Board index PBase News PBase Updates

News

PBase Updates

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Re: PBase Updates

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:39 pm

You may have noticed that I've been having some difficulties with the forum lately. They've been going down a lot recently. We thought it was because MySQL was having difficulty keeping up with the number of sessions table inserts possibly because search engine bots didn't have user_ids and so they were creating dozens of sessions in short amounts of time. I made the bots some user ids, but the forum still goes down. Sometimes a single IP seems to create many sessions very quickly (one person created 1700 sessions in 150 seconds). There is an update to the forum software that I attempted to get today, but getting the update brought the forums down, so I was overly hasty to get it back up and other problems arose once it came back up. I'm going to attempt to update again tonight when the forums may not be so busy and I won't feel rushed.

NoOutlet

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:14 am

Okay, the update is finished. I'm a little concerned that there may be inconsistencies where my code was over-written by the new phpBB code, so if you notice any irregularities, please mention it to me.

dougj

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:14 am

Thanks for keeping us updated, and the great job with the forums.

jmsprophoto

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:38 pm

Am I the only one having problems with Pbase being exceptionally slow the last 2-3 days?

I can switch to other sites and even link to 4 or 5 different sites during the time while I wait for a Pbase page to load. Sometimes the page comes up with the background color in white.

I have this problem when uploading images or viewing the site.

Joe

nitroimage

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi Joe,

No, I don't think it's unique to you, as I'm also experiencing slow loading times, although I uploaded a new gallery on Monday without any problems, my overall Pbase site has been loading very slowly yesterday and today.

Blair

srijith

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:24 pm

nooutlet wrote:my code was over-written by the new phpBB code, so if you notice any irregularities, please mention it to me.

Learnt it the hard way once. From then on I wrote the changes as plugins. Was a different forum s/w but it should not be that different in phpbb.

ckoi7lumiere

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:41 pm

OK....now, is it just me or is it PBase.... All i see in my contact list, and my own newly downloades images are ONLY one blank rectangle with the little red x.

Where is the problem PBase or my computer?

enjayel

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:54 pm

The site is having problems...
Thumbnails are not being made and/or regenerating properly, and it can't seem to get the sizing options in the right order at the moment..
This has happened fairly often lately - but for me anyway, it seems to fix itself eventually...

rottweiler

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:11 pm

having the same problems here, thumbnails just showing red x, some show just original size, no selection for anything else, deleted them, reloaded, same problem

marga_dd

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:44 pm

Same problem here. Can't make thumbnails after uploading images. And although it says ' ready' no pictures are showing.
PBase is also very slow at the moment

cits_4_pets

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:15 pm

This AM I uploaded a few shots into various galleries and got some new thumbnails but last posted image just get a box saying 'Generating Thumbnails'...click on it the photo has been uploaded. Pocahontas the rat is not happy her bald-scalped face is not showing up as a thumbnail...LOL

Flo
www.pbase/cits_4_pets
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

deutsch

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:27 pm

Thanks for the update. I thought I configured something wrong when I uploaded today. No thumbnails being generated at all. Just the "X" as mentioned.

andrys

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:15 am

For at least the last half-hour (didn't try earlier) my Favorites page has shown only this:

faves page image as I see it

emmelafoto

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:13 am

That is what I see too. (Although with other favourites, of course.)
gr. Maaike

falcon8826

Re: Question for Admin or Tech support

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been with Pbase for years and have in general found it pretty good.

Could someone update your loyal supporters as to what is being done about missing images, x's where they should be, and the terrible slowness lately?

Specifically what the issue is, and when it is likely to be resolved.

Thanks very much,

Dan

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase Updates