Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns

News

PBase Statistics page returns

lighthawk

Re: PBase Statistics page returns

Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:09 pm

:(
Another unhappy customer wondering why Pbase (i.e. Slug & friends) can't deliver service in a timely fashion.

My stats haven't updated since 12/28 and the total hitcounts barely worked after the crash.
Is it really so hard? Really?
I'm not a geek, but it's painfully obvious other companies can and do deliver adequate service.

It sucks to be ignored (no two-way conversation seems to be by design),
and it sucks to have less than adequate service.

Apparently Sluggo doesn't care much, despite protests to the contrary.
Actions matter, not sporadic statements telling us how hard you are working.

Signed,
Yet Another Unhappy Pbase Customer

wietsej

Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:24 pm

I don't understand why everybody now is complaining. The last week they changed more then the three months before. Two days ago we could see the total views for an image. It was impossible to sort on hitcounts and PBstat gives values from sept 24. As not programmer I thought they were using still two databases. Now we can sort on hitcount again and PBstat gives values from jan 2. Only one galery started just before sept 24 gives with PBstat old values but I can sort on hits.
I think most work is done.

alexhenze

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:43 am

Oh you of way too much faith.I've been very patient.Its been months,and still pbase is less than reliable.I love the site but...
I still have a few months left.Havent moved ,but I sure am thinking about it.

mjlamoon

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:55 am

Well its great to see the individual photo hit counts seemingly working, BUT it appears that the person who invents the new daily hit counter page totals seems to have been on holiday from the 28th. This really shows that these figures are randomly invented and not computer driven, unless the computer takes a holiday as well!

Camera and Lens database, This is very poor and not kept up to date, some new lens are appearing out of sequence and are not dated, even when we supply the info to them. This used to be great letting people see the results of the latest equipment.

Thankfully the site seems to be performing faster than it used to; a definite plus.

Certainly as paying customers I would have expected a daily or weekly update. Sadly there does not seem to be a Board of Directors to complain to. So please communicate to us even if its bad news, we wont all run away to other sites.

I think I will give it a couple more months before setting up my own site along the lines of this one.

jaapblom

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Sometimes there are some good things, you still have to find them yourself by tryong.
Sequencing the pictures in a gallery by one of the following colums is working again: Sequence, Title Hits and Original.

Count your blessings one by on

lindsaygilliland

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:33 pm

I have absolutely no idea how many people visit my site and which pic they hit on once they are there.

The counter stats bear no resemblance to reality what so ever.

If there was another site that looked like pbase I would go there.

nieuwburgh

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:24 am

"I have absolutely no idea how many people visit my site and which pic they hit on once they are there".

It seems we don't read the same pages. Figures appear on mine as far as I can see. Wether they are precise or not is another question, and frankly I don't care that much.
After reading the recents posts, it seems that some people are more concerned by howmany visits they have and, at one visit close, the EXACT amount.
Everybody has his way of appreciating photography. Mine is closer to the image itself and not to counting number of visits like beans in a grocery shop.
Of course, I also like to see how my images are seen, but it's not, to my point of view, the most important aspect in pbase service.
Today, the site is much faster, and that's for me, the MAIN progress, along to an user friendly architecture of the site itself.
I suggest Slug doesn't wait too much to confirm stats reliability when this will be sure. This might solve some unhappy reactions.
Jean-Michel

mxlens

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Still froze on Dec 28..... :(

mxlens

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Also I have to add here, It's not like counting beans. I have 437 Galleries and nearly 31000 pictures. I run a site for a group of Motocross riders in Southwestern PA. I have a big usage that I pay for. IF a gallery is not having many hits I will take that gallery off. I also will put together a gallery of something different and also watch to see the response. If it is not well received than I move on to another idea. So visitors make a BIG difference to my site. Many of the riders thru out the season do not have time to sit and view all of that particular riders pictures, so thru out the off season the site is well looked over. Do I like quality of pictures, you bet. But I also have pictures that may not be very high in quality but shows a particular race and the events of that race. Stats are important, espically to me.

petersussex

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Mxlens,
Why not try picasa.goggle.com ?

sfzjohn

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:24 pm

I find the old hit system has been pretty much restored. I find that the new revised system which has not been updated since 12-28-2009, has been disabled or turned off for the time being. It seems like there may be two hit count systems that are not talking to each other at this time. My counts on the old system seem to be accurate and updating correctly when I post an image.

