Board index PBase News new feature: Password Protected Galleries

News

new feature: Password Protected Galleries

rawleygal

Post Wed May 12, 2004 1:20 am

Well I came back to say I tried it again and unless I remove the passkey the photo does not show up on the messageboard. If that is the case then this feature is utterly useless to me and I've been waiting months and months and months for it. I thought Finally! some can see the Grand Childrens gallery without ventering into other areas. I was only going to leave the gallery I wanted sent to someone without a passkey so they can just view it.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed May 12, 2004 2:04 am

no. you can't direct link to images in a password protected gallery.
otherwise people could simply add a .jpg to the URL of a password protected photo and be able to view it without knowing the password.

unsure what exactly you need that isn't already possible.
you can direct link to photos that are in galleries marked non-public, and those galleries won't show up in your list of galleries. people have to know they are there to find them.

-slug

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Did some initial tests

Post Wed May 12, 2004 3:35 am

arjunrc wrote:a) When I click on 'edit gallery' and then decide to password protect a gallery and then decide to create a new usergroup and/or passphrase, it takes me to the new passphrase page. On completing that, it stays put in the passphrase page with no option of me going back to the gallery which I wanted protected in the first place. I _can_ use the browser back button, but with pages concerning password, it does not feel 'right' (especially since after going back, I need to 'reload' the page to see the new entry created). Ofcourse, I understand, if you created the groups before, this would not be an issue, but I suspect many users will start with a gallery page trying to protect it rather than neatly creating all groups and then coming to galleries for association.

OK. Now, whenever you go to the passkey or usergroup management pages from the gallery edit page, it is easy to get back to editing your gallery. Just use the "back to gallery" link at the top of the passkey and usergroup management pages. It will take you back to your most recently viewed gallery.

-Emily

arjunrc

Post Wed May 12, 2004 2:53 pm

Thanks
regds
arjun

Endimion17

Spam

Post Tue May 25, 2004 9:51 pm

I posted a comment about KVLY TV tower and accidentaly wrote my email adress. Now I get 150 spam mails per day!

Will someone please help me? How do I delete my post?
Please help me, I don't know what to do.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed May 26, 2004 1:18 am

send an email to help@pbase.com and mention where the comment is.
which exact gallery or image. or if you don't know, mention your email address and we should be able to find it and remove it.

Endimion

Re: spam

Post Wed May 26, 2004 10:07 pm

slug wrote:send an email to help@pbase.com and mention where the comment is.
which exact gallery or image. or if you don't know, mention your email address and we should be able to find it and remove it.

I just sent the request. God I hope someone will fix it. My head (and mailbox) will burst... :(

olliemaitland

Post Thu May 27, 2004 6:50 pm

When editing a passkey it is possible to view the current password through viewing source as the actually password is set as the value. This is a bit of a security problem.

Also surely you should be encoding the passwords with md5 so noone can see what they are.

Joe

Make easy money Fast!

Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:03 pm

THIS REALLY CAN MAKE YOU EASY MONEY!! IT WORKS!!! BUT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW IT TO A LETTER FOR IT TO WORK!!!! : A little while back, I was browsing through newsgroup, just like you are now and came across an article similar to this that said you could make thousands dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of $6.00! So I thought, "Yeah, right, this must be a scam", but like most of us, I was curious, so I kept reading. : Anyway, it said that you send $1.00 to each of the 6 names and address stated in the article. You then place your own name and address in the bottom of the list at #6, and post the article in at least 200 newsgroups. (There are thousands) No catch, that was it. So after thinking it over, and talking to few people first, I thought about trying it. I figured what have I got to lose except 6 stamps and $6.00, right? Like most of us I was a little skeptical and a little worried about the legal aspects of it: All, so I checked it out with the U.S. Post Office (1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed that it is indeed legal! Then I invested the measly $6.00. Well GUESS WHAT? Within 7 days, I started getting money in the mail! I was shocked! I figured it would end soon, but the money just kept coming in. In my first week, I made about $25.00. By the end second week I had made a total over $1,000.00! In the third week I had over $10,000.00 and it's still growing. This is now my fourth week and I have made a total of just over $42,000.00 and it's still coming in rapidly. Its: Certainly worth $6.00, and 6 stamps, I have spent more than that on the lottery!! : Let me tell you how this works and most importantly, why it works? Please make sure you print a copy of this article NOW, so you can get the information off of it, as you need it.

STEP 1: Get 6 separate pieces of paper and write the following on each piece of paper "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST." Now get 6 US $1.00 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of paper so the bill will not be seen through the envelope to prevent thievery. Next, place one paper in each stating the above phrase, your name and address, and a $1.00 bill. What you are doing is creating a service by this. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses:

#1)
P. Timmons
4500 S.W. 26th street
Hollywood, fl. 33023

#2)
B. Davis
1520 N.E. 151st street apt. 103
Miami, fl. 33162

#3)
Vicman Garcialepe
6713 Pickering ave. Apt C
Whittier CA 90601

#4)
Chuck Robertson
2262 Jamestown Ln.
Carrollton, TX 75006

#5)
Lenny Viner
1 milestone Rd.
Rye Brook, NY 10573

#6)
Joe King
206 Highland Dr.
Rockford, Mi 49341

STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the other names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc.) and add YOUR Name as number 6 on the list. STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to keep this article as close to original as possible. Now, post your amended article to at least 200 newsgroups, message board. (I think there are close to 24,000 groups) All you need is 200, but remember, the more you post, the more money you make!

---- DIRECTIONS----HOW TO POST TO NEWSGROUPS, MESSAGE BOARD---

1- You do not need to re-type this entire letter to do your own posting. Simply put your cursor at the beginning of this letter and drag you’re Cursor to the bottom of this document, and select 'copy' from the edit menu. This will copy the entire letter into the computer memory.

2- Open a blank 'notepad' file and place your cursor at the top of the blank page. From the 'edit' menu select 'paste'. This will paste a copy of the letter into notepad so that you can add your name to the list.

3- Save your new notepad file as a .txt file. If you want to do your postings in different sittings, you'll always have this file to go back to.

4- Use Netscape or Internet explorer and try searching for various newsgroups (on-line forums, message boards, chat sites, discussions.) Just example you log on any search engine like yahoo.com, google.com, altavista.com or excite.com. Search with this subject "millionaire message board". You also can search "money making message board" or "employment message board" or "money making discussions" or “post replyâ€

Previous

Board index PBase News new feature: Password Protected Galleries