Board index PBase News New Edit Page

News

New Edit Page

enjayel

Re: New Edit Page

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:20 pm

pinemikey wrote:
emily wrote:
pinemikey wrote:Oh, by the way...a small item. I know you have a link to the image page display with the "View Image" link, but can you also add the same link to the thumbnail image on the left like you used to have on the "old" image edit page?

The eyeball button above the gallery tree will always take you to view your current gallery, whether you're on the Contents tab or the Edit Image tab.

-Emily

I understand that. That's great, but we've been conditioned to click on a thumbnail of an image and be directed to that image...why else have a thumbnail? No big deal, just a link like you had on the old image edit page.

I agree with pinemikey on this.. not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have this back

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:42 pm

charliedoggett wrote:I have IE8 which is included in your list, but a photo would not drag and drop to another loction within the gallery.

To charliedoggett: Make sure that the white on blue arrow appears to indicate the drop location before you let go of the mouse. Can you let us know more details of what happens when you try to drag and drop? Is it happening in all galleries or just a specific one?

johnwaine wrote:It doesn't work in Firefox or Chrome.

To johnwaine: Could you let me know more details about what you are experiencing when trying to use the page? Can you select images in the contents tab? Can you drag and drop them? What happens when you try to Upload? Do you receive any error messages?

rjpfm wrote:F.Y.I
I did create a new gallery as a try out to test
A+
Upload:
great I can move more pictures into a gallery.
One issue after at look at the gallery, too much space in between pictures , so I did use the same set-up of my others galleries
Columms:7
table with:30
Cell spacing:5
Cell Paddind:5
Page per Gallery:42
Update the page? No change was made I had the same issue
Columms: 4 pictures allway to the bottom
Hope you can fix it?
Rjpfm

To rjpfm: These settings are working fine for me. It may be a browser issue. What OS and browser (including version) are you using? After clicking Update Gallery Details, you should see a green "Gallery Details Updated" message at the top of the page. Do you receive any message at all?

-Emily

darylpbase

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Works great on Opera. Uploaded a batch of images and it uploaded the last image twice. Otherwise, fantastic. Thanks

alastairneil

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Congratulations - very interesting development.

One problem: using IE8, when I upload a photo, it strips out the spaces in the caption. This is bad enough, but with a long caption the spacing of the thumbnails is wrecked because there is no way to split the caption at the spaces and print over several lines. No problem uploading the old way.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:22 pm

darylpbase wrote:Works great on Opera. Uploaded a batch of images and it uploaded the last image twice. Otherwise, fantastic. Thanks

To darylpbase: We got this fixed. It looks like Opera was the only browser handling things differently.

alastairneil wrote:Congratulations - very interesting development.

One problem: using IE8, when I upload a photo, it strips out the spaces in the caption. This is bad enough, but with a long caption the spacing of the thumbnails is wrecked because there is no way to split the caption at the spaces and print over several lines. No problem uploading the old way.

To alastairneil: Thanks for pointing this out. We have fixed this. Files uploaded with spaces in the file name will now still have those spaces in the image title.

Thanks Everybody!
-Emily

moxfactor

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:10 pm

regarding this thread that's been around since 2004...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4774

can we pretty please have some confirmation of if we'll ever be allowed defaulting to other encoding or not?

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:48 pm

At your requests, non-public and password-protected symbols now display in the gallery tree as well as the contents tab. If they aren't showing up for you yet, just shift + reload the page to get the updated style sheet.

Enjoy!
-Emily

moxfactor

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:22 pm

thx for the new edit page recognizing encoding changes, emily.

mccartney

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:19 pm

emily wrote:At your requests, non-public and password-protected symbols now display in the gallery tree as well as the contents tab. If they aren't showing up for you yet, just shift + reload the page to get the updated style sheet.

Enjoy!
-Emily

Thanks for that Emily!
Barry McCartney Photography - http://www.pbase.com/mccartney

tasminip

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:05 pm

How to set profile page portrait using the new edit too?

pinemikey

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:08 pm

Here's another small one. When before, we would use the "old" gallery edit page, a little announcement used to come up telling the member that the image(s) was/were successfully uploaded. The image description had a link to the image's edit page which was handy to quickly add more information. I note that after uploading an image with the "new" edit page, that link is no longer there. Again, I know that we can click on the "View Image" link, but again, that link in the successful upload announcement was were members like me got used to going for the next step.

crisscross

Post Mon May 02, 2011 6:35 am

After using this for over a week now, on the whole a much better way of doing things, but a few suggestions:

(a) could preference to load images at the top of one gallery be automatically made the preference for all galleries?

(b) no longer includes the number of views for an image

(c) didn't have before, but any chance of retaining the original file name somewhere?

lindasolan

Post Mon May 02, 2011 11:50 am

Seems to work great!

ckirby
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Tue May 03, 2011 3:18 pm

We just added a 'load more' button to the edit page. Now you have the choice of loading 20 more thumbnails or all of the remaining thumbnails.

greco

Post Tue May 03, 2011 3:34 pm

It's slow, & useless compared to Smugmug's which is fast, and accurate..

I've gone back to the old method of changing the sequence numbers..

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Edit Page