Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns

News

PBase Statistics page returns

rsbfotos

Re: PBase Statistics page returns

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:33 am

I have sent the following correspondence to the Pbase accounts department.

Quote "concerning my subscription renewal

I received my subscription renewal notice and it is due by the start of February, BUT I am not happy with performance of PBase over the repairs to the Sep 24th crash. I have decided to wait and see what needed adjustments to its operation and the overall attitude of the management are made, before I hand over any more of my (fixed income) dollars.

Are you devoting full-time daily energies to the Pbase operations? or is it just a part-time hobby type of commitment? I would like to know exactly what the commitment of the management is in regards to Pbase. I would like to know what the managements plans are for the future of Pbase.

I feel it is time for a full and complete report to bring us all up to date on the situation, no matter how lengthy or technical. I would like management to be forthright with me and the rest of the supporters. Please have the decency to be honest and up-front totally, with all of us. In like manner, I will state that this letter will also be posted in the forum.

It feels uncomfortable to be dragged along for months with half-baked promises. I would like to see all the features on Pbase back to their normal function. Any that does not or can not be made to work as was designed, should be removed, completely. Features that do not operate as planned or expected are the same as half-baked promises, imho. Some improvements would be nice but I don't want fancy bells and whistles. For myself I'm satisfied with it as it is, when and if it works correctly.

Many of us supporters have committed much time and energy into our galleries for a number of years. As for myself, I have too little time remaining to start these past six years here, all over again from scratch somewhere else. If improvements or explanations do not arrive before my renewal date, then so be it. I will bide my time for awhile, to decide on any further commitments to Pbase by me.

Your patience would be greatly appreciated, (as much of mine has gone.)

-10kzoomfz - A Supporter and Subscriber since December 2003. " end Quote
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

jpeg_shooter

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:46 pm

cekari wrote:Anyone thinking they need a break and took a holiday leave?

Well, i don't know but I think they deserve one....

And we deserve a simple note telling us they went on holiday.

But I don't think they went on holiday. I simply think they don't know what they're doing.

sfzjohn

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:14 pm

sfzjohn wrote:I find the old hit system has been pretty much restored. I find that the new revised system which has not been updated since 12-28-2009, has been disabled or turned off for the time being. It seems like there may be two hit count systems that are not talking to each other at this time. My counts on the old system seem to be accurate and updating correctly when I post an image.

John Ford
http://www.pbase.com/sfzjohn

Looks like PBase has got both the old and the new hit count systems working today, 01-06-2010. The only thing I wonder about is if the daily update of the new system is automatic or someone at PBase has to tun the program to get it to update. Regardless, PBase seems to be on a good roll with this.

John Ford

pierrerobinson

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:45 pm

The hitcount is no correct. Sometimes the difference is less than 50% of the real number and other over by a number of 20%. I am not the only one whp is not happy with the situation, what does not help is the stats are based and shown at different time zones.but even with the proper time zone calculation their hit count is wrong.

I wish they will be able to update them daily and show the results on the proper time zone.

solofotogrammi

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:12 am

PBase is a exasperating slowness these days!!
...and I agree, the statistics pages results do not correspond to hit count. What are they if they are not reliable?

solofotogrammi

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:31 am

What happens, because this slowness?! PBase does not load pages either with Explorer or Firefox 3.5.
I'm tired!!

sfzjohn

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Looks like PBase has got both the old and the new hit count systems working today, 01-06-2010. The only thing I wonder about is if the daily update of the new system is automatic or someone at PBase has to tun the program to get it to update. Regardless, PBase seems to be on a good roll with this.

John Ford
http://www.pbase.com/sfzjohn[/quote]

I must say, I think PBase has a master plan with the hit count status system. More and more bits of the system are coming online almost daily now. One thing I'd like to see and this may already be in the works:
When you roll over a thumbnail in a Most Viewed column, I'd like to see a data popup so I don't have to drill down any further on that item.

Way to go PBase!

John Ford

moxfactor

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:23 pm

both hitcount and the page stats have been working fine in the past week. lets hope it stays that way. in any case, other than the lack of communications, PBase have been quite steady for me, and i'm happy to stay around, consider everywhere else have infestations of multitudinous hordes of random iphone snaps of people doing the V-sign, and bad music, and worse background images that aren't aligned properly and clash with everything else. other than deviantart and maybe smugmug, PBase has the best ratio of above average quality of photos of any website.

if only communications is a little better.

viljamix

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:35 pm

moxfactor wrote:both hitcount and the page stats have been working fine in the past week. lets hope it stays that way.

Not quite; the hourly page views isn't working.
I really do appreciate if you could leave a comment. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Cheers, Jorma

You'll never get out of this life alive.

http://pbase.com/viljamix

moxfactor

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:12 pm

viljamix wrote:
moxfactor wrote:both hitcount and the page stats have been working fine in the past week. lets hope it stays that way.

working fine for me.

rsbfotos

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:01 pm

moxfactor wrote:
viljamix wrote:

working fine for me.

That seems to be typical at Pbase. Some are lucky, some are not. Some have problems, some do not. It sometimes appears as if they do rolling brownouts within the system, for whatever reason.

As of this moment, my hourly data are NOT working either.

And checking back, I don't get any 'Hourly' data until the 28th December 2009.
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

jaapblom

Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 am

They called it a nice new feature but it seems to be very difficult to make a daily update of the Aggregate daily page views.
Frequency tends to be one update in two days. But I have seen this before and I am afraid that it only grow slower.

larsjohnsson

Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:12 am

cekari wrote:Anyone thinking they need a break and took a holiday leave?

Well, i don't know but I think they deserve one....

When looking at my stats and everything else on the Pbase site, I belive they have been on holiday for at least 4 months already :(

aviles

Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:34 pm

jaapblom wrote:They called it a nice new feature but it seems to be very difficult to make a daily update of the Aggregate daily page views.
Frequency tends to be one update in two days. But I have seen this before and I am afraid that it only grow slower.

No updates since 1/14, today is 1/18.

The problems continue...

bob1grady

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:56 am

The Statistics page may have returned but it doesn't work very well, at least on my site. When I go to my profile the hit counter seems to lag by a day or two and then then catch up but when I click on View Full Statistics there it's usually anywhere from two to seven days behind. Today it's four days behind and sometimes only shows only three or four day Gallery hits.

Bob1Grady

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns