Board index PBase News PBase is faster now.

News

PBase is faster now.

gsansoucie

Re: PBase is faster now.

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:19 am

Is the site faster because something was done to address the speed?

Or is it faster because traffic is way down since a lot of people gave up when pbase went down for a week?

I have had to physically (in person) tell a few of my faithful followers that pbase actually came back, they all assumed the site was gone forever. I can imagine there are a lot of others in the same boat.

sulman

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:12 am

gsansoucie wrote:
I have had to physically (in person) tell a few of my faithful followers that pbase actually came back, they all assumed the site was gone forever. I can imagine there are a lot of others in the same boat.

Out of curiousity, why would your followers make such an assertion? The homepage was explicit in describing the recovery process. It was clear that there was a problem that was being worked on.

bassrock

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:15 am

gsansoucie wrote:Is the site faster because something was done to address the speed?
Or is it faster because traffic is way down since a lot of people gave up when pbase went down for a week?

I think it may be the second, it was zipping along but now is getting slower for me in the past week as more people are returning to the site and uploading again :(

jypsee

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:37 pm

People don't usually go to the homepage of the site if they're looking for my stuff; they go to the gallery. And, the note about the outage wasn't up til way late in the game.....
sulman wrote:
gsansoucie wrote:

Out of curiousity, why would your followers make such an assertion? The homepage was explicit in describing the recovery process. It was clear that there was a problem that was being worked on.

chucklantz

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:51 am

I noticed it's a bit faster, especially when moving from the galleries to the profile.

But it's been almost a month without a counter. If it's not fixed soon, I'll have to find another gallery provider.

cosmo3667

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:57 pm

These are all old posts, compared to the current issue have to say that I'm really dissapointed in the performance or lack of on the site its has been months since their last problem occurred and the site is still not back up to normal standards. Got to get better tech people working on the issue than who your currently using. and the last update to the masses is Oct 8th simply unacceptble

ronaldgjohnson

Re: PBase is faster now...NOT (Oct. 2009)

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:45 am

It loads horribly slow for me during the past week.

ninaludwig

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Faster? I can't see it, for me it is still excrutiatingly slow. What's up with the stats? It looks like no one has been on my pages for over a month.

dennislaska

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:49 pm

gsansoucie wrote:Is the site faster because something was done to address the speed?

It's faster because there is less traffic. Way less traffic. (I wonder why???)

imorozoff

Post Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:35 am

While things seeme to run nice and fast for a while, it seems painfully slow this week.
It's as bad as it's ever been.

michaelsv

Post Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:44 am

I'm getting "Pbase Is Currently Unavailable" page many times over today

bracciodiferro

Post Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:56 pm

The right answer against Slug & Co. would be to go away from here all of us.
This way we would stop to make us angry!
(Maybe the PBase guys they will ask at the time: hey what happens my friend?...)
Paolo

stilllearning

Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Thank you for your continued efforts Chuck. It has not gone unnoticed.

Gary

westerduin

Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:04 pm

PBASE will be back en better soon,thanks PBASE :D

diasdosreis

Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:29 am

Please, stop improving the site.

The better it gets the worst it works.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase is faster now.