News

PBase Magazine : Issue #2 Released

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

PBase Magazine : Issue #2 Released

Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:53 am

http://www.pbase.com/magazine

The PBase Magazine team have done it again.

The launch of the first issue in April was a big success with at least 40,000 downloads. Everyone I talked to was very impressed with the first issue and I think this new one is a worthy successor.

Issue #2 includes interviews with professional photographers, and articles about equipment, software techniques, styles, and more.

Download the zipped PDF file now from http://www.pbase.com/magazine

Thanks again to the people who put this together. I continue to be amazed by the professional appearance. Please give them some feedback and let them know what a great job they are doing.

-slug
slug@pbase.com

ernst

Thanks!

Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:01 am

Arjun and team,

Thanks for another evening offline reading fun!

arjunrc

Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:32 am

Thanks Slug for posting the news.

Ernst, thanks for your comments, too.

Thanks to Christina Craft, Gary Blanchette, Wanda Bates, Larena Woodmore, Matias Asun and Alan Grant for all their hard work; and thanks to all the readers for sending in their comments on Issue #1.

As always, feel free to send in your comments and do participate in the competition !

regds
arjun

dazedgonebye

Incredible.

Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:38 am

I read 4-6 photo magazines a month...I think you guys have them all beat for quality of content.
Too cool.

matiasasun

Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:03 pm

Hi!

Sorry I have been away this last weeks. I´m changing to a new house and I still don´t have web access, and quite a mess all over the place. That´s why I couldn´t do the whole article with Alan. Actually I think Arjun should own the credit (he save us this time :oops: ).

Thank you so much Arjun for all your work.
Warm regards to all the team that makes this possible.

Matias

PS: I´ll be back..... (soon). (I promise).
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

ilanphoto

Post Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:43 pm

I missed you :)
Good the hear you are comming back soon

matiasasun wrote:Hi!

Sorry I have been away this last weeks. I´m changing to a new house and I still don´t have web access, and quite a mess all over the place. That´s why I couldn´t do the whole article with Alan. Actually I think Arjun should own the credit (he save us this time :oops: ).

Thank you so much Arjun for all your work.
Warm regards to all the team that makes this possible.

Matias

PS: I´ll be back..... (soon). (I promise).

ilanphoto

Post Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:23 pm

I downloaded the magazine a few minutes ago and started reading it. After the first few page, with great excitement, I started paging down to quickly absorb as much as possible. All I can say is a big WOW :D
What quality? what topics? this is so much better then any magazine I have ever been a subscriber, bought or read.
Needless to say, this could have an impact on the photo magazine market,

Will certainly go back, as soon as I finish this thank you note and finish reading the magazine

Keep it up, only regret I have, is that I can not contribute anything of value to the effort

Thanks
Ilan

srijith

Post Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:01 am

I have to echo - WOW! This is one of the best quality magazine around and to get it for free!!

Great job Arjun, Christina Craft, Gary Blanchette, Wanda Bates, Larena Woodmore, Matias Asun and Alan Grant. You all deserve a big pat on your back. Keep it up.

magazine

Post Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:52 am

Thanks guys ! Your comments make all the work worth it !

Ilan: please do participate in the competition - that is a great way to contribute. We have already received some excellent entries.

Also, a request to everyone: Please feel free to advertise this magazine in your favourite forums - we had over 40,000 downloads for Issue#1. We are hoping we can up this with #2 :-)

regds
arjun

djmurdoc

Re: PBase Magazine : Issue #2 Released

Post Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:27 pm

When you guys would like to go to print let me know. I will get you a good price...

slug wrote:http://www.pbase.com/magazine

The PBase Magazine team have done it again.

The launch of the first issue in April was a big success with at least 40,000 downloads. Everyone I talked to was very impressed with the first issue and I think this new one is a worthy successor.

Issue #2 includes interviews with professional photographers, and articles about equipment, software techniques, styles, and more.

Download the zipped PDF file now from http://www.pbase.com/magazine

Thanks again to the people who put this together. I continue to be amazed by the professional appearance. Please give them some feedback and let them know what a great job they are doing.

-slug
slug@pbase.com

magazine

Competition Clarifications

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:07 am

Hi folks,

Some clarifications on the PBase Magazine Competition:

a) Irrespective of whether you win or not, all the entries will be uploaded to our challenge gallery (which will be made public once issue #3 announces the results). Each entry will have the explanation you provided as well as feedback from Phil Douglis on what he felt about the image. They will be posted as comments. Feel free to follow up further dialogue via the comments system in the challenge gallery.

b) When you submit photos, please :
b.1) Provide appropriate names for your photos (don't submit them
as "entry 1.jpg", "entry 2.jpg" etc.)

b.2) Please provide commentary on the nature of incongruity for each
photo. This is critical, without which the photo cannot be judged
effectively.

Thanks
Arjun

andrys

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:48 pm

arjunrc wrote:Thanks Slug for posting the news.

Ernst, thanks for your comments, too.

Thanks to Christina Craft, Gary Blanchette, Wanda Bates, Larena Woodmore, Matias Asun and Alan Grant for all their hard work; and thanks to all the readers for sending in their comments on Issue #1.

As always, feel free to send in your comments and do participate in the competition !

regds
arjun

" rivals [photography magazines] on store shelves" ?

DEMOLISHES them.

PURE Content.

As for inspirational photographers, I just 'met' Alan Grant's
work last night and was overwhelmed by how he sees and
how he communicates what he sees.

But you know this guy already :-)

For those who haven't visited his site,
http://www.pbase.com/alangrant

THANKS to ALL who made this wonderfully meaty issue.

Very impressive! (To understate it.)

I've just found a good use for my Epson color printer!
The magazine in hard-copy format.

magazine

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:40 am

Thanks Andrys.

And again, a note to all:

Please remember to participate in the competition
and don't forget to talk about this magazine in your favourite forums :-)

rdelbar

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:45 am

The pbase magazine is a wonderful idea, and its execution is even better!!!

I specifically liked the discussion on CSS elements - I spent quite some time to figure out a lot of it on my own, but this is a very nice piece.

Keep on going!

René

Board index PBase News PBase Magazine : Issue #2 Released