Board index PBase News Improved Feature: Favorite Artists Page

News

Improved Feature: Favorite Artists Page

marchael

Post Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:19 pm

Thank you for the new feature. It takes a little getting used to but I think it's definitely an improvement. And thanks also for the updates about what's going on with PBase. It is muchly appreciated! :D

Regarding the new "View your topics" feature - excellent! It's great for those times when you want to get back to a specific gallery that you like without having to look through all the others. Well done! :D :D

eharel

How can I control which photo will appear?

Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:57 pm

I like the new favorites and topics features. Very cool!
One question - how can I control which of my pictures will appear when others look at their favorites (assuming I am one of their favorites)?
Thanks. Elazar

eharel

Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:57 pm

Just to clarify, I am asking about the picture that shows in the"View Recent Photos" mode (not "View Portrait Photos"). The picture that is displayed is not the one that I selected as the "Representative" for any of the the recent galleries, and I can't figure out why it was selected for display. Thanks.

hsandler

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:41 pm

eharel wrote:Just to clarify, I am asking about the picture that shows in the"View Recent Photos" mode (not "View Portrait Photos"). The picture that is displayed is not the one that I selected as the "Representative" for any of the the recent galleries, and I can't figure out why it was selected for display. Thanks.

The one that is displayed is the most recent photo you've added.

schutze

Space Hog, Speed Blocker

Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:43 pm

I can scan the old Favorite Artists list fast to look for changes. The new thumbnail format is in my face and annoying, especially because the last photo is not representative of anything except the last photo. It's often junk and not representative of the artists gallery in general, or as a visual cue.

It's just a nother layer to go through to get to the recent additions list of each person.

Regarding list sharing ... my friends and contracts should be private unless I want to recommend them on an individual basis. I don't want someone to look at my network. It's too personal. I also don't want to be a vehicle for spamming my friends. I know I can turn it off, thankfully.

I prefer the old list, of most recent additions. Too much white space and irrelevent thumbnails add terribly to my already massive amounts of clutter around me.

I want simple and fast. To the point. I don't have time to click around aimlessly through layers of user interface.

One guy's opinion, offered as constructive and honest feedback.

Best regards to all,

Stan Schutze
San Diego

schutze

For now, I go around it

Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:58 pm

My solution to stay streamlined was to quit using the new Favorite Artists feature. I set up a Favorite Places bookmark folder of my own outside of pbase. I scan through that list quickly to keep up with photo friends when the urge strikes.

I'm sure there are better ways to speed things up, but that's my patch system until I have time to think up a better way.

Yes, I'm a huge pbase loyalist. It's awesome, and my first choice for presenting my galleries.

Stan Schutze
San Diego

Previous

Board index PBase News Improved Feature: Favorite Artists Page