Board index PBase News support for extremetracking.com and Google Analytics

News

support for extremetracking.com and Google Analytics

tcom

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:48 am

scottmiron wrote:
With the code examples I posted in my previous post it looks like all that PBase would have to do is add an additional info box to my profile page that asks for the source address of our invisible icon (ie http://nht-2.extreme-dm.com/n2.g?login= ... =n&pv=)

Scott

I guess you are right. I should have:
http://nht-2.extreme-dm.com/n3.g?login= ... =n&pv=

but with the actual pbase settings, not a single visit is tracked.

dang

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:24 am

Sorry, yes... you're right. I should have said for free accounts.
Also, isn't there a box to check if you're using a paid account? I'll have to look again.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

update to extremetracking support

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:12 pm

I was able to get some information from the guys at extremetracking.com and fix the problems you've been having.

We've changed the method for entering your extremetracking information since there are many variables.
Now, go to your account settings page, and simply paste your entire extremetracking javascript into the box.
When you hit the Update button, we examine it and extract the appropriate variables and remember them to generate the code for your pages properly.

Hope to hear that you're seeing results now.

-slug

tcom

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:01 pm

These changes solved the problem, and not only does extremetracking work again, it works even much better as before, as it also logs the hits on the photos.

Thank you slug for these changes.

scottmiron

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:21 pm

WooHoo! ET is working great for me as well...Big thank you Slug!

scottmiron

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:09 pm

Whoops, I spoke too soon. It looks like everything is tracking perfectly on images, but none of the gallery pages are tracking. The code does appear to be slightly different on the galleries, something in there is stopping up the works.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks again for all the work on this guys :)

tcom

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:07 am

I spoke too soon as well. You are correct, images are tracked, but not the galleries.

I have just compared the codes generated on image pages and gallery pages, and the javascript part of the galleries is commented.

tcom

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:38 am

It is fixed now, Extremetracking now logs both gallery and photo.

sgidude

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:43 am

Nice job, putting the javascript for google analytics in the gallery description was always a "hack" and you missed all the photo hits.

Tks for all the work.

scottmiron

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:08 pm

Thanks Slug, ET seems to be working flawlessly now.

ralph

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:16 am

For what it's worth my extremetracking IS NOT working properly nor has it been since the change. Am I to assume pbase is going to do something on its own that will allow extremetracking (mine for instance!) to work again?

http://www.pbase.com/ralph

photopropaganda

Statcounter is working properly but with a big BUT :-)

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:50 pm

Thanks for all the efforts to make stats really stats. :-)
However, there is a small problem with the Statcounter tracking.
"Non-existent gallery specified in URL. Displaying photopropaganda's root gallery"

The above text is showing up at the top in my root gallery (...where all the galleries are) It's in dark grey, so it's not an eye catcher, still any ideas how to get rit of it are really appreciated! :-)

Michel

Keep up the good work!

dougj

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:47 am

Slug & Co. - Thanks for the great job with statistic counters. This took awhile but the implementation is excellent.

photopropaganda

Re: Statcounter is working properly but with a big BUT :-)

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:12 pm

Problem solved mysterically...with some help probable :-)

photopropaganda wrote:Thanks for all the efforts to make stats really stats. :-)
However, there is a small problem with the Statcounter tracking.
"Non-existent gallery specified in URL. Displaying photopropaganda's root gallery"

The above text is showing up at the top in my root gallery (...where all the galleries are) It's in dark grey, so it's not an eye catcher, still any ideas how to get rit of it are really appreciated! :-)

Michel

Keep up the good work!

dejan

belstat support

Post Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:14 am

Any plans of providing similar support for Belstat (http://www.belstat.com) counter?

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News support for extremetracking.com and Google Analytics