Board index PBase News support for statcounter.com

News

support for statcounter.com

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

support for statcounter.com

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:24 pm

We've added support for statcounter.com's statistics services.

Since we wanted to get this online as soon as possible, you'll find the configuration at the bottom of your account settings page at http://www.pbase.com/account
We have a much nicer looking account settings page almost ready for release, so in a week or so, you'll find a prettier version waiting.

To configure statcounter, just enter the three variables: Project, Partition, and Security.

You can get these values by looking at the code supplied by statcounter on their control page.
Code: Select all
<!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var sc_project=212793;
var sc_partition=27;
var sc_security="4438a2eb";
//-->

On the PBase account settings page, you'd fill in 212793 for Project, 27 for Partition, and 4438a2eb for Security.
Edit: note, these numbers are just an example. You should use the values provided to you by statcounter.com

As soon as you hit the Update button, statcounter will be active.
You could see the statcounter code appearing at the bottom of your galleries and image pages if you were to view the page html.

Support for Google Analytics, and ExtremeTracker will follow.

-Slug
Last edited by slug on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

karenmickleson

Re: support for statcounter.com

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:56 pm

slug wrote:On the PBase account settings page, you'd fill in 212793 for Project, 27 for Partition, and 4438a2eb for Security.

As soon as you hit the Update button, you should see the statcounter code appearing at the bottom of your galleries and image pages.

To clarify: I do *not* enter my own, personal account, partition and security code numbers assigned to me at Statcounter, but rather the ones you give above? (This doesn't make much sense to me, but I'm a novice at code.)

ctstone
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:58 pm

karenmickleson wrote:
slug wrote:On the PBase account settings page, you'd fill in 212793 for Project, 27 for Partition, and 4438a2eb for Security.

As soon as you hit the Update button, you should see the statcounter code appearing at the bottom of your galleries and image pages.

To clarify: I do *not* enter my own, personal account, partition and security code numbers assigned to me at Statcounter, but rather the ones you give above? (This doesn't make much sense to me, but I'm a novice at code.)

The numbers slug provided above are just an example. You should use the values assigned to you by statscounter.com.
Chris
Pbase Team

karenmickleson

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:03 pm

ctstone wrote:The numbers slug provided above are just an example. You should use the values assigned to you by statscounter.com.

Thanks, Chris. That's what I did, but I didn't see anything showing up at the bottom of my gallery pages, so wasn't sure I'd done the right thing. (I'd rather *not* see anything about Statcounter there, so that's ok, as long as the method is working behind the scenes.)

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:05 pm

That's right, you won't see anything visible on your pages.

But if you used your browser's View Source option, you would be able to see the statcounter code at the very bottom of the page.

Also you could just go view a few of your pages, and check the results back at statcounter.com's to verify that it's working.

-Slug

tsienni

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:48 pm

It works very fine from my part. I appreciate the simplicity how this statcounter was incorporated into my Pbase site.

Thanks, Slug.

magazine

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:26 pm

*Thanks!*

regds
arjun

dang

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:32 pm

Thanks for taking care of the vulnerability problem, and many thanks for getting statcounter going again (as it's among my favorite options). The new improvements are much appreciated, and so is the "Up" time since you've added the new equipment. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new additions as you guys get them going.

capercaillie

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:34 pm

Thanks, Slug.

reflectionsbyruth

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:19 am

thanks Slug and CStone for the fast response.
I saw the message on my account early this morning before I left work but wasn't expecting such a fast and easy resolution.

arjunrc

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:27 am

Question on your code:

It looks like you have hardcoded the c28 statcounter server like so:
src="http://c28.statcounter.com/counter.php"

Should this not be just statcounter.com to take advantage of its loadbalanced cluster ? c28 seems to be taking time.

rgds
arjun
--
I don't check forums very often these days, so if you need to get a response from me, please send me an email (see my profile) and NOT a PM.

mclew

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:30 am

:)
Thanks for the speedy fix for the use of Statcounter on our galleries!
Your site is a joy to use and I appreciate the work that goes into making it easy for us, as well as beautiful for visitors.

Will the general announcement regarding JS eventually disappear from our gallery view? I know it's only visible to us, but distracting nevertheless.

Margaret Lew

dang

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:36 am

Margaret wrote:
Will the general announcement regarding JS eventually disappear from our gallery view? I know it's only visible to us, but distracting nevertheless.

By removing the old codes in your descriptions, it's gone. Guess since we've installed manually, it's necessary to remove manually. :wink:

mclew

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:04 am

Thanks Tom,

I was planning to remove the extra code and this is an added incentive to do the housekeeping.

Margaret

shawnkraus

Good to see

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:08 am

Good to see Pbase cares about getting statistical Stat Counter back and running but doesn't seem to care that they got rid of alot of items that made the sites better and attracted more people to them. Glad that peoples hard work seems to mean nothing to PBASE!

Next

Board index PBase News support for statcounter.com