Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns

News

PBase Statistics page returns

larsjohnsson

Re: PBase Statistics page returns

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:59 pm

hphdk wrote:My total hitcount on my profile page is not updated sins Pbase "amagedon". Is thre something I had missed or is it not finished yet?

:P :P

The total hitcount does not work. And the hitcount when you click on a gallery or image does not work either

aspectslink

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:35 am

Slug, I love what you have done to PBase, and statistic.

Great job, well worthy of waiting.

thanks,
aspectslink.

jaapblom

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:55 am

Hitcount, totals as well as hitcount per photopgraph: I miss them.
Do they come back?? Please: Say Yes or no

gbleek

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:26 am

jaapblom wrote:Hitcount, totals as well as hitcount per photopgraph: I miss them.
Do they come back?? Please: Say Yes or no

YES! Just look at earlier posts in this thread...

larsjohnsson

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:30 pm

aspectslink wrote:Slug, I love what you have done to PBase, and statistic.

thanks,
aspectslink.

It's funny :D Most of the statistic doesn't work. And it have not worked for nearly 2 months. But you love what he has done to the statistics :D :D

coaster

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:44 pm

I miss the # of hits for each photo. To me, that's the essential statistic. Can you bring back that feature?

i_fly

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:58 pm

larsjohnsson wrote:
aspectslink wrote:Slug, I love what you have done to PBase, and statistic.

thanks,
aspectslink.

It's funny :D Most of the statistic doesn't work. And it have not worked for nearly 2 months. But you love what he has done to the statistics :D :D

Utterly funny to be precise - It's like being fed with breadcrumbs when asking for a full meal and supposed to be happy and smiling.
Anybody here ready to bet on the exact date when things will be back to normal again, not considering when some much needed improvements will be implemented such as more streamlined upload procedures, tags and keyword search and other "luxuries" that have long been implemented as standard at other sites. ( and don't tell me to just leave and shop around at other sites - if that's the solution to our needs, we might all decide to leave and close Pbase )

ckirby
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:17 pm

I added the following to the first post in this thread so that any newcomers will see:

Updated on 11/17/2009:

We recently added the ability to view your direct link statistics. You will notice a link in the top right of your stats pages that says 'direct links'. This link will reload the page you are on and display any relevant direct link statistics. Only images can have direct links, so the 'Most Viewed' table on the right of some stats pages will change to only showing image direct link stats. On the gallery stats pages the main graph will not change when you view direct link data, only the 'Most Viewed' table will change.

meiria

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 pm

I just don't get it.
First you return the old functions, only later you upgrade. That's how things should work.
I think that in a month more could and should have been done.

artichoke

a bubble burst

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:49 am

reading that bots are responsible for hit spikes bummed me out
seeing that one of my better days statistically occurred while the pbase site was down broke me heart
does the fact that I get 4 times as many hits now as I did 4 years ago reflect more on the proliferation of automated searches on the 'net, than any increase in my popularity as a photographer?
do such statistics have any meaning?

mytmoss

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:49 am

I am not going to ooh and ahh on the nice new statistics. I cannot tell how many hits my pictures have and I cannot tell how many hits my site has. Two big basics I had before. The support is still pathetic and the new stats does not make me feel any better. I do not think they have done great work. In the world of computers these days, their process of recovery so far would get a solid D. The only reason its not an F is they have managed to get some stuff working on a non timely basis.

Mike

akmc_in_au

Re: a bubble burst

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:00 am

artichoke wrote:reading that bots are responsible for hit spikes bummed me out
seeing that one of my better days statistically occurred while the pbase site was down broke me heart
does the fact that I get 4 times as many hits now as I did 4 years ago reflect more on the proliferation of automated searches on the 'net, than any increase in my popularity as a photographer?
do such statistics have any meaning?

They do if they're StatCounter or Google Analytics stats, where 'bot visits and your own visits can be filtered out...

I keep saying it, but it seems that there ain't no-one listenin'. :roll:

bracciodiferro

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:17 am

Hi PBase Team,
Okay now we have this complicated system of statistics...
BUT PLEASE you must run well the old system of statistics for each image ( under the photo...) and the total count:was simple and immediate!!
Not work yet,any other problems to solve?
Thanks!!!
Paolo
http://www.paolopeggi.com

larsjohnsson

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:07 pm

ckirby wrote:I added the following to the first post in this thread so that any newcomers will see:

Updated on 11/17/2009:

We recently added the ability to view your direct link statistics. You will notice a link in the top right of your stats pages that says 'direct links'. This link will reload the page you are on and display any relevant direct link statistics. Only images can have direct links, so the 'Most Viewed' table on the right of some stats pages will change to only showing image direct link stats. On the gallery stats pages the main graph will not change when you view direct link data, only the 'Most Viewed' table will change.

This message is what I get when clickong direct links.

""Most Viewed Direct Links""
17 Nov 2009
No data available.

I tried about 15 galleries then I gave up

akmc_in_au

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:41 pm

bracciodiferro wrote:Okay now we have this complicated system of statistics...
BUT PLEASE you must run well the old system of statistics for each image ( under the photo...) and the total count:was simple and immediate!!

I may be misremembering but I don't recall any of the old stats being immediate. Third party ones yes, but not PBase ones. As best I recall it all of them only updated once per day, though I could be wrong. (I've never paid that much attention to them before, less now that I know why I could never make sense of the numbers. I glance at the total number on the home page (not that there's any point doing that at the moment), but for details I go to StatCounter.)

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns