Board index PBase News Improved Feature: PBase Mail

News

Improved Feature: PBase Mail

graham_tomlin

Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:46 am

can someone let me know if messages can be sent to me its not showing on my profile page now .
many thanks
Graham

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:15 pm

Yes, Graham, there is a link displayed to other users who view your profile page that says "Send a Message to graham_tomlin". Hope that helps.

-Emily

dang

Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:32 pm

Many Thanks for the new feature!

webcam709

Improved Feature: PBase Mail

Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:50 pm

It's perfect .................... Thank you. :D

kstuebin

Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:49 pm

Well, I just deleted 300 messages and have 1,000 left. I'd say it's about time. I guess I'm going to do this in stages.

gpc

Improved Mail

Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:26 am

Thank you so much. This is so much easier to you. I love how easy it is to delete all of the old messages.

cgull

Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:05 am

Simply put...

Thank You

photoman754

Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:09 am

It is nicer but I liked the feature before that you could tell when/if the other person has read your message. Or I am missing it?

graham_tomlin

Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:27 am

i wish you would put back on sent messages ,being able to see if people have read your message please,i am not the only one who wants this feature put back .
manys thanks if you can
regards Graham

lenightowl

Preview

Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:20 am

... could you please place the Preview screen at the bottom (under the Compose Mail screen) so that it's not uncomfortably squeezed in this ridiculously narrow column that makes the message almost illegible? :shock:
(at least this is how it looks on my page)
I'd really appreciate this... :lol:
Marie-Hélène Raletz (lenightowl)

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:58 am

We have made a few adjustments to the mail system. We added some <a href="http://www.pbase.com/mail?view=settings">mail settings</a>, which can be reached from the mail pages. Now, you can:
- <b>Allow</b> or <b>Disallow</b> the sender to know if you have read his mail
- Display the mail preview box <b>to the right of</b> or <b>below</b> the compose form

Since allowing other people to know whether you have read your messages or not is a bit of a privacy violation, we wanted to make it an opt-in setting.
If the recipient of your mail has adjusted her settings to allow you to see if she has read your message, the message will have a status of "new" or "read" in your "Sent Box".
Otherwise, the "Status" field will be left blank.
The status of messages will be set on new messages, but not on existing ones.

Enjoy!
-Emily

lenightowl

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:15 am

emily wrote:We have made a few adjustments to the mail system. We added some <a href="http://www.pbase.com/mail?view=settings">mail settings</a>, which can be reached from the mail pages. Now, you can:
- <b>Allow</b> or <b>Disallow</b> the sender to know if you have read his mail
- Display the mail preview box <b>to the right of</b> or <b>below</b> the compose form

Since allowing other people to know whether you have read your messages or not is a bit of a privacy violation, we wanted to make it an opt-in setting.
If the recipient of your mail has adjusted her settings to allow you to see if she has read your message, the message will have a status of "new" or "read" in your "Sent Box".
Otherwise, the "Status" field will be left blank.
The status of messages will be set on new messages, but not on existing ones.

Enjoy!
-Emily

You're my idol, Emily..... :D
THANK YOU!
Marie-Hélène Raletz (lenightowl)

erichmangl

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:30 pm

emily wrote:We have made a few adjustments to the mail system.

emily, why is it that a click on FROM in inbox (or TO in sent) opens the message, while a click on FROM (or TO) in the mail goes to the profile of the user ? is there a deeper logic behind that i miss ?

reflectionsbyruth

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:44 pm

??? dont like it at all, cant see if the person you have sent a message has read it or not ???

You couldnt see that before? I would just go to their profile and see if they have any unread msgs. If not then I know they read it.

I think its a great imprevement.. now we can delete the msgs which was a bit confusing before.
I like the new version of mail a lot better.
Thanks Slug and Emily :D

enigmawmn

Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:51 am

Thanks a lot, guys, for a great improvement.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News Improved Feature: PBase Mail