Board index PBase News New Edit Page

News

New Edit Page

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Edit Page

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 pm

carol_keeler_photo wrote:I tried it and the first couple of images dragged and dropped just fine, then nothing else would drag and drop. Am I doing something wrong? My browser is safari. The concept is great if it will work for me.

I am using Safari, too. So, I know it should work fine for you. Try shift+reload the page. Make sure that you see a white on blue arrow appear to indicate the dropping location before you drop.

-Emily

reflectionsbyruth

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Emily,
Its still happening. So far only seems to happen on Richard Calmes site, I only tried 2 others and I was able to leave comments on theirs.

here is the gallery I went to and tried to leave a comment

http://www.pbase.com/rcalmes/appalachian_cinderella

after putting my cursor inside the box, it immediately jumped to this page

http://upload.pbase.com/edit_gallery/rcalmes/appalachian_cinderella

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:36 pm

reflectionsbyruth wrote:Emily,
Its still happening. So far only seems to happen on Richard Calmes site, I only tried 2 others and I was able to leave comments on theirs.

here is the gallery I went to and tried to leave a comment

http://www.pbase.com/rcalmes/appalachian_cinderella

after putting my cursor inside the box, it immediately jumped to this page

http://upload.pbase.com/edit_gallery/rcalmes/appalachian_cinderella

OK, I figured it out. It's a mistake in the gallery description that Richard entered. It has nothing to do with the new Edit Tool. Phew! I'll send Richard a message about that.

Thanks,
Emily

reflectionsbyruth

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:36 pm

:lol: what a relieve for you eh! What was it he did so we know not to do it ourselves?
Strange thing is, others were able to comment before me

nikoshooter

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:01 am

Using Safari (5.0.5)
I had trouble uploading on two separate occasions and one one occasion reloaded the page to find that my pictures were already there; second time I had to re-upload. It would be nice to have a upload status progress bar.
I set security settings and then later move the entire folder. That seems to wipe out the security setting I had set. I post pictures of kids sports and some parents are very particular that their kid not be viewable by strangers, so it would also be nice to make a password-protected folder very obvious, or the lack thereof (on the left-side folder view area).
I could not find a way to access my profile. I wanted to determine how much empty space I had left.
It would be nice if you list both used and remaining (for those like me who forget what we have purchased)
Would be nice, when deleting a photo, if the Yes key is already selected so I can hit the enter key, the Y-key...instead of having to move mouse to it. At minimum auto move the mouse to the yes key.

I appreciate all you have done thus far; very nice!
George

charliedoggett

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:24 am

I have IE8 which is included in your list, but a photo would not drag and drop to another loction within the gallery. So just forgot it and went back to old way of editing. Hope you make it where it will work on regular people's computers. :?: Charlie

cathboy

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:28 am

Very Nice

floradoragirl

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:25 pm

ckirby wrote:A few updates:

• Added Detailed View checkbox next to the select checkboxes at the bottom. Checking this will expand the thumbnail container a bit and display image size, image dimensions, and image/gallery hitcounts. Unchecking this will hide these stats. This is a sticky setting, you won't have to keep checking/unchecking this every time you go to your edit page.

That's brilliant, thanks very much for all the work on this feature. I really like it but also very much like that you've retained the option to switch back as and when. It's all good! Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!
Rosie

See what I've seen...

johnwaine

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:18 pm

It doesn't work in Firefox or Chrome. How complicated can drag n drop be? The first innovation in 3 years and Pbase can't even get this right!

johnwaine

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:26 pm

I've just realised it's not for uploading :-(

reflectionsbyruth

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:54 pm

John, I use Firefox 3.6.1.6 and it works for me

fishit

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:38 am

johnwaine wrote:I've just realised it's not for uploading :-(

I am using Firefox 3.6 latest version and just uploaded and I have done a little gallery drag and drop changes.
It is not perfect that is why Emily and staff are asking for useful feedback, give some details of settings etc.

floradoragirl

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:41 am

John, I'm using both Firefox 4 and Chrome and have found it works on both, moving things around as well as uploading.

Rosie
Rosie

See what I've seen...

rjpfm

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:02 pm

F.Y.I
I did create a new gallery as a try out to test
A+
Upload:
great I can move more pictures into a gallery.
One issue after at look at the gallery, too much space in between pictures , so I did use the same set-up of my others galleries
Columms:7
table with:30
Cell spacing:5
Cell Paddind:5
Page per Gallery:42
Update the page? No change was made I had the same issue
Columms: 4 pictures allway to the bottom
Hope you can fix it?
Rjpfm

todd_port

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:34 pm