Board index PBase News new feature: complete rewrite of the comment system

News

new feature: complete rewrite of the comment system

mardoli

Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:30 am

Thank you for all, great work!
But I'd like to know how to see all former comments in the management page...I can see only very recent ones now.
Slug and Emily you are really doing a wonderful service and Pbase is the best site!
Marisa

sunshinehina

Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:59 am

wangi wrote:Okay, good stuff... But how can I see old comments, more than are shown on the comment management page?

yes i have the same question..
in addition, do i have to make a new message to reply to comments or there's still a "reply" option (so that it is neat to look at)?

zippo

Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:22 am

Thanks Slug and Emily :)

But since this update my sliders move eache time i go over the pictures.

I wonder if this is only in IE? Take a look...

http://www.pbase.com/zippo/lowlights_and_fog

Monique

eclecticphoto

Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:36 pm

sunshinehina wrote:
wangi wrote:Okay, good stuff... But how can I see old comments, more than are shown on the comment management page?

Notice the message from slug earlier in this thread that says: "we still have some work to do relating to people that have large amount of comments."

I think they are working on this issue.

gpc

Thanks!

Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:10 am

Thank you so much for your work. It took a bit of getting used to. but is certainly is quick and easy. I appreciate everything you do to make pbase great.

sunshinehina

Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:08 am

eclecticphoto wrote:
sunshinehina wrote:

Notice the message from slug earlier in this thread that says: "we still have some work to do relating to people that have large amount of comments."

I think they are working on this issue.

yep i'll be patient, but ... hehe i gotta reply to some messages!
so i hop it wont be toooo long :)

larena

Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:28 am

Yesterday, I modified my style sheets to include a 1px coloured border around my comments & it was fine, but today I'm getting 2 borders, one quite a bit wider than another.

An example is on http://www.pbase.com/larena/bugs. Any ideas Slug?

BTW - love the thumbnails in Comment Management :D
Larena

alangrant

Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:48 am

Larena - this section of HTML contains both a table with class "comment" and a div with class "comment" (this might be a change since you originally modified your CSS).

As it stands, your CSS applies to both the table and div, hence the double border. You need to change:

#commentlist .comment{
}

to either
#commentlist div.comment
or
#commentlist table.comment.

Hope this helps.
Alan
Travel Photos - http://www.pbase.com/alangrant
Balkanology: Explore Southeast Europe - http://www.balkanology.com/

larena

Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:35 am

Thanks Alan,

I thought I was doing it the right way, since that worked yesterday but I did what you suggested & all is good now :D
Larena

isabel95

Grey type in Comments Box?

Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:46 pm

While typing in a comment I noticed that the type was extremely light...kind of grey. Is that intentional? It's very hard to read.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post...I may have put the first comment in the wrong thread.

Isabel

alexhoggarth

Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:23 pm

are you also working on a way to enable us to write replies in addition to hide and delete functions for each message - I often get comments where people are asking specific questions - and while we are on the topic of replies, it would be awfully nice if we could click a button that says reply and the reply goes to the person who posted the question - otherwise, they have to revisit your image and find their comment to see if a reply was indeed provided

jmphotography

reply comments

Post Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:16 am

To SLUG
I agree with "rachelita" who wrote

it would be awfully nice if we could click a button that says reply and the reply goes to the person who posted the question - otherwise, they have to revisit your image and find their comment to see if a reply was indeed provided

After I reply to an image that could have been posted today or last week, I need to remember to send the reply link directly to the user, thus I'm actually repying twice than once. It really is too much work to send a link about a reply to a comment, but I feel bad when I don't answer questions.

Can we do it? Yes we can!
Says "Bob the Builder"
Thanks a lot
Josh

scherrer

Post Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:54 am

Hi Slug ! I like the new way the COMMENTS apears, but i don't know how i can ANSWER a post anymore... the only thing i get is "hide/delete", but no "answer" !
How come ?
J-Pierre

isabel95

Varying fonts when entering comments

Post Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:06 am

I've noticed that the font in the comment entry box varies with the style sheet...and can go from very light gray to bold black type.

Is there any way you can standardized the font so that it will always be dark and easily readable?

Isabel

pooh4jvn

Comment box

Post Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:31 am

I have noticed, as have others, that the text you add to the comment box is very small and a very light gray making it very hard to read when writing a comment. I also noticed that some of the style sheets do have larger and blacker text. Can this be applied to all of them?

Judith

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News new feature: complete rewrite of the comment system