Board index PBase News Dashboard and Comment Management

News

Dashboard and Comment Management

troletti

Re: Dashboard and Comment Management

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:33 am

If it's not broken don't fix it. This was a total waste of time and energy to fix something that wasn't broken. There's plenty of real issues with PBase that need some back end revamping and stability in up time. Minor esthetic changes that waste user time and energy are really not welcome as an added value.

I really would appreciate having less down time than a new look to my comments and added steps to get to my profile.

How about mobile friendly pages?

ckoi7lumiere

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:41 am

Sigh....
I can see the "good intentions" of you guys to "try" to keep us up to date in the cyber world
but frankly, THAT is not what we need... I do not like those changes.
I can appreciate your efforts and your good will but...i don't like this.
Thank You for trying to improve but, i thin that change was not a priority.

Cordially,
claudia

fishit

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:52 am

I like it, one idea is to put Dashboard in upper left menu of profile page.
Change looks professional and up to date, a little warning may have helped ...

davidandjohn

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:15 am

Grey characters against a white background is way cool and the height of fashion, but it really is easier to read black ones......

zulakitten

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:17 am

Speaking for myself - having just found this "new" format - I do not like it at all! It takes me a long time - in other words, its not familiar - to get where I want to be, i.e. my profile page - so that I can access my galleries some of which I am in - or was, before this interruption - in the process of creating. As someone else asked - do I have a choice, and can I go back to the "old way" - please?

Yes, I agree too with the person who said it was catering to this "instant gratification" thing - i.e Twitter and so on - of geting to something quickly and briefly - too superficial for MY taste.
It is late and I am tired - I had opened up pbase thinking I would add a bit more to the gallery currently under construction, and I find this - which seems like an invasion of my comfortable way to doing things. To coin a phrase - "if it ain't broke - don't fix it!"

Yours in dsiappointment - Zulakitten

gnmimiller

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:19 am

I'm not a big fan of change....it did throw me a bit.

agripix

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:47 am

Ugly design. Twitter-ish. Slow. Awkward. Superficial. So it should be a hit with the instant gratification crowd.

Until now, I've enjoyed PBase. This new style assaults my senses. Ho Hum. Time to move on, I guess.

smith_xt

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:58 am

How bout the ability to edit our messages? I asked about this 2 years ago and was told that it shouldn't be too hard to implement but still we aren't able to. Sometimes we might misspell or type something wrong and having this option would be a convenient way of correcting it.

heinsite

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:15 am

I don't find this new Dashboard adds anything that we didn't already have nor is it more useful than the old Profile page. In fact, the additions that have been added (ex. new photos from people I don't know or regularly monitor), are distracting and a waste of space. What I need is already on my Profile page, and will therefore remain as my "default" homepage for PBase. Honestly, if PBase really wants to improve the interface I would suggest working on allowing some of the things mentioned in prior comments... things like allowing edits of comments, searching and sorting thru comments, or improvements or additions to CSS. And of course, improving speeds. It often doesn't make any difference whether a user is on a dial up or T1 line... PBase will crawl. *That's* what needs work... not cosmetic Dashboard pages.

heinsite

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:19 am

I'll add one more note: The "new" Dashboard mis-identified my browser as MS IE7 and recommended I upgrade. I use MS IE8 on Windows XP SP3... and it works and displays everything on PBase perfectly.

mardoli

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:38 am

emily wrote: This is the first step in turning the profile page into the page where you tell visitors who you are.

This sentence in the kind Emily’s message is a bit worrying for me…
It sound like a promise ( or a menace) to change drastically also our profile page in future to transform it in a standard and compulsory one with the same features and appearance of the present dashboard.
Many people, like me, have worked on their profile page to personalize its appearance and layout and we seem to be all happy with this possibility and with the results we have achieved.
I –like others – have passed over the little knowledge necessary to do it and many PBase members have enjoyed to be able to have a profile page basically sober but with the colours and the fonts of their liking.
Please, Emily, leave at least our profile page the way it is!
Thanks
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

akmc_in_au

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:01 am

mardoli wrote:
emily wrote: This is the first step in turning the profile page into the page where you tell visitors who you are.

This sentence in the kind Emily’s message is a bit worrying for me…
It sound like a promise ( or a menace) to change drastically also our profile page in future to transform it in a standard and compulsory one with the same features and appearance of the present dashboard.

Somehow I'd missed that bit of the message, or at least the potential implications of it. It does sound a bit Facebook-ish. I agree completely that it shouldn't be the first step to a uniform profile page. (And I'm not sure that I understand the "tell visitors who you are" bit; doesn't the combination of profile photo and message already do that, to the extent that you want to do that?)

It would also be the antithesis of what many people have been asking for, which is easier ways to customise their home page. The dashboard, being completely un-customisable (at the moment at least) doesn't seem to be a step toward that.

I'd definitely second Marisa's request that any changes not restrict us from changing our profile page. (Or at least for those of us who have found the time to go the CSS route which I haven't yet.)

trinko

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:14 am

I'd like to be able to edit Dashboard. The PBase favorites for example showed a nude woman, hardly something I want to have pop up without warning. Similarly the Pad shots are not of interest. So if you let us remove those two things then it'll be ok. Otherwise not really that wonderful. The concept is good but the current instantiation is suboptimal.

leelafont

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:25 am

Simply put...it sucks!!! Lee

akmc_in_au

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:43 am

trinko wrote:I'd like to be able to edit Dashboard. The PBase favorites for example showed a nude woman, hardly something I want to have pop up without warning.

Actually I have that issue with a couple of my favourites too; they don't actually do nude shots (they don't even always do people shots) but come close on occasion. Just to be on the safe side I created a secondary favourites group for them which means that they don't appear unless I switch over to that group. That way there's no chance of someone peeking over my shoulder when I'm browsing PBase wirelessly at a cafe and getting the wrong idea about my viewing interests. :lol:

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News Dashboard and Comment Management