Board index PBase News Dashboard and Comment Management

News

Dashboard and Comment Management

mikelong

Re: Dashboard and Comment Management

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:46 pm

"I don’t want to see something which deeply disturbs my personal sense of aesthetic..."

OMG that's hilarious - thanks for posting!

mardoli

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:42 pm

mikelong wrote:"I don’t want to see something which deeply disturbs my personal sense of aesthetic..."

OMG that's hilarious - thanks for posting!

I'm delighted to amuse you, actually, as you have surely understood I meant to be ironical... Well I suppose you have
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

mikelong

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Absolutely, and I love your sense of humor. Wonderful photography, too.

mardoli

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:08 pm

mikelong wrote:Absolutely, and I love your sense of humor. Wonderful photography, too.

I like you irony too...;^))
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

fred_gary

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Looks good I like it, very usable.

marek

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:14 am

hgharib wrote:This is one of the MOST ANNOYING feature ever let loose here. Absolute kak and half-cooked rubbish.

(1) All the bars etc are overwhelming and distract from the actual content - comments.

(2) It is so hard to actually click on eye; so much time is wasted.

(3) On the old settings, I was able to moderate a full page of comments in a few seconds. On this new setting, it takes me 10 times longer.

Please please put the old setting back.

Really waste. I do not see any progress here. Crappy mess .

venicepix

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:10 am

Heeeeeeeelp!!!!!
Looking at my galleries tonight it seems that you have changed the Hide/Show/Delete properties on many of them. Comments that I had hidden are now viewable and many that I made myself have become hidden. This is HUGE HUGE HUGE problem for me as some of the comments were previously hidden comments were insulting to my visitors. I have 172 pages of comments. I am going to have to go through each and every comment to fix this with no assurance that you won't change this again. If you fix this please message me about it because I am starting on this chore right now and I'll be working all night!

firstlightimaging

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:11 am

I want to see the date of the most recent message and comment, as I could with the old system.

mikelong

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:27 am

Regarding 'Comment Management' - is there still no way to delete ALL 850 comments on my galleries other than one by one?
Can't you implement a simple "Select All" tick box as you've done for 'Messages'?

kstuebin

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:59 am

Since the new dashboard is not going anywhere and our profile page is going to be updated too, maybe we should list what we like and what we don't or how we think it could be improved for the Pbase coders.

I don't like:

The side bar because it is just this white space with black text.
The big blue bar with the person's name and icon in the comments section.

What I do like:

When going through the comments the number of the page you're on becomes larger so you can see where you are.
That there is a definition between commenter and comment.

What can be improved:

The side bar needs a lot of work. It needs some kind of contrasting color or something between sections and the link text needs to stand out more too. I miss seeing Pmails because they are hidden in the black links. If you have one, it should somehow be apparent right away by being bolded or a different color or something. And all the links should be identifiable as links.

I think the big blue bar could be made a different color. I realize it has to span the width of the column to allow the comment to show and it's the official Pbase color but it's not attractive (to me) like it is now.

There's a lot of white space which I'm not sure I like or not. The way the page is laid out now, I don't like it. But I think it can work.

I think I can live with the little icons for hide, show, etc.

A lot of work went into this. It seems the majority of people don't like it so far. I've noticed that after using it for a few days, it is not as bad as I first thought.Since our profile pages which the public sees are going to updated, we NEED to communicate with Pbase right now on what they are doing that is NOT working for us because if it doesn't work for us, it will never work for a visitor.

claeson

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Can You fix so that the PMreply icon changes to another colour, when You've replied to a comment? Green would be great. :mrgreen:

soulis

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:29 pm

I love it! I especially like the appearance of the 4 most recent PAD images.
Thank you guys!

soulis

bobfloyd

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:44 pm

While true that there are other concerns with Pbase that I wish would have been addressed first, I think some of you need to go back and relearn your manners. Just because this is the internet and you don't have to utter your tripe face to face with the person you are abusing doesn't make it OK to do it.

If you aren't happy, that is fine. You have the right to express that fact but please do so with some curtsy.

To the Pbase staff, thanks for the continuing efforts to improve the site.

liaburgess

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:56 pm

I don't like the new system either...it doesn't make it easier to get where you need to go...

The old way, I could just click on one link and find what I was looking for...the new way, I have to click on everything before I find what I'm looking for.

mccartney

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:27 am

bobfloyd wrote:While true that there are other concerns with Pbase that I wish would have been addressed first, I think some of you need to go back and relearn your manners. Just because this is the internet and you don't have to utter your tripe face to face with the person you are abusing doesn't make it OK to do it.

If you aren't happy, that is fine. You have the right to express that fact but please do so with some curtsy.

To the Pbase staff, thanks for the continuing efforts to improve the site.

I agree Bob, well said.
Barry McCartney Photography - http://www.pbase.com/mccartney

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News Dashboard and Comment Management