News

New Mail on Beta

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Mail on Beta

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi Everybody,

We've got a new version of PMail up at http://beta.pbase.com/mail We have updated the look of the PMail page as well as making various speed improvements.

New features include:
- Conversation view
- Searching for conversations with a specific person
- Sending mails to all members of a usergroup (this feature is available for paid accounts only)

We have tested in many different browsers on different operating systems. If you have any problems, please be sure to let us know what browser (including version number) and operating system you are using.

Thanks,
Emily

dct

Re: New Mail on Beta

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:48 pm

The Mail Beta shows always "PM: 1 unread" but I have only 2 read mails in my inbox.
If I mark my two inbox mails as unread, then the count goes to "PM: 3 unread". It seems to be a hidden ghost mail or the unread counter is always +1?

Using Win XP SP3 + Firefox 5

arjunrc

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:32 am

In my case, I have "minus 2" unread emails. I have none.
--
I don't check forums very often these days, so if you need to get a response from me, please send me an email (see my profile) and NOT a PM.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:50 pm

We will get those numbers fixed and whatever caused them to be wrong fixed as well.

-Emily

merriwolf

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Much improved look, Emily. Like it. Is there an option to make it one's default?

Gordon

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:38 pm

We'll just keep it on beta for a bit and make sure nobody is having any problems with it. Then, we'll make this new version the only version available.

-Emily

dct

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:07 pm

emily wrote:We'll just keep it on beta for a bit and make sure nobody is having any problems with it. Then, we'll make this new version the only version available.

-Emily

I'm still having the wrong count for unread mails...

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:28 pm

We found a bug that was making those unread mail counts get off sometimes. We'll be monitoring accounts to check for inaccuracies, but do let us know if you notice it again.

Thanks,
Emily

isabel95

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:03 pm

I definitely have noticed the speed improvement. It's significant!

So nice to send a response to a comment and not have to wait forever for it to complete the send process.

I've also noticed improved speed in picture upload.

Thank you!

emily wrote:Hi Everybody,

We've got a new version of PMail up at http://beta.pbase.com/mail We have updated the look of the PMail page as well as making various speed improvements.

New features include:
- Conversation view
- Searching for conversations with a specific person
- Sending mails to all members of a usergroup (this feature is available for paid accounts only)

We have tested in many different browsers on different operating systems. If you have any problems, please be sure to let us know what browser (including version number) and operating system you are using.

Thanks,
Emily

isabel95

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:44 pm

For months now I can't get rid of 2 unread emails (which I don't have) notification under Comment Management. I wish I could figure out how to get rid of them.

emily wrote:We found a bug that was making those unread mail counts get off sometimes. We'll be monitoring accounts to check for inaccuracies, but do let us know if you notice it again.

Thanks,
Emily

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi Isabel,

You actually do have 2 unread PMails from 31-Jan-2011. The sender's account has been deleted. So, they don't show up in the mailbox on www, but if you go to beta.pbase.com/mail and go to mails from 31-Jan-2011, you will see the two mails.

Emily

isabel95

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Thank you, Emily.

I was surprised that it was so easy to get back to January 31!

Wish there were a way to mass delete mail, since I haven't routinely been deleting and my mail should be cleared out.

Isabel

emily wrote:Hi Isabel,

You actually do have 2 unread PMails from 31-Jan-2011. The sender's account has been deleted. So, they don't show up in the mailbox on www, but if you go to beta.pbase.com/mail and go to mails from 31-Jan-2011, you will see the two mails.

Emily

tvw

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:51 pm

What happened to the new mail system?
Suddenly it's gone... Please make it available again!
Thanks.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Beta mail is back up. Let us know if you have any problems, comments, or requests.

Thanks,
Emily

ac

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Emily

"- Sending mails to all members of a usergroup (this feature is available for paid accounts only)"
In other words, that means :
"spamming made possible and organized by PBase"

Spammers will go immediately right to my blacklist.

ac

Board index PBase News New Mail on Beta