i_fly

Re: PBase Statistics page returns

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:12 am

TIME FOR CELEBRATION ?

It is now 2 months since Big Crash.

hmetal

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:10 am

Why don't you guys put the TOTAL for each gallery at the top of its statistics page? I mean, I see the daily statistics and bar graph but I would like the TOTAL gallery views (since day 1 of a gallery's creation) to be right there with it for quick access/viewing.

My total views counter has been stuck at just over 8.3 million since the crash. According to the new stats page, it should be much higher if I total daily views since the date of the crash.

larsjohnsson

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:29 pm

i_fly wrote:TIME FOR CELEBRATION ?

It is now 2 months since Big Crash.

Come back at Christmas Eve. Then we have the 3 months celebration. The stats will never work.....................

eruttledge

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Soon after the Big Crash, I started posting on Zenfolio. Every now and then I return to my pBase page to see how things are doing. Today, I replicated the recent postings on my Zenfolio account as it I am reasonably confident the pBase website has been stabalized. However, the counts in my stats do not make any sense at all. I have no confidense in the pBase stats being accurate or having maintained any integrity since the Big Crash.

I, like many others, have learned not to rely on a single website. And, I doubt I will be renewing my pBase account when it expires next year. So Sad.

Ed Ruttledge - now posting at: http://eruttledge.zenfolio.com

dennislaska

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:32 am

How come images in my "password protected" galleries are showing view hits now???

wildoat

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:38 am

I don`t know about the rest of you but this is getting tedious.
I like many others have opened alternative galleries due mainly to the lack of response from pbase.
Either the people who run this site are not taking this seriously or they are being wrongly advised and simply not fulfilling their obligation to their members.
I am starting to think this site has been damaged beyond repair and the owners cannot be trusted to provide the service we have paid for.
A sad day as far as I am concerned.
regards to all the friends I have made here, hope I will see you all around somewhere on the web.
best regards
Tony.

bracciodiferro

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:52 am

Hi Folks!

Att. to the PBase Team:
Surely something is wrong in the new statistics page.
I noticed that some of my less-visited photos are now at the top of the "more 'Views",
even had more visits to my galleries in top" 7 day most popular page" !!
But how is possible?
How can I rely on this data?
I do not think we can trust this....
PLEASE fix everything in this site: everything is going wrong! Right now!
Or came back the old statistic system......
And restore the page/gallery/profile page counter if you can do.....
Too much time is past....
Paolo
http://www.paolopeggi.com

macchap

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:34 am

new problems arise to the horizon ........ :mrgreen:

dennislaska

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:37 am

dennislaska wrote:How come images in my "password protected" galleries are showing view hits now???

How can pbase be trusted???

mjlamoon

These STATS

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:16 am

Hits on empty Gallery's, Hits on deleted photos? I do wonder if PBase just has a random generator to make us think we have hits, many of the shown hits in the stats just don't make sense.
Personally, as it seems it cant be fixed, I would be happier if I could remove this useless info and show photos with comments. I feel that the comments left on the photos are much more important, even when they say your photo's are cxxx!

The Camera and Lens database's are now terrible with many models over the last year missing. What has happened to PBase. its fast becoming a photo database dump.

However I still think it has the best gallery system and I will continue to support for a bit longer!

midie

Refund if I cancel?

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:49 am

I think I'm done here.

I was only ever a casual PBase user, so thankfully the crash hasn't affected me financially (I feel sorry for those of you who're relying on this site for business purposes.)

I have had no pleasure, only frustration, from using PBase since September and I am now looking at Zenfolio with a view to moving over there.

The stats issues are the final straw for me - the PBase team trumpeted the return of the stats as a big achievement (looking for some good news I guess) but in fact the stats are next to useless. Either they think we are fools, or they rolled the new stats out too early. Either way, it's no way to treat your paying customers.

As I am only a couple of months into my annual PBase subscription, am I eligible for a refund if I close my account now? The service I have received since September (and yes, I know I wasn't charged while the site was down) is NOT the service I signed up and paid for because the stats don't work properly. So, if I decide to move over to Zenfoilio for a better quality of service, can I close my PBase account and have a refund for the remaining months of my subscription? It seems fair to me, because the only reason I am considering moving is that the standard of service at PBase has fallen below what I was promised when I signed up.

caeneno

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:40 am

PBase Staff , What are you doing !!!!
Hit counts are ever of , and my last stats are November 26th ...
It's a shame !

larsjohnsson

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:53 am

caeneno wrote:PBase Staff , What are you doing !!!!
Hit counts are ever of , and my last stats are November 26th ...
It's a shame !

+1 same with my stats.............Pbase stats is just a joke :(

mytmoss

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:52 pm

What in Pbase's history would make you think they would let us know what is happening with the stats. The joke continues. I wonder how they expect people to stay here with such fine service and communication.

Mike

jaapblom

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:04 pm

Stats ???

Next year, I suppose!
I don't like this any more.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns