Board index PBase News New Image Processing Options

News

New Image Processing Options

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Image Processing Options

Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:41 pm

Many of you have asked for it, and here it is...
We have added a new feature that allows you to process images at the gallery level to save disk space.
You can choose a processing option to be applied to new uploads to a gallery or process images that are already on PBase.
The two options at this time are:
- delete originals (uses the large size to calculate disk usage instead of the original)
- recompress originals (maintains the original image dimensions, but decreases the file size)

You can also take a look at the <a href="http://www.pbase.com/help/image_processing">image processing help page</a> for a little more detail.

-Emily
(The Forum Goddess)

olliemaitland

Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:24 pm

Thanks very much for new feature, glad to see there is still development!

A quick question before i play:

Does changing the options on the gallery affect only the uploads from there on or will it delete the originals residing on pbase servers already?

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:34 pm

It will only affect new uploads to that gallery, starting from the time that you set the processing option.
You will have to use the tool at the bottom of the gallery edit page if you want to apply the processing to images already in the gallery or images that are copied or moved to the gallery in the future.

-Emily
(The Forum Goddess)

olliemaitland

Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:36 pm

Ah thanks - didn't see that new bit at the bottom in the edit view

sheila

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:17 am

Emily

What happened to Expanded upload. It would appear at present I can only upload one image at a time or am I missing something?

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:37 am

it just moved to underneath the upload box.
sorry to move things around suddenly from the normal places.
we're attempting to have more consistency in the controls.
i try to avoid making to many confusing changes, but sometimes it's better in the long run to clean things up.

-slug

samikosemi

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:41 am

:) Love the new options! Was able to free up 30MB of gallery space without having to delete any images.

andrys

Re: New Image Processing Options

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:07 pm

emily wrote:Many of you have asked for it, and here it is...
We have added a new feature that allows you to process images at the gallery level to save disk space.
You can choose a processing option to be applied to new uploads to a gallery or process images that are already on PBase. \,,,
-Emily
(The Forum Goddess)

Emily,

Nice feature. I deleted some huge ones and uploaded 800x600s.

In Irfanview (free) one can batch resize directories-full and at the same time apply auto-sharpening to each downsize in that batch action. The minimal one is '1' and this setting doesn't tend to leave those awful halos we see on oversharpened pics though it leaves more than I like.

Since downsizing automatically loses sharpness from the original, will you be applying some minimal re-sharpening to the downsized pic?

Thanks for whatever info.

arifakhan

Image Processing Options

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:37 am

I used this feature and found it very useful indeed. Thank you.

ckuhn55

New here

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:43 pm

before I get started, I shoot everything in 6.2 pix format (10D) How will this new feature work with my pictures? :roll:

frogger187

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:03 pm

i have been trying to delete originals for over a month..has this been disabled or when will it be working again?

queentingli

re: image processing

Post Wed May 31, 2006 2:49 am

my faverite image processing tool - Abacre Photo Editor

you can download it free at http://www.yaodownload.com/video-design ... essing.htm

enjoy the powerful tool with me!

Board index PBase News New Image Processing Options