Hardware Upgrades June 30th

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hardware Upgrades June 30th

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Hardware Upgrades
Saturday, June 30th 10pm - 3am EST

Our ISP will be upgrading some switches and routers on Saturday, June 30th at 10pm until Sunday, July 1st at 3am (EST). At some point during this window, PBase will experience roughly 30 minutes of downtime. Once the upgrade is complete, everything will be running just as it was before.

Thank you.
The PBase Team

merriwolf

Re: Hardware Upgrades June 30th

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Thanks for the alert. Hope all goes well.

Gordon W

1designguy

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:53 am

Very nice. Thank you Emily.

shenriksen

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi, since this upgrade most of my photos look pixely, and only in certain areas on them... the face area mostly. I just wondered what can be done to rectify this as I do not have the time to try re-uploading every shot?

Thanks,

Shannon

PS these are shots I have personally viewed many times.... this is how I can see the difference now ....

shenriksen

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:48 pm

mostly notibly, but also....
(pixels around tattoo)
(lost clarity)

and too many others to post.... please help as I have a client looking at my work tonight :-/

shenriksen

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:17 pm

...again, this has gone from being a high quality jpeg with fine, normal lines to looking like a low quailty copy, with pixelation notably round the head and overall loss of clarity in the image.

shenriksen

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Would it be better to write to admin? I've got no response on here.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:29 pm

shenriksen wrote:Hi, since this upgrade most of my photos look pixely, and only in certain areas on them... the face area mostly. I just wondered what can be done to rectify this as I do not have the time to try re-uploading every shot?

Thanks,

Shannon

PS these are shots I have personally viewed many times.... this is how I can see the difference now ....

Hi Shannon,

The upgrade was just some new routers and switches. They would have no effect on your image quality. Has anything else changed about the way you view images? Different browser? Browser upgrade? What browser are you using? Have you tried a different one to see if it makes any difference?

Thanks,
Emily

shenriksen

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi Emily, I've only just checked back on this thread sorry but in the meantime... whatever caused the loss of quality (which I thought might be the upgrade only because of the timing) has corrected itself :-D I really dont know what happened and that's the only time in 7 years I've had any problem with image quality on here. Anyway, it's all ok now :-)
Best,

Shannon

Board index PBase News Hardware Upgrades June 30th