Board index PBase News New Feature: Pbase Feeds

News

New Feature: Pbase Feeds

bjervik
 
Posts: 2


Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:45 pm


Have you guys seen http://www.piclens.com/site/firefox/win/?

I've tried it on a friends flickr account and it's pretty cool but the site need to have "media rss" not only a rss feed.

Do you know if there is Rss media coming to pBase as well, it wold be really nice to have a cool slide show of you pictures available at all times and always updated with your latest pics.

jhatvany
 
Posts: 176

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:11 pm


I was wondering if someone could give me some help. I am using Google reader and it was working fine in the past, I could see new images in the reader. I think they did some kind of update and now I can't see the images, just the headers (I think) or text. Do I have something set wrong somewhere or does this just not work anymore? Any help would be appreciated, I really liked it when the reader worked.

Thanks in advance, Julie

janniklindquist
 
Posts: 139

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:18 am


jhatvany wrote:I was wondering if someone could give me some help. I am using Google reader and it was working fine in the past, I could see new images in the reader. I think they did some kind of update and now I can't see the images, just the headers (I think) or text. Do I have something set wrong somewhere or does this just not work anymore? Any help would be appreciated, I really liked it when the reader worked.

Thanks in advance, Julie


Yes, this problem is driving me nuts. I was relying heavily on Google Reader to browser Pbase-images.I don't have any problems browsing FotoTime, Flickr, SmugMug or Picasa Web Albums using Google Reader - only Pbase.

imagemakers
 
Posts: 4

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:17 pm


This is really nice! I would like to know if there is a way to set up an rss for just one gallery, or a way to eliminate hidden galleries from showing up? (I've seen this question asked on this thread, but no answers?)

imagemakers
 
Posts: 4

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:39 pm


[quote][/quote]

Ok, I figured out how to filter using Yahoo Pipes, but now I'm seeing that this rss feed is not pulling in any blog entries if there are no photos associated with them. Any work around for this?

imagemakers
 
Posts: 4

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:25 pm


imagemakers wrote:
Ok, I figured out how to filter using Yahoo Pipes, but now I'm seeing that this rss feed is not pulling in any blog entries if there are no photos associated with them. Any work around for this?


Here is the gallery I'm talking about . ..http://www.pbase.com/imagemakers/announcements

bluemars
 

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:17 pm


Hi there!

Can anybody tell me how and where can I put the feeds? I'm new to the RSS thing ( :oops: ) so... any help there?

thanks :wink:

Marisa

andrys
 
Posts: 2701

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:58 am


Yes, I used to count on the little photos to let me know which ones I wanted to jump to when people have a LOT I need to catch up with.

Is the photo portion of this feed dead now?

skinnyorangecat
 
Posts: 3

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:21 am


andrys wrote:Yes, I used to count on the little photos to let me know which ones I wanted to jump to when people have a LOT I need to catch up with.

Is the photo portion of this feed dead now?


I agree - I was hoping this feature would come back. It made going through the comments posted to active groups easier to go though with a small image to refresh my memory.

sbbish
 
Posts: 282

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:04 pm


I know this is just one more thing that PBase admin probably hasn't had time to work on, but I'd really like the RSS feeds to continue. They've pretty much been down since "The Crash". They started working briefly around October 26th, but haven't been back since.

Please consider adding this to your list of repairs. It's the best way I've found for keeping up with ALL new photos posted by my favorite photogs.

Thanks,
Scott

mohanr
 
Posts: 1

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:57 am


Anything on this feeds yet?..will it ever work again?
Mohan

lschell
 
Posts: 60

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:12 pm


BUMP

Anything on this feeds yet? Will it ever work again?

sbbish
 
Posts: 282

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:47 pm


For a brief moment this weekend, I started receiving the RSS Feeds again. I was hoping this feature had come back online. But alas, nothing has happened since.

lschell
 
Posts: 60

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:02 pm


Well, it seems to be working, finally, but not without bugs.

What is the difference now between
http://feeds.pbase.com/feeds/lschell/photos.atom and
http://feeds.pbase.com/feeds/lschell/galleries.atom?

I don't see any. :roll:

sbbish
 
Posts: 282

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:40 pm


lschell wrote:Well, it seems to be working, finally, but not without bugs.

What is the difference now between
http://feeds.pbase.com/feeds/lschell/photos.atom and
http://feeds.pbase.com/feeds/lschell/galleries.atom?

I don't see any. :roll:


It's still not working like it used to. It used to provide an update for every newly uploaded photo in the feed and clicking it would take you to that new image. Now it just takes you to the Recent Gallery and you still have to find the new one.

It's also not updating feeds very regularly. Just a few every so often.

I really miss this feature working. :(

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest