well done

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:59 am

good to see the statistics pages again
a great improvement over the past
thanks PBase team!

dougj

Re: PBase Statistics page returns

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:02 am

Well done PBase team, the new format and information look very good.

agroni

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:32 am

thanx Pbase team...
the design looks also better the previously

cheers

mardoli

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:23 am

imorozoff wrote:Thanks for putting the images to the right.
It seems to present better and requires less scrolling.

I see the images on the right only with Firefox, with IE8 I still see all the images on the top in the middle and I have to scroll down to find the statistics .
I don't know if it's supposed to remain like that...
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

dougj

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:27 am

Marissa, I think that was the previous version of the table, try flushing your browser cache or doing a refresh, I saw the same.

nieuwburgh

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:42 am

Bonjour,
Thank you for your good work to put everything together after such a problem. Pbase is really faster and the stats are much more user friendly. I guess total pages view as they appear on the homepage will be adjusted with the actual figures recorded during stats absence. Could you confirm, unless this has been already precised on the forum.
Best regards,
Jean-Michel Peers

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:17 am

Marissa - You're right, it's not supposed to look like that. I don't have Windows/IE8 in front of me right now but I thought it worked. Maybe Doug's suggestion will help, but we'll test it ourselves and get it fixed.

Jean-Michel Peers - Yes, the total pages shown on the homepage and on the individual gallery and image pages will be corrected. Currently they are showing the total as of 24-Sep-2009.
We just have to finish merging the data from the old stats system with the new.

It took a while to get the new system in place, but we'll be able to show new kinds of information about visitors while at the same time being much less of a load on the main database server.

timstrebla

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:28 am

ckirby wrote:I believe the IE6/7 bug has been fixed. Let us know if any bugs persist.

I believe I have the same troubles. XP (service pack 2 and a bit) and IE8 squeezes everything in a column of maybe 100 pixels wide. I viewed on my work yesterday (XP sp 3, IE unknown) and that looked fine.

Hourly statistics is a very nice addition...

timstrebla

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:34 am

Wow, that's what I call a quickfix. Looking good...

dougj

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:45 am

Marisa & Slug - this worked on IE8, I also had the issue with Firefox 3.5.5, reloading the page worked on that browser version as well.

dougj

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:54 am

Here is what I see with IE8 & Vista32

I hope it helps.

nieuwburgh

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:05 pm

:D
slug wrote:Marissa - You're right, it's not supposed to look like that. I don't have Windows/IE8 in front of me right now but I thought it worked. Maybe Doug's suggestion will help, but we'll test it ourselves and get it fixed.

Jean-Michel Peers - Yes, the total pages shown on the homepage and on the individual gallery and image pages will be corrected. Currently they are showing the total as of 24-Sep-2009.
We just have to finish merging the data from the old stats system with the new.

It took a while to get the new system in place, but we'll be able to show new kinds of information about visitors while at the same time being much less of a load on the main database server.

mardoli

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:11 pm

dougj wrote:Marissa, I think that was the previous version of the table, try flushing your browser cache or doing a refresh, I saw the same.

You were quite right Doug! I refreshed the page and also in IE8 it works fine now with the same look as in FF.
Thanks to all!
Best
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

jerseyfinn

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Slug,

Thanks for the update. You've certainly had your hands full the past several weeks & kudos for getting the site fundamentally up and running quickly even if you've still got scores of tweaks and adjustments to chase after. But that's always been the nature of IS isn't it?

I've recently UL images to several galleries, & I most definitely notice the improved speed/response time. As to those counters. Let's just say that it is nice to have the counters simply so each of us has a way to get a relative gage on what our traffic is like -- though I still find critiques left by other PBasers to be the most gratifying distinction about PBase. Just my own opinion, but take all the time you want to get the counters straighted out as it's good enough for me to know that you're collecting data if not displaying all of it. I think that some folks worry too much about these counters -- yeah it's nice to watch your numbers grow, but it's all relative . . . better to keep focused upon creative photography & the artfulness of individuals which makes this site stand out from others .

I'm happy that my galleries can be found/accessed & that we're all able to get on with PBase life. Patience is a virtue, and in terms of PBase, I think that good things will indeed come to those who wait. Thanks for all of the behind-the-scenes work that yourself & your team have been wrestling with.

Barry

paninic

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Hello Slug . Just a little point. This morning I had a very nice presentation of the aggregate daily page ( numbers in white on dark grey line , as Dougj shows on his precedent post ) but now the numbers are written in white in on very clear grey, it's very difficult to read them..
But for now it(s not essential , I Like very much your new presentation and the hourly option is very interesting. I''m sure that the past days were no very easy for you and Emily but you have really made an excellent job and I'm glad to have always sayed that I'll never leave Pbase.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns