News

New Feature: Statistics Pages

dang

Post Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:55 pm

andrys wrote:
Add another 'vote' for charging maybe $2 add'l per month
for good referrer stats. That alone would make $47/year

Or, if enough people would pay for it, only $1 add'l per month
for the good referrer stats. That'd make $35/yr.

Vote

yardbird

Excellent!

Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:13 am

Allright! I take a week off, go on vacation and return and what do I find? A shiny new feature!

Three cheers to the Pbase gang!

Karthik

win13

Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:46 am

8)

Excellent new feature

Thank you very BIG

Win

goislands

Great! Thanks!

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:29 am

...I still remember the old version, with the vertical red bars! Than stats.pbase.com went blank for a long time...

This new remake is simply superb, it tops the old version in all aspects. It is absolutely great that you found a peforming solution for this complex display.

Thanks a lot!

Thomas

ngruev

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:53 am

slug wrote:The other related question people have is "Where are these people coming from?"
This we don't have the tools to answer for you yet.
-slug

First I would like to commend you for the work you do. The latest, the new way statistics are represented is just wonderful.
Up until about a month ago, I had my own statistics scripts installed and running, offered for free by Webstat4u.com. Here is an example of a statistic, that interest me as much as yours if not more. http://www.webstats4u.com/s?tab=1&link=3&id=2794361&cou=all
My question is why did you disable my statistics scripts without any notification and couldn't it run in parallel with yours?
What was the problem now, that it wasn't a problem for the past couple of years?
Thanks

jm306sr

Sugerencia

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:55 am

Felicitaciones , excelente las estadisticas.
Algunas sugerencias :

* Agregar una opcion para volver a la pagina principal o al root.
* Posibilidad de ver la estadistica de las imagenes mas visitadas.

En acceso por paises , visualizar tambien la fotos mas recientes por autor.

Yo agrego codigo HTML a mi pagina , si es que podrian ampliar esa ventana para visualizar mas el codigo.

Saludos

Pepo http://www.pbase.com/jm306sr

English...

Congratulations.
Excellent the statistics. Some suggestions:
* To add an option to return to the main page or root.
* Possibility of seeing the statistic of imagenes more visited.

In access by countries, to also visualize the most recent photos by author.

I add HTML code to my page, if she is that they podrian to extend that window to visualize plus the code.

Regards

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:04 pm

ngruev,
I disabled various kinds of javascript because because of malicious uses of it and to stop popup ads. This is completely unrelated to any kind of statistics.
Apologies if this interferes with legitimate uses of javascript, but there are various security risks by allowing untrusted javascript. Not to mention privacy concerns.
-slug

dang

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:48 pm

I disabled various kinds of javascript because because of malicious uses of it and to stop popup ads.

I appreciate this specific explanation. I'd forgotten about the "pop up" problem some webstats were causing, and the reluctance of many to changing statcounters or not knowing pop ups happened. I hadn't really considered tracking cookies being installed by outside sources either. I'd have taken the dissable of counters much easier had this been said from the start. Sorry for being so dang senile! :oops: The explanation really means more to me than the new features, and helps make the restriction more understandable. Put simply, the best new feature of late is having more presence of admin in the forum!
Thanks!!!!!!
:)

dkite

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:28 pm

Guys. this is a really interesting, not to mention useful addition.

Just to indulge my ego though, is there any way you could do something similar with the number of votes etc a photo receives?

Dominic.

altofran

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:56 am

slug wrote:ngruev,
I disabled various kinds of javascript because because of malicious uses of it and to stop popup ads. This is completely unrelated to any kind of statistics.
Apologies if this interferes with legitimate uses of javascript, but there are various security risks by allowing untrusted javascript. Not to mention privacy concerns.
-slug

I'm "glad" that everyone is in "sheep" mode by applauding the new stats and forgetting that the admins had no respect what so ever for the users (customers) and banned JavaScript, thus the stats of many users, without any warning, and also without providing the same level of service, meaning detailed stats, and not only aggregates.

Slug, I always liked your work on PBase, but this time you screwed up. And until you provide detailed stats (see list below) on the visitors like StatCounter that I've been using for a long time, you are providing a poor service on this matter (i.e. Stats).

I've sent a private message to Emily two days ago, and no response until now?

Here are the data I used to have before, and would like to see on PBase stats. And bring the privacy issue because Yahoo, Google and most websites use cookies and JavaScript to get detailed visitor stats. If someone is really worried about his/her privacy, he/she can change the settings of the browser to get that.

Have a nice evening.

Date
Time
Browser
OS
Resolution
Country
Host Name
Web Page
Referring Link

An example of a visitor to my webpage:

Date: 31 May 2006
Time: 00:32:29
Browser: MSIE 6.0
Resolution: 1280x1024
Host Name: p1018-ipbf408sasajima.aichi.ocn.ne.jp ( 222.145.198.18 )
Web Page: http://pbase.com/nacef
Referring link: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=nac ... arch&meta=

jm306sr

Re: Sugerencia

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:11 am

jm306sr wrote:Felicitaciones , excelente las estadisticas.
Algunas sugerencias :

* Agregar una opcion para volver a la pagina principal o al root.
* Posibilidad de ver la estadistica de las imagenes mas visitadas.

En acceso por paises , visualizar tambien la fotos mas recientes por autor.

Yo agrego codigo HTML a mi pagina , si es que podrian ampliar esa ventana para visualizar mas el codigo.

Saludos

Pepo http://www.pbase.com/jm306sr

* A la espera de alguna respuesta *

English...

Congratulations.
Excellent the statistics. Some suggestions:
* To add an option to return to the main page or root.
* Possibility of seeing the statistic of imagenes more visited.

In access by countries, to also visualize the most recent photos by author.

I add HTML code to my page, if she is that they podrian to extend that window to visualize plus the code.

Regards

castledude

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:12 pm

To return to the home page of your account. You can always push the home "button" in the upper right of any page. (Next to the logout "button")

Clicking on the thumbnail of an image on the stat page shows another stat page for that is dedicated to that image.

Clicking on a thumbnail of a gallery does the same and gives you a page of stats for the pictures in the gallery.

(Hopefully jm206sr can read english or somebody else can translate for me).

ltobias

Post Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:22 pm

slug wrote:ngruev,
-slug

The user can use popup ads blocker. You can find this tool in many browser. For that we don't need PBase!

Privacy concerns! I hope it's not because of cookies! nacef wrote it. Many pages use cookies. Also in many browser you can choose if you want them. Again no problem and no need to act.

No webhost would disable JavaScript!

Take a look at the two threads "Right-click feature disabled, now not working" and "What happened to my stat counter!" in the "Questions and Answers" forum. They got together more than 8000 views. So it's important for many PBase users.

PBase should think over their decision.

Leif Tobias

donrobodroid

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:58 pm

Hey, guys!

As slug already stated, the new statistics feature isn't related at all to the problems you're experiencing with your old scripts.

This being said, just out of curiosity: how can a HTMLpage disable the use of JavaScript in my browser? :o

Cheers,
-Don [:-], who still, sheepishly or not, likes the new stats. :D

altofran

Post Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:26 am

donrobodroid wrote:Hey, guys!

As slug already stated, the new statistics feature isn't related at all to the problems you're experiencing with your old scripts.

This being said, just out of curiosity: how can a HTMLpage disable the use of JavaScript in my browser? :o

Cheers,
-Don [:-], who still, sheepishly or not, likes the new stats. :D

Well, maybe you should learn JavaScript before «sheepishly» applauding the admins who disable them...

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Feature: Statistics Pages