John Ford
http://www.pbase.com/sfzjohn

ricksel

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:24 am

On receiving my very promt renewal notice I have responded with the following message back. For what its worth I don't expect any kind of response but I thought I would make my individual point in case others might share the same thoughts and or that hopefully Pbase admin will add it to the rest of the comments as constructive critisicism.

Thanks for the heads up. For the first time since I have joined Pbase I am considering other potential sites. I understood the crash and the level of difficulty that you encountered to bring the site back up and the attempts at so called improvements. I like many other users (I am sure ) I have exercised patience and understanding. The technical failure that you experienced has been by far upstaged by your ongoing communications failures with your end users. I do not understand the difficulty in writing a few lines about progress and or additional setbacks so that people could be part of your ongoing attempts to recover. Your all to infrequent attempts at status updates served to alienate many of the people who have made pbase such a success. In the end I have not yet fully decided to move on as I keep hoping that pbase will return to some sort of normal service but my patience has almost come to an end. The latest holding pattern as of Dec 28th with as yet no response from your team is helping me to make up my mind. Too bad I liked your original service and I spent a fair amount of time uploading over 2000 images but I have learned that your hit counts are suspect and as of late completely unreliable. If you do not care enough to communicate with the people who pay the bills except when that bill is due you are lost. I hope over the next few weeks you can prove me wrong and either bring Pbase back to full use or come clean as to the issues you are having so that we might understand and hopefully vote with our cq books in favour of your renewed service. If not thanks for the service up to now but I will be looking for a new hosting site with a fresh look and client service attitude, Sincerely Rick Sellick

i_fly

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:24 am

ricksel wrote:On receiving my very promt renewal notice I have responded with the following message back. For what its worth I don't expect any kind of response but I thought I would make my individual point in case others might share the same thoughts and or that hopefully Pbase admin will add it to the rest of the comments as constructive critisicism.

Thanks for the heads up. For the first time since I have joined Pbase I am considering other potential sites. I understood the crash and the level of difficulty that you encountered to bring the site back up and the attempts at so called improvements. I like many other users (I am sure ) I have exercised patience and understanding. The technical failure that you experienced has been by far upstaged by your ongoing communications failures with your end users. I do not understand the difficulty in writing a few lines about progress and or additional setbacks so that people could be part of your ongoing attempts to recover. Your all to infrequent attempts at status updates served to alienate many of the people who have made pbase such a success. In the end I have not yet fully decided to move on as I keep hoping that pbase will return to some sort of normal service but my patience has almost come to an end. The latest holding pattern as of Dec 28th with as yet no response from your team is helping me to make up my mind. Too bad I liked your original service and I spent a fair amount of time uploading over 2000 images but I have learned that your hit counts are suspect and as of late completely unreliable. If you do not care enough to communicate with the people who pay the bills except when that bill is due you are lost. I hope over the next few weeks you can prove me wrong and either bring Pbase back to full use or come clean as to the issues you are having so that we might understand and hopefully vote with our cq books in favour of your renewed service. If not thanks for the service up to now but I will be looking for a new hosting site with a fresh look and client service attitude, Sincerely Rick Sellick

I completely agree on each word here !

petersussex

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:35 am

Ricksel,

You're completely right!!! Two of my Pbase friends have moved to another site and I'm still hesitating. The webmasters work here seems less than reliable.

cekari

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:55 pm

Anyone thinking they need a break and took a holiday leave?

Well, i don't know but I think they deserve one....

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns