New Edit Page

gmphoto

Re: New Edit Page

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:21 am

frankswood

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:45 am

emily wrote:
petolino wrote:Thanks for a great improvement. I have one feature request: in the drag-and-drop edit window, can you arrange the thumbnails into the same number of rows and columns as the gallery page? This would make it a little easier to visualize the results of resequencing.

-Joe

We want people to be able to take full advantage of their screen size when editing. You could always make your browser window more narrow or adjust the width of your gallery tree area until the columns of thumbnails matches what you want in your gallery.

You can adjust the width of your gallery tree by clicking the line between the left tree section and the right contents/settings section and dragging right or left depending on what you want to do. If you have a lot of nested galleries, you might find this very useful.

-Emily

I see your point Emily - but your suggestion doesn't help if editing on a smaller monitor. In this case the left tree pane restricts the number of columns displayed on the right - preventing me from seeing the same number of columns as published in my gallery.... this limits its usefulness as I can't use it to lay out my pages.

I know the width of the left tree pane can be reduced - but (currently) it can't be hidden completely.

Here are my suggestions:
1) Provide a toggle switch to hide/display the navigation tree (this is probably the easiest thing for you to implement)
2) Include a toggle switch to put users into "Gallery column preview" mode. This would display the exact number of columns as per the gallery settings and display a horizontal scroll bar on the right-hand pane when the results don't fit the browser window.

Otherwise I agree that this is a great feature that brings some of the friendliness of flickr to pbase.

-Andrew

andrewholman

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:35 am

I'm running IE8 but the sytem says in red at the top of the page that it does not support my browser!

andrewholman

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:39 am

Continued from above the full message is...

"The drag and drop capabilities of this page are not supported on the browser you are using. Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, and Internet Explorer (versions 8 and greater) are all supported."

although I am running IE8

karld

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:52 am

Awesome.....as it SHOULD be!! Well done!

andrew57

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:26 am

The drag and drop works fine within a gallery page but I can't drag and drop across page breaks. Is this intended? Thanks

Andrew

nitroimage

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Holy smokes this is awesome! I have played around with the new page and have no suggestions, complaints or otherwise.

I have been a "paying" member since 2003, and have almost left a number of times but I'm still here. If this is the beginning of a new and improved Pbase, I'm glad I stuck around!

Thanks Emily, Slug et al

Blair

merriwolf

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:27 pm

Very slick and it's heartening to see PBase modernizing.

Gordon W

barry931

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Like very much, easier to work with

fattebert

publicaly viewable

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:00 pm

oh, by the way : could something be done to distinguish the picture that are publicaly viewable from those who are not in the editing page ?
maybe a spot like a signal, or the whole picture in light red...
it would be easier to manage than always clicking on edit images to check if they are hidden or not :-)

issyr

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Awesome, well planned, easy to use....love the "drag/drop" options.....
Thanks! :D

bobfloyd

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:17 pm

I have not managed to read through the entire thread so this might have been mentioned somewhere else already but it appears that the "Delete Image" button on the "Edit Image" page is not working.

While I am still testing, so far, other than the above mentioned issue, I am enjoying it. :) Thanks!

baskar_b

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi,

The Edit feature is very nice. Makes re-arranging a breeze! Thanks.

goislands

Re: Camera/Lens entries New Edit Page

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:17 pm

ckirby wrote:Hello everybody, I'm here to announce that the newfangled Edit Gallery page is ready for beta testing. You can go check it out at http://beta.pbase.com/edit. [...]
Enjoy!

Hi,

this is really a great new face to Pbase, thanks for the work!

One aspect could be maybe also tackled with: Could we have a more contemporary set of camera/lens/(film|software) type of entry, accounting to the fact that majority of cameras are digital now, and maybe the raw converter could be entered or selected from the list? Thus the camera DB should know of the attribute film/digital and offer the film entry only if the camera is a film camera, or also, user might shoot images from film frames, in which case it would be nice to change the camera type, and the the shoot time stamp, and declare the film type.

Thomas

goislands

Missing feature in Image Edit! Re: New Edit Page

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi,

• I just noticed that the new Image-Edit does not have the "Upload an image to replace the current image for this image_id." option!
    Could you please preserve this important feature?
  • Also, in the new gallery edit the "Sequence" or "Commands" column is way too wide at the cost of the "Title" column, what forces user to scroll horizontally longer title.
  • The Image size could be given in KB? I think that the exact size in bytes is not important

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Edit Page