Board index PBase News New Edit Page

News

New Edit Page

merriwolf

Re: Missing feature in Image Edit! Re: New Edit Page

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:34 pm

goislands wrote:I just noticed that the new Image-Edit does not have the "Upload an image to replace the current image for this image_id." option!
Could you please preserve this important feature?

I second that. Very important feature, as is the 'Destination Gallery' feature which also appears to be MIA, unless I'm overlooking it.

I regularly use both of these features.

Gordon W

photog88

Re: New Edit Page

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi,

This New Edit Page works for me. It is going to be easier in the future for me to upload or change photos. Well done. Thanks.

Ambrose chan

mccartney

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:22 pm

This may have been already mentioned, but would it be possible to have the tree listings on the new edit page sorted automatically in alpabetical ascending order?
That would be helpful. The tree list for my galleries appears to be only partially alphabetically sorted.

Thanks
Barry
Barry McCartney Photography - http://www.pbase.com/mccartney

mccartney

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:32 pm

mccartney wrote:This may have been already mentioned, but would it be possible to have the tree listings on the new edit page sorted automatically in alpabetical ascending order?
That would be helpful. The tree list for my galleries appears to be only partially alphabetically sorted.

Thanks
Barry

Sorry - never mind, I just figured it out - the galleries are sorted by "Title" and not by "Gallery Name", which may or may not be the same, depending on how we designate them.

Barry

jamato8

Excellent. . .

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:05 am

I just noticed this. Very easy to navigate and edit. Thank you!!

alexhowen

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:43 am

Great improvement thank you. I have not found any bugs yet however still looking!

floradoragirl

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:48 am

I like the new tool very much and very much like the ease of transferring from editing a gallery to editing a single image.

Is the intention to retain the link back to the older style (but still nicely revamped) editing page? As well as also using the "Upload an image to replace the current image for this image_id" feature, I liked being able to see how many hits there were on each image in the gallery without having to go through each image in turn. I haven't found that feature in the drag and drop edit page - is it missing or have I not been looking in the right place?
Rosie

See what I've seen...

judyjohnson

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:20 pm

I am running IE8 and it still won't let me drag and drop.....

jcdefreitas

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:32 pm

These new changes are great, love the drag and drop feature. It makes re-arranging a easy task.

I use both programs ZIP & RAR to upload files, it would be great if I(we) could upload also RAR files :wink:

Jd

View my photography at

http://www.pbase.com/jcdefreitas/most_recent

moxfactor

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:40 pm

thank you for putting out something wonderful amidst so much negative criticism for the past while...

keep up the good work.

ckirby
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:21 pm

bobfloyd wrote:I have not managed to read through the entire thread so this might have been mentioned somewhere else already but it appears that the "Delete Image" button on the "Edit Image" page is not working.

That button was "working" (aka, the delete operation was being done correctly) but the page itself wasn't responding properly to this. I have since fixed this issue.
judyjohnson wrote:I am running IE8 and it still won't let me drag and drop.....

You are most likely displaying the page in compatibility mode, you will need to disable this. http://www.google.com/search?q=disable+compatibility+mode+internet+explorer

moxfactor

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:41 pm

minor suggestion. could it be possible to add some way to make any edit page allow the saving of encoding? like a drop down menu that will make encoding stick. it would make it much easier to for people to browse non-english galleries if they didn't need to manually "fix" every page load to the correct encoding. not to mention, that's not even possible with the new edit page, since it's in some sort of frame. this would help us foreigners a LOT. and it's not just UTF. i can't even type in Sebastião Salgado without the a-tilde going crazy.

mccartney

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi, I have been trying to find on the new edit page where I might find "Upload an Image to Replace the Current Image" - am I missing something?

Thank you
Barry

bobfloyd

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:29 pm

ckirby wrote:
bobfloyd wrote:I have not managed to read through the entire thread so this might have been mentioned somewhere else already but it appears that the "Delete Image" button on the "Edit Image" page is not working.

That button was "working" (aka, the delete operation was being done correctly) but the page itself wasn't responding properly to this. I have since fixed this issue.

Thank you, sir! Appreciate the fast response.

One more, and this may be just me missing it, but I can't find a spot in the lay out to manually geotag my photos. Is that there and I missed it?

jillburhans

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Works for me

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Edit Page