Board index PBase News Dashboard and Comment Management

News

Dashboard and Comment Management

vincebelford

Re: Dashboard and Comment Management

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:10 pm

Not sure I'm getting it. It seems redundant to have a "dashboard" and a profile page. Just more clicking and confusion for not much gain.

kjk_photos

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:40 pm

looks good! I like it, very slick.

emmelafoto

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:54 pm

I haven't made my mind up about this "dashboard" yet. It certainly will take some time to get used to it.
And I do hope we get the change to customized to our own likings (colourscheme and so).
But what I don't like is that my profilepage has changed too. I had it customized in the same style as my rootpage. It doesn't come near now.
What has happened?

Maaike

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:57 pm

We are moving toward making your outgoing profile (the profile that visitors see) more customizable, as in templates and stylesheets. So, the dashboard is meant to be for you (not visitors). It is meant to give you a quick glance to see if there is any news, if you have recent comments, if your favorite photographers have uploaded anything. It also lets you jump from the dashboard right to management pages, like account settings, comment management, pmails, etc.

We are reading through the requests you have made for modifications and are working on some customization and style changes for you. We should have these changes up soon.

Thanks,
Emily

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:58 pm

emmelafoto wrote:I haven't made my mind up about this "dashboard" yet. It certainly will take some time to get used to it.
And I do hope we get the change to customized to our own likings (colourscheme and so).
But what I don't like is that my profilepage has changed too. I had it customized in the same style as my rootpage. It doesn't come near now.
What has happened?

Maaike

Your profile page should not have changed. Can you give us some details about what is different?
-Emily

danlebon

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:57 pm

hello, i dont like it, beaucause the color of the police is too grey. i can't see corerctly and I prefer the blak police...thanks
Danlebon

trinko

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Yeah though in my case it's the kids I'm concerned about. I don't want them wandering by and thinking daddy is looking at dirty pictures.

If we're forced to use the page as is I'd have to seriously consider moving all my efforts to another service.

akmc_in_au wrote:
trinko wrote:I'd like to be able to edit Dashboard. The PBase favorites for example showed a nude woman, hardly something I want to have pop up without warning.

Actually I have that issue with a couple of my favourites too; they don't actually do nude shots (they don't even always do people shots) but come close on occasion. Just to be on the safe side I created a secondary favourites group for them which means that they don't appear unless I switch over to that group. That way there's no chance of someone peeking over my shoulder when I'm browsing PBase wirelessly at a cafe and getting the wrong idea about my viewing interests. :lol:

lwh

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:50 pm

I hate this "Dashboard and Comment Management".
Pbase- remove this from my logon NOW.

I did not ask for this and I do not want it.

Lewis

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Hey Everybody,

There is now a "settings" link by the dashboard link on the left-side navigation. On the Dashboard Settings page, you can specify how many comments you want to see, which of your usergroups you want listed, and whether or not you want to see recent PAD uploads.

Some of you, who had no **favorites, family, or friends usergroup saw a listing for PBase favorites. This was intended for brand new accounts who haven't set any favorites yet. You will not see that listing anymore.

We also made some small style changes:
- Comment text is now darker.
- Commenter links that you have visited will turn gray.
- The comments page was differentiating galleries from images using your account setting for the gallery delimiter, but since some people have it set to blank, the difference was not clear. Now, galleries will always be listed as ::Title:: on the comment management page so the difference is clear.

Enjoy!
-Emily

mardoli

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:09 pm

emily wrote:Hey Everybody,

There is now a "settings" link by the dashboard link on the left-side navigation. On the Dashboard Settings page, you can specify how many comments you want to see, which of your usergroups you want listed, and whether or not you want to see recent PAD uploads.

Some of you, who had no **favorites, family, or friends usergroup saw a listing for PBase favorites. This was intended for brand new accounts who haven't set any favorites yet. You will not see that listing anymore.

We also made some small style changes:
- Comment text is now darker.
- Commenter links that you have visited will turn gray.
- The comments page was differentiating galleries from images using your account setting for the gallery delimiter, but since some people have it set to blank, the difference was not clear. Now, galleries will always be listed as ::Title:: on the comment management page so the difference is clear.

Enjoy!
-Emily

The dashboard is a little less unpleasant now, thank you Emily, I think we all appreciate your prompt reaction, your good intentions and your answers.
But I’d like that also the little icons/pictures which show the profile page image of each photographer could disappear; they are too small to be of interest and they are definitely very disturbing, being superposed on the thumbnails of the commented photo.
Thank you for all what you try to do in all cases
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

edkowalski

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Sorry, I don't like the new Comments record page.
First of all, the thumbnail pics cover and obscure obscure much of the comment text.
Second of all, I don't know whether the comments are attached to an individual image, or to the entore Gallery.
And third, I accidentally clicked on a control which made one of the comments "Private" rather than for-all-to-see.... and now, I can't find a way to undo my action!
Thanks, edmund j. kowalski

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:13 pm

edkowalski wrote:Sorry, I don't like the new Comments record page.
First of all, the thumbnail pics cover and obscure obscure much of the comment text.
Second of all, I don't know whether the comments are attached to an individual image, or to the entore Gallery.
And third, I accidentally clicked on a control which made one of the comments "Private" rather than for-all-to-see.... and now, I can't find a way to undo my action!
Thanks, edmund j. kowalski

The thumbnails should not be covering any text. Please let us know what OS and browser (including version) you are using so we can investigate.

Image titles are listed as Title . Gallery titles are listed as ::Title:: .

There is no way for you to make a comment Private or non-Private. That is done by the commenter at the time of leaving the comment. You can make comments public/non-public, and it can be easily switched again at any time.

I hope this helps.
-Emily

rsbfotos

Re: Dashboard OFF

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Emily

As you say "the dashboard is meant to be for you (not visitors). "

I really have no use for it, don't like it, don't see a need for it.

No need to go into details already voiced.

Can we have a setting to "Turn the Dashboard OFF" ???? P-L-E-A-S-E !
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

acepilot7

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:09 pm

Frankly, I liked the older version more...

bill81

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Wasting a lot of space in comment management and doesn't look good. Go back to the old format and put a drop down menu in the tool bar for the links.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News Dashboard and Comment Management