Board index PBase News PBase is faster now.

News

PBase is faster now.

dinny

Re: PBase is faster now.

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:41 am

rubinphoto wrote:Unfortunately, PBase from here (Los Angeles) is nowhere near fast, especially when one loads "profile", "all galleries", or any gallery with more than a few pictures. These are the first landing pages one tends to get to when looking for a particular photographer. They take up to 10-15 seconds to load! By the 3rd second, most people have quit the page if they are just browsing the web to find images (creatives, ad agencies, etc). This has lasted for the past few months, so it is not overloading resulting from this Christmas time when people would upload family pictures. There really should be some testing made from important sites around the world to monitor differential loading times. Perhaps in England these problems are not seen to the same extent. I am on both Cable and T1 networks, so speed on my side is not an issue.

Don't think so mate, must be your servers. Ran a speed test = 18.4MBps (cable broadband) Picked a random gallery: http://www.pbase.com/slbravo/d700__noise, took 1-2 secs to load a pic. We have backbone connection (100Mbps) at work and it's just as fast, with 1000 users plus other traffic. Having tried some others smugmug/photobucket/flickr, can't say they didn't seem any faster.
It must also depend on image size.

Cheers

Mike

rfcd100

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:32 pm

Faster now....I DONT THINK SO !
So many of my favs have already left. It wouldnt surprise me if PBASE were looking for a buyer or sponser. They clearly can not support their own product.

shawnkraus

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:22 am

Now that Pbase is faster maybe some of the other items could be worked on like the ability for viewers to purchase images through pbase or maybe a search feature that always works .....ETC.

smith_xt

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Same terrible extremely slow loading Profile issue that's been going on for a while.

Can we ever expect this to be resolved?

rubinphoto

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:12 am

smith_xt wrote:Same terrible extremely slow loading Profile issue that's been going on for a while.

Can we ever expect this to be resolved?

I concur. The profile page is consistently and atrociously slow, even on a T1 network. Please let us know if this is being worked on.

avsphotos

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:57 pm

I agree, it is extremely slow....some status is needed for sure...

even on google chrome (which is the fastest browser) it is still very slow...

hphdk

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:30 pm

Speed and other problems.
I had observed following problem - is it only me or are other having the same experience:
Popular Photo Gallery
choosing popular photos Galleries all days
You pres: Show next 8
You can do that 4 times where after you get a blank page.
With other words I can not go further than to number 38.

Other popular gallery seems to work.

akmc_in_au

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:24 am

hphdk wrote:Speed and other problems.
I had observed following problem - is it only me or are other having the same experience:
Popular Photo Gallery
choosing popular photos Galleries all days
You pres: Show next 8
You can do that 4 times where after you get a blank page.
With other words I can not go further than to number 38.

Other popular gallery seems to work.

Discussed in this thread in the Q&A Forum:
http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 1b9ba7c3fd

hphdk

Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:38 pm

This forum is called NEWS. Quite funny because there is now news. Nearly no development, and no maintains at pbase.

soonipi1957

Pbase AGONIZINGLY SLOW the PaST fEW mONTHS

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:29 pm

Folks....

I had personally noted that acess to my pbase pages were agonizingly slow over the past month...and even far worse if I were attempting to access my profile page. It made no difference wether I was attempting this from home my laptop on the road of my office.

Last Thursday, I had a photo editor advise that they will no longer consider my work until I move to a hosting site or my own site where they would actually be able to open the pages and view my images.

What the heck is going on here?

rodg

Re: Pbase AGONIZINGLY SLOW the PaST fEW mONTHS

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Slow is putting it politely. I'm on upgraded Comcast, which should be one of the fastest servers out there, and pbase is HOPELESSLY SLOW. WTF? Idon't recommend pbase to anyone and when Flickr manages to copy my pbase folders over automatically I'll be out of here.

Rod

soonipi1957 wrote:Folks....

I had personally noted that acess to my pbase pages were agonizingly slow over the past month...and even far worse if I were attempting to access my profile page. It made no difference wether I was attempting this from home my laptop on the road of my office.

Last Thursday, I had a photo editor advise that they will no longer consider my work until I move to a hosting site or my own site where they would actually be able to open the pages and view my images.

What the heck is going on here?

roland_p

Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:21 pm

I'm disappointed about the speed of PBASE! It's sooooooo slow, that I'll definitely stop using PBASE, if there isn't any improvement shortly.

It's really a pity, that there happened no improvement since month!

lens

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:55 am

roland_p wrote:I'm disappointed about the speed of PBASE! It's sooooooo slow, that I'll definitely stop using PBASE, if there isn't any improvement shortly.

It's really a pity, that there happened no improvement since month!

I agree, it is extremely slow.

rickbricker

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:14 pm

We all agree pBase is agonizingly slow and there is no apparent attempt since this was originally posted a year or so ago.Unfortunately it seems the only people reading this thread are those of us that want this resolved.
As a footnote,to add insult to injury....I got an oops message saying I was automatically logged out and to resubmit this....
THIS IS TURNING INTO A JOKE!

akmc_in_au

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:45 pm

rickbricker wrote:We all agree pBase is agonizingly slow

No, we don't all agree on that at all. I think we can all agree that there are SOME people who have a problem with speed. There are others (myself included) who have hardly ever found PBase to be even slightly tardy.

rickbricker wrote:and there is no apparent attempt since this was originally posted a year or so ago.Unfortunately it seems the only people reading this thread are those of us that want this resolved.

It would probably be more accurate to say "are those of us who do have a problem with speed, plus Forum regulars who may or may not have such a problem". Given the number of users that PBase has, the number of people who are complaining about speed issues would not even come close to being a majority. (I say this without denying for a minute that for people who HAVE the problem, it's real.)

rickbricker wrote:As a footnote,to add insult to injury....I got an oops message saying I was automatically logged out and to resubmit this....
THIS IS TURNING INTO A JOKE!

That's explained in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38409&p=250606

In short, it has to do with the fact that there are two related logins that this Forum has to watch. I'd concur that it's an annoyance, but a pretty trivial one in the overall scheme of things.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase is faster now.