Hop on to

Server:irc.dal.net
Channel:#pbase

Few rules:
- nothing official about it
- Be civil, courteous and don't flame
- try to use the same nick as your pbase username, unless it is already taken
- Channel ops reserve the right to kick off abusers
- Please keep controversial topics to the minimum, especially topics related to politics etc. There are more than enough other channels to rant on politics
Last edited by srijith on Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paul_teixeira

Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:51 pm

Nice initiative. A shame that nobody is online...

0turkey

Selam

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:40 am

[quote="paul_teixeira"]Nice initiative. A shame that nobody is online...[/quote][url] http://www.pbase.com/0turkey/antalya [/url]

goislands

IRC? Internal Relation Charter? Internat. Response Chamber??

Post Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:52 am

Maybe you could say what is IRC? :)
You known, with 26 letters in English, we have 26**26**26 = 17576 possible acronyms. I my company we used to have a 500 pages book explaining internal known acronyms. And in real life, we make new ones every day.

For example, being in the Silicon Valley I would think that I am atop of technology. And yet for quite some time I see a term "blog" in wider and wider use, and the hell I still cannot discover what does it mean!!! Isn't that fun? :?

matthewk

IRC Java chat

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:55 am

I threw this together real quick for those IRC newbies out there that are not familiar with it. All you have to do is go to the following URL and click "yes" to download the Java applet (might take a minute or two if you're on a slow Internet connection).

To change your name from the randomly generated one (e.g. pBase000), type in your name in the "Change nick to" input field and press the [Enter] key.

http://www.kieren.com/pbase/

Hope this helps more people to get in there and chat! :D

Please note that this is completely unofficial and might be taken down at any time without warning.

dishio

Re: IRC? Internal Relation Charter? Internat. Response Chamb

Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:20 pm

goislands wrote:Maybe you could say what is IRC? :)
You known, with 26 letters in English, we have 26**26**26 = 17576 possible acronyms.

IRC is an old acronym. It stands for Internet Relay Chat.
to make it short:
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of instant communication over the Internet. It is mainly designed for group (many-to-many) communication in discussion forums called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication.
see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC for more.

It is bit like msn and chat rooms but you can execute script (bots) and other goodies.

Board index PBase News New unofficial IRC channel for PBase