Board index PBase News PBase is faster now.

News

PBase is faster now.

chrishadden

Re: PBase is faster now.

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:56 am

Thanks for the recent update - it's good to be getting back to normal again!

fschoch

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Slug,

Thank you for the updates. We also want a successful PBase.

coppertop

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Just want to tip my hat to the PBase team for all the work they have done to get PBase up and running again. I know it's been frustrating on every front but you've done a good job.

maria263

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:55 pm

Dear Slug and Emily,

Please don't be downhearted. pBase is so special, and would be nothing without the pair of you.
You must have been distraught with the problems but I would think that most pBase friends are sending you good wishes.
(It is a bit strange seeing zero hits but here's hoping they will all magically reappear soon...unless...gulp...no-one is tracking :shock:

When this glitch is over, remember to chill.

Regards,

Mary Bowles (maria263)

larsjohnsson

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:32 am

slug wrote:We're very sorry about the recent performance problems. Things are running smoothly now and we can get back to improving the software.
There was a combination of sporadically failing hardware that caused difficulty isolating the problem.
In the process, we've replaced/upgraded network switches and load balancers.
Also, we've made a lot of improvements to our system monitoring software which helps us detect most problems before they happen.
I apologize for my lack of progress reporting which unfortunately spawns many wild theories.

Chuck Neel
slug@pbase.com

:( :(
How can you say "Things are running smoothly now" :roll: :(

The statistics and hit-counter have not been working in the last 1½ month. And doesn't work today either............................... :x

taivo

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:53 am

Slug - When will all the "new exciting features" and the fix for statistics be completed? In all your updates, you kept mentioning "coming soon", but an elapsed time of 1.5 months is not "soon".

dhfreriks

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:45 pm

I understand s*** happens and it's probably been just an inconvenience for most of us. But, excuses like " communication is not one of my strong points" are no excuses. I don't understand all the technical issues and I don't even care to, but when we all repeatedly get promises things are going to be back online shortly.... or in a couple of days... and two weeks later there is nothing yet.... and no further communication.... I am sorry.... that is just plain poor business practice. In todays age, no major website should be completely down for a good week to start with. Period. Needed upgrades and backups should be done before the whole site blows up and not after. I know..... we can all take the many hours/days it would take to migrate all of our stuff to another site, which many of us have done or at least thought about. But, frankly it's a major pain in the rear end to do it and pbase is a nice, attractive site minus the outages and promised upgrades that don't appear or take weeks and months longer than we have been told. If the owners of pbase aren't capable of keeping a site of this size running or even making an average attempt to communicate to their customers then maybe it's time for them to consider looking for other options to keep this site working. Nothing personal..... I can't imagine the work that goes into keeping something like this going but no other internet site I frequent has this serious of issues for such extended times.

rtwo

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Slug .. thanks for your efforts. I do note that commenting is much, much faster. This is terrific and it encourages me to stay with you.
Robin Reid
"Lets snap to it" <grin>

richbarnett

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:42 am

I see old ways returning! The pas few days PBASE is running very slow again....

I thought this was fixed?????????????????????

I have had about enough

antidote3

Pbase is really SLOOOW

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:59 am

It has been for the last 2 weeks?!!?! What is happening?

billinchapelhill

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Today pBase is wonderfully fast for me. My profile page just pops right up. Boy would I love to see this level of speed on a regular basis.

ac

Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:30 pm

[quote="tvw"]Today Pbase isn't as fast as the last 2 days. :(
lol

dennislaska

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:15 pm

Faster then a turtle on dial up :0)

more like a turd

thanks for making it faster slug

it's how many months since this site went down???

you have got to be kidding

antony_swiderski

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Pbase faster? All day, today it is as fast as a turd in a narrow tube, against a very steep slope.

dennislaska

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:05 am

antony_swiderski wrote:Pbase faster? All day, today it is as fast as a turd in a narrow tube, against a very steep slope.

True today. And the other days it's always something. I thought this year would be better. Not! :(

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase is faster now.