Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns

News

PBase Statistics page returns

denp

Re: PBase Statistics page returns

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:57 am

One thing I can say the site seems faster when viewing.[/quote]

Yes, it was faster BUT today it is so slow that I lack patient waiting on images to appear. :evil:

photosbydennis

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:02 am

I agree something sure happened this afternoon... :x

digitalbcon

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:18 pm

bob1grady wrote:I just checked the stat's and mine are up to date with the image count and the image and gallery side bars. Looks like the clock has been removed so maybe that was what was causing the problems. I don't think an hourly update was realy needed anyway.

I agree, hourly updates are no important...not at the expense of having an update in general!

larsjohnsson

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:16 am

digitalbcon wrote:
bob1grady wrote:I just checked the stat's and mine are up to date with the image count and the image and gallery side bars. Looks like the clock has been removed so maybe that was what was causing the problems. I don't think an hourly update was realy needed anyway.

I agree, hourly updates are no important...not at the expense of having an update in general!

But we don't really have hourly updates :D In real life here at Pbase we have updtes ones or twice every week. Like today it's the 26th. And my last update was on the 23rd.............

billcreech

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Today is the 26th and my last update was also on the 23rd also.

Cheers, Bill Creech

jeremy_broome_smith

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:45 pm

denp wrote:One thing I can say the site seems faster when viewing.

Yes, it was faster BUT today it is so slow that I lack patient waiting on images to appear. :evil:[/quote]

Speed must depend on if the stats are running

sixriversrail

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Lets facec it, Pbase really sucks right now, to bad. I am about to the end of my patience, stats wise. If they can't get it straight, then at least they could pull 'em until fixed. Otherwise, all they are doing is wasting my time, and I certainly didn't pay them for that.
Six Rivers Rail~Tony Pawley

stilllearning

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm guessing they have a background job that keeps hanging or they bounce the system often and the background job doesn't restart. I'm still at Jan 23 for the stats. Hope they solve it.

wrightbuilt

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Another fail by Pbase. Can Slug & Co get it together or not??

bob1grady

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:47 am

Smug Mug is getting to look real good just about now.

sixriversrail

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:33 am

I just got back from there. I dunno yet, they seem a lil' overated in my opinion. Loks like you have to at minimum a "power" member to make it worthwhile. Price isn't the issue really, but is it worth it? The scariest part I noticed is that Amazon backs there stuff up, ugh. Does Pbase have some slimey out fit like as well? I really hope not....

bob1grady wrote:Smug Mug is getting to look real good just about now.
Six Rivers Rail~Tony Pawley

fishit

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:04 am

bob1grady wrote:Smug Mug is getting to look real good just about now.

It is a nice place, I use both Sug and PBase.

digitalbcon

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:55 pm

larsjohnsson wrote:
digitalbcon wrote:

But we don't really have hourly updates :D In real life here at Pbase we have updtes ones or twice every week. Like today it's the 26th. And my last update was on the 23rd.............

I think the reference was to the "feature" not the "fact"!!

aviles

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:39 pm

The 28 Jan aggregate stats seem to be way out of whack for me. PBase says 1340, but StatCounter says only 120 or so. Anybody else having this problem?

hydro2005

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:40 pm

When I was interested, I checked stat counter against what PBASE would throw up from time to time. The PBASE stats have never really matched up, and further, often didn't even make sense. I think they have something like a spinning basket that spits out numbers when the holes line up with various galleries, but it only works when the hamsters are well fed and the axle is oiled.

Could thing I don't care that much.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns