Board index PBase News New Edit Page

News

New Edit Page

dct

Re: New Edit Page

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 pm

After a long time with only minimal changes: This is really a big step forward on usability for the gallery owner.

Thanks alot for the nice work.

ckirby
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:13 pm

A few updates:

• Added Detailed View checkbox next to the select checkboxes at the bottom. Checking this will expand the thumbnail container a bit and display image size, image dimensions, and image/gallery hitcounts. Unchecking this will hide these stats. This is a sticky setting, you won't have to keep checking/unchecking this every time you go to your edit page.
• Changed the root folder in the gallery tree so that clicking it expands your entire gallery tree. As you can see, there is a little plus icon over the folder icon to distinguish this.

reflectionsbyruth

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 pm

I like the drag and drop, but I don't see the option to make a photo not visible to the public. I can only see that when going to regular view and edit each photo.

Here are other questions I have.

What is the difference between a folder that shows blue to one that is grey?

Is there a way we can back up our individual galleries almost like we would from an ftp server?
Would be nice to have each folder/gallery backed up on our own computers in case we accidentally delete a gallery, we can easily recreate it and reupload the whole list of photos.
I've been a member since 2004 and of course many computers later, don't have any one place that all my pbase uploaded versions reside on my own hard drive. I have some that are on my hard drive, but they are not listed as being in any particular gallery/folder on PBase.

reflectionsbyruth

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:57 pm

I can no longer leave a comment on a members gallery.
I thought when it happened a few mins ago, it was because PBase pushed the message and option for me to check out the new beta.
Now that I have, I went back to Richard Calmes page to leave a comment. This is the message I got.

You must login as rcalmes to edit this gallery.

??? I wasn't trying to edit his gallery, I had my curser in the box to type a message. The moment I typed any letters, it jumped to the message mentioned ??

hlohmann

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Works the way that it is supposed to, thank you.

mccartney

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:06 am

ckirby wrote:A few updates:

• Added Detailed View checkbox next to the select checkboxes at the bottom. Checking this will expand the thumbnail container a bit and display image size, image dimensions, and image/gallery hitcounts. Unchecking this will hide these stats. This is a sticky setting, you won't have to keep checking/unchecking this every time you go to your edit page.
• Changed the root folder in the gallery tree so that clicking it expands your entire gallery tree. As you can see, there is a little plus icon over the folder icon to distinguish this.

Love it - Thanks for that!!
Barry McCartney Photography - http://www.pbase.com/mccartney

sbbish

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:16 am

reflectionsbyruth wrote:<snip>
What is the difference between a folder that shows blue to one that is grey?
<snip>

I think (if my observations are accurate) the blue folder indicates that there are subfolders (subgalleries) inside. A grey folder indicates the end of that "branch".

Scott

reflectionsbyruth

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:32 am

Thanks Scott, that sounds logical, I'll go back to see if thats the case.

Didn't we used to be able to edit our posts in the forum? I've been busy the past year and haven't spent a lot of time in the forums.

I just found the answer to my previous question "but I don't see the option to make a photo not visible to the public" :)

jrdigitalart

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:29 am

Hi! Tried a few simple edits and the slickness impresses.

macromarco

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Very, very good job !
... just a thing: is it yet possible multiple photo uploading ?

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:45 pm

macromarco wrote:Very, very good job !
... just a thing: is it yet possible multiple photo uploading ?

Yes. The regular upload is multiple photo upload. Just keep selecting more and more photos (up to 40) and click the Upload button when you are ready.

reflectionsbyruth wrote:Thanks Scott, that sounds logical, I'll go back to see if thats the case.

Didn't we used to be able to edit our posts in the forum? I've been busy the past year and haven't spent a lot of time in the forums.

I just found the answer to my previous question "but I don't see the option to make a photo not visible to the public" :)

- Scott was correct. The blue folders indicate that there are subgalleries in that gallery. A grey folder indicates that it contains no subgalleries.
- You can edit forum posts right after you post them, but there is a time limit. It's basically for correcting typos that you notice right after posting. If it has been longer than a couple of minutes, you can't edit.
- If you select multiple images on the contents page and go to the "Edit Images" tab, you can batch update those images to make them public/non-public.

reflectionsbyruth wrote:I can no longer leave a comment on a members gallery.
I thought when it happened a few mins ago, it was because PBase pushed the message and option for me to check out the new beta.
Now that I have, I went back to Richard Calmes page to leave a comment. This is the message I got.

You must login as rcalmes to edit this gallery.

??? I wasn't trying to edit his gallery, I had my curser in the box to type a message. The moment I typed any letters, it jumped to the message mentioned ??

I'm not sure what could have happened here. I have not been able to duplicate the behavior. If it should happen again, please let me know the URL when you get the error message and the URL of the page where you were trying to leave a comment. You can send me a PM or an email if you need to.

-Emily

wip

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:05 pm

I cannot use it. Keep getting this error and I have IE 8.

The drag and drop capabilities of this page are not supported on the browser you are using. Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, and Internet Explorer (versions 8 and greater) are all supported.

Sharon

frankswood

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Just noticed that scrolling up and down doesn't work on the iPad.

Don't hate me for owning an iPad... But feel free to hate me because I won it in a competition?

:-)

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:33 pm

widp wrote:I cannot use it. Keep getting this error and I have IE 8.

The drag and drop capabilities of this page are not supported on the browser you are using. Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, and Internet Explorer (versions 8 and greater) are all supported.

Sharon

Try this in IE8:
Go to Tools
Select "Developer Tools"
Look for "Browser Mode:" near the top of the window after "File Find Disable..."
"Browser Mode" should be set to "Internet Explorer 8". (Not Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View)
Look for "Document Mode" after "BrowserMode:"
"Document Mode" should be set to IE8 Standards.

Making those changes should reload the page and you'll be all set.
-Emily

carol_keeler_photo

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:43 pm

I tried it and the first couple of images dragged and dropped just fine, then nothing else would drag and drop. Am I doing something wrong? My browser is safari. The concept is great if it will work for me.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Edit Page