

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:44 am

About rules and T.O.S. on PBase, read here :
http://www.pbase.com/ac/image/147111676

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:53 pm

If you have a paid account and upload a new, public image to a public gallery, that gallery will be added to the recent uploads list unless it was already added to the list within the last hour.

A few people have abused the recent uploads pages by systematically bumping their galleries many times per day. When we see this, we will put much stricter limits on how often their galleries may appear or we may block them altogether from the recent uploads page. We will not confuse legitimate reuploading and editing with abuse. The people who are abusing the system are very easy to identify. If you are not constantly bumping your galleries up the list, you have nothing to worry about.

I hope this helps clear up any remaining confusion.
Emily

Previous

Board index PBase News Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD