Dashboard and Comment Management

candanceski

Re: Dashboard and Comment Management

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:35 am

Very efficient! I like it, thank you!

titawheeler

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:32 am

john_cooper wrote:I dont like the new system at all.
Do I have a choice ?.
Can I go back to how it was ?.

That's my question too since I don't like the new system at all either!
Do we have a choice?
Can we go back to how it was?

leelafont

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:22 am

To John Cooper and titawheeler; No you don't have a choise. Do you truly think you would? This is something Pbase thought up all by themselves; they developed it all by them selves; they didn't ask your opinion then, and they gave it to you when they considered it finished. If you really think you have a choise......

kstuebin

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:18 am

leelafont wrote:To John Cooper and titawheeler; No you don't have a choise. Do you truly think you would? This is something Pbase thought up all by themselves; they developed it all by them selves; they didn't ask your opinion then, and they gave it to you when they considered it finished. If you really think you have a choise......

That's not necessarily true. We have a choice between the drag and drop editing and the old editing.

Despite how we feel about the dashboard, I think we should applaud Pbase for implementing it without a glitch to the functioning of the site. Not any I noticed.

mikelong

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:03 am

Like it or not it's progress - pbase is officially doing something

oochappan

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Lot's of reactions
like throwing many out of their bed
from demolishing to exaltation
with in between lots of suggestion
pity
developers went to sleep again
or on holiday celebrating their new born
lucky indeed
no impact on our regular presentation
(still had to update CSS without change to get it back)

my conclusion
3à4 not useful to me
home is not dashboard, quite imposive
better to include dashboard as link in top bar
less harassing for those who don't use

lwh

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Please remove this from my website NOW#.

heez10

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:59 pm

john_cooper wrote:I dont like the new system at all.
Do I have a choice ?.
Can I go back to how it was ?.

I'm with John!!!

hgharib

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:21 pm

This is one of the MOST ANNOYING feature ever let loose here. Absolute kak and half-cooked rubbish.

(1) All the bars etc are overwhelming and distract from the actual content - comments.

(2) It is so hard to actually click on eye; so much time is wasted.

(3) On the old settings, I was able to moderate a full page of comments in a few seconds. On this new setting, it takes me 10 times longer.

Please please put the old setting back.

waggonerphotos

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:43 am

With a little forethought it should not be too hard to foresee that the new dashboard is designed to integrate
with the new edit page, which for some reason is still in Beta Testing and with the totally new PROFILE
PAGE yet to come! Emily wrote about the dashboard
This is the first step in turning the profile page
into the page where you tell visitors who you are and can better customize the layout and style to match your galleries.

Speaking for myself I have already customized my profile page and do not desire Emily or anyone else redoing it for me.
The edit page did introduce new functionality, the dashboard merely replicates those profile page items that are going to be
removed from the current profile page when it is replaced. Just read what Emily wrote!!
There seems to be a push under way to make us more compatible with all the social networking sites and the mobile apps
that keep coming out, one in competition with the other. For one I have no interest in posting my work on Facebook, MySpace.
Twitter or any of the others. If Pbase wishes to go in that direction why not create another site rather than dragging us along!
Bob Waggoner
Photographs comprise the communal memory of our times. (Unknown)

leelafont

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:35 am

Alfred Montapert once said, "Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress".

ac

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:15 am

LOL Lee, can't agree more !

mardoli

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:44 am

waggonerphotos wrote:With a little forethought it should not be too hard to foresee that the new dashboard is designed to integrate
with the new edit page, which for some reason is still in Beta Testing and with the totally new PROFILE
PAGE yet to come! Emily wrote about the dashboard
This is the first step in turning the profile page
into the page where you tell visitors who you are and can better customize the layout and style to match your galleries.

Speaking for myself I have already customized my profile page and do not desire Emily or anyone else redoing it for me.
The edit page did introduce new functionality, the dashboard merely replicates those profile page items that are going to be
removed from the current profile page when it is replaced. Just read what Emily wrote!!
There seems to be a push under way to make us more compatible with all the social networking sites and the mobile apps
that keep coming out, one in competition with the other. For one I have no interest in posting my work on Facebook, MySpace.
Twitter or any of the others. If Pbase wishes to go in that direction why not create another site rather than dragging us along!

I totally agree with Bob!
Besides that, I’m aware, as others have explained and the explanation was not really necessary, that I’m the only one who can see the dashboard, while the visitors can see only my profile style as it has always be, but this is not the point.
I don’t want to see something which deeply disturbs my personal sense of aesthetic and it’s useless for me, it doesn’t matter that visitors don’t see, I do.
Even thought it’s “for my eyes only” - paraphrasing James Bond – I’d be happier to see what I like, not what disturbs me.
For example I really don’t see the reason for changing the button by each comment, adding that longer and useless sentence “make non-public” which is redundant and not nice to see, while the former shorter “Hide” was perfectly suitable.
There is a certain logic, at the limit, in changing the general and public layout of PBase, if they really want to do that, but changing our private little space without warning and without giving us any option of choice is a bit more disturbing, mostly if it’s justified by saying “ But visitors cannot see it, only you...”
Oh well, there are more serious matters in every day real life, nevertheless...
I wish a pleasant weekend to all of you.
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

franco

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Love it!

wabarletta

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:40 pm

Let me make another observation, aesthetics aside. The PBase servers can be pretty slow. Adding an intermediary Dashboard with NO new functionality adds addition once additional call to the server per task. This can only serve to slow service, But then a service improvement never seemed to be the rationale.

Please give those that want the profile page as home the choice to make it our home screen.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News Dashboard and Comment Management