Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns

News

PBase Statistics page returns

scherrer

Re: PBase Statistics page returns

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:01 am

One thing though: I've been a member of Pbase since May 2000 !!!

When I click on the "statistics", I only get results from September 2009 ! Is there a way to get ALL statistics, from the beginning ?

Also, in my "profile", when I choose "Comment Management" and click on "Oldest Comments", I only get comments from October 2003 !

Are the STATISTICS before september 2009 lost ?

Are the COMMENT MANAGEMENT datas BEFORE 2003 lost ?

...just wondering ?

Cheers,
J-P.

jaapblom

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:43 pm

I only get results from September 2009 !

That 's correct. Statistics started in September 2009 after the big crash.
They are updated by the way once a week. Nobody knows why....
About comments: I am not that long time here.

scherrer

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:02 pm

jaapblom wrote:
I only get results from September 2009 !

That 's correct. Statistics started in September 2009 after the big crash.
They are updated by the way once a week. Nobody knows why....
About comments: I am not that long time here.

Thanks !

...now, how about the "Guestbook" and the "Comment Management" ? I remember that they existed since the beginning of Pbase... maybe the oldest have been lost along the way... !?!?

:(
J-P.

dennislaska

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:28 am

And now there are times when I cannot edit the Sequence in my galleries...

ggggrrrrrr

nice!

carol202

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:01 pm

My knee (ouch):

scherrer

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:31 am

....errrr..... what the above post has to do with the thread ?

:shock:
J-P.

antheaz

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:56 am

scherrer wrote:....errrr..... what the above post has to do with the thread ?

:shock:
J-P.

uuummmmmmmmmmmmm... the first picture shows a mosquito truck full of irate pbase contributors that were tired of not seeing their stats updated daily and came disguised in this van and broke into Pbase. They sprayed the hampster with a tin of mortein bug spray whilst he was madly treadling on his little treadmill (which allowed the numbers to slowly tick over on the pbase accounts). The hampster died and was buried at the base of a tubular fence outside pbase central. Following this horrific event, pbase staff left picture and floral tributes for their friend the hampster, the second picture shows this. The hampster mysteriously rose from the dead and pushed one of the tubular fence slats aside (much like a human pushing aside a large rock), the third picture shows a night image of the event just after it happened showing the bent tubular fence.

The hampster died so that pbase could live and forever after the hampster shall be remembered for the life that he gave back to pbase. Pbase employed Road Runner to take over the treadmill, the stats mysteriously started working again, everyday and everyone was happy for ever after. The End. :D

digitalbcon

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:38 pm

I am finally adding my name to the long list of disgruntled and disillusioned patrons of this website! 6 months is long enough!
The following is a copy of the e-mail that was sent! This is not to stoke the fires that are already burning but more a reflection of the casualties that continue to mount.
"To whom it may concern!
I am not one to complain but after nearly 6 months of on-going problems, it is difficult to maintain silence any longer! I have continued to support your efforts at correcting the problems with your website. But it seems that there is either one issue or another constantly bombarding this website. I have 2 months remaining before my membership is up for renewal. I want to let you know that I will not be renewing my membership until the site is functioning properly. Although I recognize that some problems with the visitor count and other bells and whistles that have been added to the site are working better, as I said, there seems to be always something that is not functioning or up to date!! For example, I cannot do any geotagging!! Is this a feature that now is also added to the list of features that don't function properly? I have been patiently waiting for this to work and nothing! I honestly don't expect a response as this does not seem to be a priority of yours as well. But I will add this to the growing list of disgruntled and disillusioned patrons of this site!
Blair Wainman
Digitalbcon"

akmc_in_au

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:00 pm

digitalbcon wrote:For example, I cannot do any geotagging!! Is this a feature that now is also added to the list of features that don't function properly? I have been patiently waiting for this to work and nothing!

Buh?

Geotagging still works; I just added a tag to yesterday's PAD. I hardly ever use the feature since I find it to be excessively fiddly and a pain to use (not allowing locations to be copied, not allowing multiple photos to be done at trhe one time, having two fields instad of one to enter the coordinates meaning that you need to copy and paste twice...), but it does work.

The only quirk I noticed was that when I set the marker to the approximate location and zoomed in, I got a completely grey screen. After a bit of fiddling I realised that for some reason the map was dropping below the field of view so that I could only see the background. By zooming out again and dragging the map so that it centred on the screen, I was finally able to zoom in to where the marker was. Then it was a case of click and drag, click and drag, yawn and click and drag to get it into the right position.

akmc_in_au

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:15 pm

akmc_in_au wrote:
digitalbcon wrote:For example, I cannot do any geotagging!! Is this a feature that now is also added to the list of features that don't function properly? I have been patiently waiting for this to work and nothing!

Buh?

Geotagging still works; I just added a tag to yesterday's PAD.

Sorry, I should have known better than to question it when someone says that a feature doesn't work around here. :roll:

What I've been finding last night and this morning is that when I click on a geotagged image it'll take me to the correct location on the map... but the markers indicating where the photos are aren't visible. (They were (for me at least) when I made the earlier post, though that was with freshly tagged images; I don't think I checked ones that had been tagged earlier the way I have today.) I found a couple of other people's images which had been tagged; same thing. The little PBase icon in the top left (alongside the text box, the function of which isn't described on the page) keeps redrawing itself which may or may not mean "working" or "processing", but none of the markers ever seem to show up no matter how long you leave it. I've checked it in both Firefox and IE, both logged in and logged out.

Another day, another bug...

tim32225

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:36 pm

[quote
What I've been finding last night and this morning is that when I click on a geotagged image it'll take me to the correct location on the map... but the markers indicating where the photos are aren't visible. (They were (for me at least) when I made the earlier post, though that was with freshly tagged images; I don't think I checked ones that had been tagged earlier the way I have today.) I found a couple of other people's images which had been tagged; same thing. The little PBase icon in the top left (alongside the text box, the function of which isn't described on the page) keeps redrawing itself which may or may not mean "working" or "processing", but none of the markers ever seem to show up no matter how long you leave it. I've checked it in both Firefox and IE, both logged in and logged out.

Another day, another bug...[/quote]

That's the same thing that is happening to me.

akmc_in_au

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:32 pm

tim32225 wrote:[quote

Another day, another bug...

That's the same thing that is happening to me.[/quote]

Sorry, I should have put in a cross-reference there; I formally reported it last night, though I'd be surprised if they didn't know about it. (I noticed Jehan reading Q&A a day or two back when the thread was started):
http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43497

No reply so far aside from the auto-response, but it's been only about 12 hours.

carol202

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Holy C$@&! Those photos of the mosquito truck and my busted knee were supposed to be on the Show and Tell competition Forum during the controversial "Art as Vernacular" competition. No wonder I didn't win if I posted them on the wrong forum. Sorry. :oops:

funwithlight

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:17 pm

i renewed. pbase, it's all good. oh, and thanks for the extra 600mb!

sfzjohn

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm OK with most of what PBase has done with the current stats system. I have one question, it seems that the daily stats are not updated automatically as in the old days. It looks like someone at PBase has to go in and manually run an update. Will it be possible to develop a daily auto-update routine in the near future?
John Ford
:)

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns