Board index PBase News New Team at PBase

News

New Team at PBase

fatyellowlab

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:50 am

I am mad at these free photo hosting places, as they have lost a lot of stuff of my classmates. I do back my stuff up with iPhoto and DVDs on my Macs.
So I am quoting what I put here,,,,,,,

http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/ ... eply303949
Look towards the end of this, as I have had my say, no more freebies for me and my classmates. (Most of us are pbase anyway.)
Jane

getg3

Re: Anyone else getting a lot of spam?

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:46 pm

falcon8826 wrote:I seem to be getting tons of spam comments lately. Is there any way to prevent this shy of just continually checking and deleting?

Deeply appreciate any thoughts!

Dan

http://www.pbase.com/falcon8826

This is the sort of thing:

ro179ck new687@gmail.com gallery - A Fisher Cat hide | delete 01-Sep-2007 02:21:29
m632k

ro6ck new324@gmail.com gallery - A Fisher Cat hide | delete 01-Sep-2007 01:17:22
m762k

ro63ck new872@gmail.com gallery - A Fisher Cat hide | delete 01-Sep-2007 00:10:04
m621k

ro722ck new256@gmail.com gallery - A Fisher Cat hide | delete 31-Aug-2007 23:04:35
m432k

ro628ck new229@gmail.com gallery - A Fisher Cat hide | delete 31-Aug-2007 21:59:46
m116k

ro17ck new506@gmail.com gallery - A Fisher Cat hide | delete 31-Aug-2007 20:56:17
m465k

ro901ck new31@gmail.com gallery - A Fisher Cat hide | delete 31-Aug-2007 19:52:23
m424k

I got similar spam comments on my "My Favorites" gallery. Every now and then I have to delete them :( .

jengle

Features!!! Get them soon

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:28 am

I've been waiting a long time for new features that have real meat here at Pbase. Things like the ability to map EXIF/IPTC data to caption and title fields (Smugmug does!) Professional printing services (Smugmug does!) Easy way to sell photographs (Smugmug does!) These are three basic services that mean something. I don't know who rated the top wish list for you to work on, but I gave up adding any requests for features a long time ago.

Why don't I move to Smugmug? I do believe in Pbase and the team here, but it's time to anti up. Don't be CHEAP though. I don't mind paying for what I get; but I want more than I have.

Glad to hear more help is on board. :) And thanks for the years of support.

armalite44

Post Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:59 pm

Congrats now maybe you can get rid of those damn random pictures in the profile that show up in password protected galleries. I just had some more show up. I think it's time to get my own site where I know that the pictures I have password protected will NOT show up anywhere, sheesh!
John

kstuebin

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:24 am

armalite44 wrote:Congrats now maybe you can get rid of those damn random pictures in the profile that show up in password protected galleries. I just had some more show up. I think it's time to get my own site where I know that the pictures I have password protected will NOT show up anywhere, sheesh!

Well, that explains something for me. I got a comment on a photo in a password protected gallery and I couldn't figure out how someone could see it without the password. It must've shown up as a random photo.

It's not a big deal but if I have a password on a gallery, it's usually for a reason. Like it's a photo of people or events, I don't have permission to make publically viewable. And the photos are there so specific people I give the password can look at them.

camera0bug

Re: Features!!! Get them soon

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:08 am

jengle wrote:I've been waiting a long time for new features that have real meat here at Pbase. Things like the ability to map EXIF/IPTC data to caption and title fields (Smugmug does!) Professional printing services (Smugmug does!) Easy way to sell photographs (Smugmug does!) These are three basic services that mean something. I don't know who rated the top wish list for you to work on, but I gave up adding any requests for features a long time ago.

Will we ever have the ability to sell our photos here?

I'm hoping this is at the top of the priority list, just under quick and reliable servers.

Welcome aboard to the new employees!
(...well, almost new anyway)

8)

http://www.pbase.com/camera0bug

platscha

Not a happy customer at all at rthis point

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:30 am

I am a member of a So Cali camera club of over 300 members, I am always singing the praises of pbase, I am beginning to think this was a big mistake. I have serious problems with being unable to upload or delete images in my galleries, I am paid up for 11 mos so money is not the issue, I get a forbidden access to server error message, what is worse is the total lack of communication from pbase, I have tried for many days and many emails with absolutely no reponse from pbase.

I have resisted for long to change over to smug mug but maybe the writing is on the wall. :evil: :evil: :evil:

win13

No Problems with Pbase in Thailand

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:35 pm

Welcome to Nooutlet, Ckirby and Nkirby.

Have no problems with Pbase, up-loading and viewing.

Keep up the great.

win13

jenista

here 's best!!

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:17 pm

thank a lot for this site for share every idea and show beautiful picture in the greatest galleries :D
To know about Surgery , Insurance , Loans , Make Money Onlike and etc. Just all about that here !! http://www.flixya.com/user/Surgery

smith_xt

Re: New Team at PBase

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:06 pm

nooutlet wrote:Greetings Pbasers!

I'm happy to inform you all that ckirby, nkirby and myself are three all new programmers here at Pbase.com.

We are here to replace ctstone who will be leaving here at the end of the month. With the extra manpower, we hope to solve many of the issues that have gone unfixed until now.
This may still take some time as we get adjusted to the inner-workings of the system.

This should be an exciting time for Pbase.com and its supporters, just as it's an exciting time for all three of us to be working on a site with such a committed userbase.

Pbase Dev Team

So its going on almost a year now and after recent months of on going slowness in all areas of the website. How long before we can expect the "many of the issues that have gone unfixed until now." to be rectified?

bilsen

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:39 pm

Intersting that nothing substantial (at least that I can see or use) has happened in a year. I'm due to re-up this month and I'm not at all sure I'm going to.

johncarol

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:20 am

Well it is going on 3 months now and the new team seems to have done nothing. Stats still barel work if at all, slowness just gets worse in the US. Maybe this is an EU only site?

I jsut want to be able to upload and see my photos.

isolaverde

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:45 am

johncarol wrote:Well it is going on 3 months now and the new team seems to have done nothing. Stats still barel work if at all, slowness just gets worse in the US. Maybe this is an EU only site?

I jsut want to be able to upload and see my photos.

As do we all!

I think you'll find that the only way in which this is a EU only site is in so far as its performance only reaches a reliably good standard whilst the majority of its US members are asleep!

At the moment, (06:43 in Italy, 04.43 GMT, or - if I've calculated this right - 01:43 in New York, and about 20:43 on your West Coast) it's perfectly fine here, which I put down to there being little activity coming from you guys just now?

In the same way, I'm one of only 4 members on the Forums, whereas - I imagine - they too will also get busier in a few hours time!

Peter

kentc

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:58 am

Seems like most of the problems with slowness and missing images started right around the time that this 'new team' started. Take a look at the Q&A forum and track back on these problems. Here's was a major slowdown time:

http://form.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33190

After that a bunch of Red X threads and images, thumbs, galleries not showing, all the way up through the current slowness issue.

weigertj

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:47 pm

I haven't seen any significant changes in the last few years. Pbase should have many new features, including a DSLR video upload option. This is the future.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Team at PBase