Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns

News

PBase Statistics page returns

10stephen10

Re: PBase Statistics page returns

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:28 pm

Statistical Summeries are down, yet again.

This site is so damn frustrating!!! The site is plagued with one glitch after another. It feels like Pbase is managed like a backroom website by a bunch of amateurs.

It is time for Pbase's management to step-up and show us they are professional and competent by providing reliable service on all of Pbase's basic functions!!! And, Oh Yah, COMMUNICATE!!!!!!! with it's custumers!!!!!!

SH

tgeorgephotography

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:00 pm

The stats are NOT updating again???? And we pay for this CRAP!!!!

ninaludwig

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:53 am

How about letting us know what is going on Slug? :D

digitalbcon

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:31 am

The stats have never really worked! It's just getting a little worse again! It's not going to change. There are some really great photographers here but I am getting tired of this. This bone they throw at us - increased file size for the same price - is just that...a bone!

10stephen10

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:30 am

Statistical Summeries are down, yet again & again & again.......................... Or now we only get summeries every 3 or 4 or maybe after 5 days. No one from Pbase tells us what is going on, so who knows.

And site speed, one minute page requests go quickly, the next minute I am playing solitaire waiting for my page requests!!!!! It is very obvious that this site is queuing page requests. A sign that the site overwhelmed or of poor script writting.

Fix the damn problems on this site!!!! I have put a lot of time and effort into my gallaries. I don't want to hear excuses like, "you get what you pay for" or "or poor slug is working as hard as he can".

Just make this site work!!!

SH

uih

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:11 pm

SO, the statcounter is down again. Nothing new since February 2. Some info, please!

macchap

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:48 pm

quit Pbase like I did a few months ago, no frustrations for me anymore :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

uih

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:44 pm

macchap wrote:quit Pbase like I did a few months ago, no frustrations for me anymore :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nope, don´t have the energy to move all pics. I have a Smugmug pro-account after the big crash at PBase, but that´s too worksome to handle. More like a backup at least for now. And I like my PBase buddies!

digitalbcon

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:39 pm

I've started removing images from the site! I managed to remove over half the images yesterday. When my membership comes up for renewal in 3 months they will all be gone! After 2 years of agonizing of whether to leave or not to leave, I have finally thrown in the towel. What a disgusting mess this site has become! AND its a paid site!!! How discouraging!!

uih

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:17 pm

And today it looks like everybodys stats are down to zero. Sigh...
Still not moving ;0)

sfzjohn

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:34 am

Yeah! PBase got the overall stats back online tonight ! ! ! :o))

I know everyone complains all the time, but it's a small company and is probably stretched to the max all the time. Over all, I appreciate what they do. I've thought about switching many times but PBase was my first and only photo sharing site. PBase is like family, it's not perfect but I'm hanging in. I feel at home.

jerseyfinn

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:45 am

PBase is like family, it's not perfect but I'm hanging in. I feel at home.

I concur.

I'll toss my hat into the ring regarding stats, but I do have a bit of a contrarian view. Like many here, I enjoy the ability to gauge how many folks take the time to come through my galleries to look around. But the main reason that I am here on PBase is to enjoy photography and to learn from some of the very talented photographers who share with us. I'm not going to obsess about hits and counts or anything else of the sort. That is not a reason to join PBase or to keep galleries here ( or to "remove" images as if one thinks the world turns upon a gallery's presence or absence ).

I do think that a more relevant issue is to ask what is indeed going on behind the scenes at PBase as the webmasters are surprisingly silent and there do appear to be lots of niggling issues cropping up in the background. But I say this not to castigate the management as much as I wonder about the sustainability of the PBase model which IMO still has a lot going for it even if the virtual gutters leak and the floors creak and need repair. We are afterall advertisment free and our browsing is unencumbered by the banal banter of pop up ads and other commercial intrusiveness which so typifies many photo hosting sites. And although I do not avail myself of the great flexibility that PBase has for employing my own CSS sheets for my gallery, I continue to enjoy the open-endeness and flexibility that PBase offers its members. And although it feels a bit shaky at times, I like to think that there remains a sense of community here at PBase. I would hate to lose this.

Now I have noticed the past few months a subtle change in the character of PBase. We still have that core of professionals and inspired amateurs who post and share their creative work. But I also notice the proliferation of "girlie galleries" which display marginal photo skill / creativity. I'm not sure if this is measure of the temporary flow of the moment or if it is a measure of change at PBase. And I'm not gonna criticize the aesthetic intent of these galleries other than saying that after enjoying the fantastic work by so many dedicated PBasers in all sorts of genres, I'm personally puzzled at how some folks can post comments that say "great work" and "masterful" for marginal galleries when many of us know well what truely creative work looks like measured by the work in many creative PBase galleries. So I'm not against the girlie galleries -- afterall there's a big audiance out there and the world goes round and round on sex etc., but it does get a bit tiresome to see the thumbnail bait and switch which goes on to entice visits. Good content of any kind sells itself -- and I do follow the fine work of many model shooting PBasers.

So I think we are all better off here if we concentrate more upon the art and technique of photography and less upon who has the most hits as if this is a true measure of anything ( though I do believe that the majority of the galleries listed as "most popular" do indeed earn that distinction by the cailber of the photography on display ). The true community function of PBase is taking the time to comment/critique earnestly the work of others instead of rushing around to build networks of folks who will vote for you. The again, perhaps I'm just a virtual dinosaur who is out of step with hits and counters. But I do love photography and I hope that PBase remains successful.

Barry

macchap

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:05 am

do not forget they receive 25$ or 30$ "OF EACH MEMBER" if you can no longer bring quality as in the beginning, be honest with you members, it's a basis for a webside, dont hide.......
I was a member from January 2002 until december 2010, pBase it's just like a addiction,stop before it's to late, "just my two cents" :x :oops: :mrgreen:

10stephen10

Post Sat May 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Oh Gee........................Here we go again............................No Stat summeries for 5 days..................Maybe Pbase management should spend more time making sure the basic functions of this site work.................. then trying to add new features.................just a thought or I'm just plain angry!!!!!! SH

digitalbcon

Post Sat May 21, 2011 9:57 pm

10stephen10 wrote:Oh Gee........................Here we go again............................No Stat summeries for 5 days..................Maybe Pbase management should spend more time making sure the basic functions of this site work.................. then trying to add new features.................just a thought or I'm just plain angry!!!!!! SH

I've had my account in for deletion for over a week...all images deleted and no information...still waiting...but the most amazing thing is happening in the meantime...I'm registering an average of 140 hits a day (not to difficult to watch the counter trip away on nothing)!! What a joke! I can't even get them to delete my account...I keep get messages like 'we'll get to it ASAP...pretty sad if you ask me! ...as if they think I'll be back!!

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns