Board index PBase News PBase is faster now.

News

PBase is faster now.

dougj

Re: PBase is faster now.

Post Fri May 01, 2009 2:16 am

rickbricker wrote:We all agree pBase is agonizingly slow and there is no apparent attempt since this was originally posted a year or so ago.Unfortunately it seems the only people reading this thread are those of us that want this resolved.

We do not all agree to this, check the threads & posts and you'll see some users experience problems with speed and others do not, and some suggestions. You'll also see a reference to Flickr speed complaints in their forum. And a new one from the Zenfolio forum that I found this AM: " Yes. Performance is bad and getting worse! The site has been VERY slow lately. I left Pbase because of all the performance problems. Now I'm seeing the same problems here -- only at 4X the price of Pbase. Very dissapointing."

My take is that PBase probably has issues that impact the speed some users experience, but there is a lot of hardware and software between PBase and our keyboards and some of the problems lie there as well. The principle PBase shortcoming in this is their lack of communication with their customers IMO, some feedback and dialog would go a long way and eliminate the mushroom syndrome that prevails. These other sites provide some tools and communicate with their customers, pretty basic undertaking for any business.

moxfactor

Post Tue May 05, 2009 8:27 am

rickbricker wrote:We all agree pBase is agonizingly slow and there is no apparent attempt since this was originally posted a year or so ago.Unfortunately it seems the only people reading this thread are those of us that want this resolved.
As a footnote,to add insult to injury....I got an oops message saying I was automatically logged out and to resubmit this....
THIS IS TURNING INTO A JOKE!

i have 2415 photos in my gallery, it's not as many as some others, but it's a decent amount. and i very much disagree with your point. PBase is running ok for me most of the time, with the exception of peak hour during my timezone, which is 1800-2300 GMT+8, but that's because the entire network is slow. there are definitely some problems before, but they have been resolved for me, so i'm not one of your "we all".

pfmerlin

Post Mon May 11, 2009 1:25 am

It is amazingly so slow for a while now, specially when I am going to my profiles.
I can't wait to see any improvement as I am a pbase member for years, but thinking about changing web site.
Chears

wongtsushi

Post Wed May 20, 2009 9:37 am

The site was at sanil pace for the past two weeks, I was having trouble uploading photos.

However, some magic happened this afternoon, it is lightning fast now.

The slowness could be my ISP, I have no idea.

BTW I am from Malaysia.

wong
www.pbase.com/wtshi

pfmerlin

Post Fri May 22, 2009 3:44 am

I am fed up with the slowlyness of pbase. It is specially when I am trying to see my profile and also when uploading pictures.
It is not my provider, as when I go to see pictures from others pbasers, it is normal speed.
Is there any post somewhere explaining what is going on?
If there is a problem, I could accept it if I am aware of it, but unfortunatelly, I am not.

soenda

Post Sun May 24, 2009 4:09 am

pfmerlin wrote:I am fed up with the slowlyness of pbase. It is specially when I am trying to see my profile and also when uploading pictures.
It is not my provider, as when I go to see pictures from others pbasers, it is normal speed.
If there is a problem, I could accept it if I am aware of it, but unfortunatelly, I am not.

As I understand it, entering pBase through your profile is the slowest possible way in. The reason is that the program recalculates your statistics as you enter. If your root gallery is very large, that would slow an entry, too. Better to bookmark some other page and use that as your entry link.

I have tabbed browsing through Firefox. What I generally do is open one window to my profile and another to the forum. Long before I'm done looking over the forum, the stats have been recalculated and the profile page is open in the other tab. That won't help your impatient friends, I know, but it could make your loggin here more pleasant for you.

dougj

Post Sun May 24, 2009 5:08 am

pfmerlin wrote:I am fed up with the slowlyness of pbase. It is specially when I am trying to see my profile and also when uploading pictures.

Pascal, I just went to your profile page, it took about 5 seconds to open. I don't know if you would call that fast or slow.

akmc_in_au

Post Sun May 24, 2009 8:58 am

dougj wrote:

Pascal, I just went to your profile page, it took about 5 seconds to open. I don't know if you would call that fast or slow.

I made it about 4 seconds too. I wouldn't really expect a profile page to load much faster than that. My own one takes between 4 and 6 (including rendering the random photos).

marga_dd

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:02 pm

For the last 3 days PBase is extremely slow and I am getting time-outs constantly.
Am I the only one having problems here?

waltercarels

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Pbase is extremely slow for the last two days.
Opening profile page took me more than 30 seconds.

Viewing full statistics is even impossible (error page).

Walter

gbk

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:13 pm

I've been uploading and editing photos all this morning. It's been so frustratingly slow that I've had to walk away from my computer a few times. I'm afraid I'll damage my computer if I see one more "timed out" message. I would like to share my photos with friends, but I know that they won't have the patience that I've had to muster. What is it with this intolerable crap? My computer is a new gaming machine, and I haven't seen anything but blazing speed from All other websites.

Gordon

bigjonski

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:42 pm

still can't access stats,message tells me pbase taking to long to respond>>>>>>>????????

akmc_in_au

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:01 pm

bigjonski wrote:still can't access stats,message tells me pbase taking to long to respond>>>>>>>????????

Jehan (PBase Admin) posted about this in the Q&A Forum a couple of hours after your post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41697

Short version, it should be fixed now.

(Mind you, I'm not sure that I believe the stats that I'm seeing; they look nothing like my StatCounter numbers (too high, and for the wrong images), but that's why I always ignore the PBase stats.)

Aside from that the site itself has been working normally (for me at least) since about 4pm yesterday (17 hours now, give or take). It would be nice to see an explanation from the owners of what happened over Sunday/Monday... but I'm not holding my breath.

madlights

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:24 am

I think the gerbils started running on their treadmill again. Maybe one of them replaced the AA battery they charge with their little gerbil generator (a gerbilator?). :wink:

caeclyd

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:49 am

Is there a performance update soon ?

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase is faster now.